Eurotrash V: Gaultier edition

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Bonnie Lass, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    It's like $49. Which is not too far off from the Nike/UA kind. Besides, I need a good sports bra. And I really don't want to do the 2 bras thing to get a perfect fit.

http://www.zappos.com/moving-comfort-rebound-racer-charcoal-heather

2. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    ::blank stare::

Champion works just as well for me...

But I hope that works out for you..:D

3. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Is it good then? Are they a European brand/make or pan-global?
    If we get to the stage - any time soon - where a GB based player is being used for such promotional stuff then I shall be a happy bunny (and not just occasional Nike photos and pics of them in natioal team kit but with no actual mention of WHO THEY ARE)!

4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I've been thinking about this... but I'm not going to ask. My mind is boggling, though.

5. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I've seen a lot of women who do high-impact sports wear 2 sports bras in order to REALLY get control of their chests. Usually, the 2 bras are different kinds, but they secure everything a little differently. Kind of like they compliment each other.

6. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Since I found quite a few on U.S. sites, I'm assuming they're international, though their website has a .eu addie. I did not, however, see Bresonik modeling them. So, maybe she's just the model for the German or Euro side of things?

7. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    After a game, on a hot summer's day, I saw Atlanta Beat here (visiting Sky Blue, near NYC) sit down in the semi-circle, and noticed almost all then reached in and took one bra off and threw it down in the grass. I asssume that "better fit" was not the purpose.

8. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    It makes sense to me. They take off one when the game's over, probably since it was hot.

So, if not for better fit, what would be the purpose then? :confused:

9. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Moving Comfort is American company based in WA, I believe. For that kind of price, I'd be curious to know where this bra is manufactured and at what cost..

10. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I was going to say that they need to contact the Swedes for real scaffolding, then I saw that the very product I would have recommended is being phased out. Bastards. Good grief, how can you call this a sports bra? What sports would you be able to do in this? Tai chi? :confused: Tiddlywinks?

*grump grump*

11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I don't know whether this is related to Linda Bresonik's bra adverts, but Duisburg are looking for an intern* to do marketing/public relations. So if anyone is looking for a new challenge... :p

*internship = we need the work done, but we can't afford to pay anyone for it

12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Wait a minute :eek:

I am one of those entitled to ask, but not answer, the ancient gender-secret here.....

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    If the players just hanging around on the field, they're not running and jumping, so their breasts are much more stationary at that point, so, two bras aren't necessary anymore.

Here's something to help, taken from a NYT blog article:

The first sports bra was created in 1977 when two runners, Hinda Miller and Lisa Lindahl, sewed together two jockstraps to create the Jogbra. The business was later sold to Sara Lee Corporation, which owns Playtex bras, and several other firms now make variations on the theme.

Even though sports bras have been around for three decades, many women complain they still can’t find one that eases the bounce of exercise. Sports bras come in various incarnations. Compression bras flatten you out; encapsulation bras have two cups that reduce movement in each breast. Some women wear both at the same time.

14. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I have it on good authority that Ms. Birgit Prinz wore nothing but La Perla's Dangereux Push-Up Bras. Hard to believe, I know.

15. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A variety of folks thought Garefrekes wasn't wearing a bra at all during the WWC. I didn't think that likely and I'm not sure why they thought it.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :D You would think with Garefrekes running around looking like she's a DIY extra from Madonna's Blonde Ambition tour from the 90's, would leave no doubt on the question of her use of any extra support.

Seeing the rather sharp frontage of Garefrekes pre watershed, was the most surprisingly dangerous thing she contributed all tournament :rolleyes:.

17. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    As one of those who might be expected to answer 'the ancient gender secret', I surely am glad that others took care of it (because I have no idea what 'the ancient gender secret' is and I don't have a decoder ring). Take it away, Bonnie:

Thanks for the clarification; I had thought that maybe the 'two-bra' thing meant that some people needed such wildly different sizes for their lefts and rights that they would buy two separate items and stitch together the appropriate areas of the garment. (Remember Columbia from Rocky Horror?)

Well, sure... with the amount of playing time she got at the WWC, why not? And who could tell? And I don't know about midfield hacks like Garefrekes, but goalkeepers of course prefer not to wear bras, as they only reduce one's sensitivity.

18. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Birgit in La Perla?

:gag:

[​IMG]

19. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Sorry to break up the 'over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder' chat but didn't know where else to put this link:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/sally-shipards-private-battle-against-demons-within/2434405.aspx?storypage=1

Sorry to read such a thing. She's definitely not the only player to have experienced and be battling with such eating issues/self doubt and I think it's brave and worth listening to, when they do.

It's in Eurotrash because she escaped to Europe and I'm now left wondering if she ever served any of us (OK, me) with a beer and I didn't recognise her without a gold or navy jersey on and her hair tied back (that's what it was like when she 'disappeared').

I am sensitive to such things, even if I did describe, in print, Charlyn Corral as 'chubby but super skilful'. Eeek.

20. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Hope Solo tweets:
    That's why she enjoys tweeting so much, right? :cool:

21. GambitSWE

GambitSWE Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Landvetter
    Club:
    Göteborg FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    me likes this answer :D

22. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Happy Imbolc, everyone, or Joyous Brigid's Day, or là fhèill Brìghde if you prefer. Everyone remember to light candles and burn things to help the sun come back for the rest of this Year of the Dragon, and someone in North America please let us poor folks across the pond know what Punxsutawney Phil (or the ground-dwelling squirrel/rodent/badger/bear of your choice) says will happen this spring.

If we had such a critter 'round these parts ('Uppsala Ulrika'? 'Svealand Sven'?) it would most certainly have headed back inside at dawn, which was bright, sunny, and a balmy -14C.

23. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the marmot said 6 more weeks of winter. But it is supposed to be 69 F here today and will prolly be even warmer than that.

24. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Well, Phil says more winter, but Gen. Beauregard Lee (Ga's groundhog - complete with antebellum mansion) says an early spring. Since it was 80 degrees out here today, I'd guess old Beau's right about us down South. Not sure how it will fair for the yankees.

video: http://cartersville.patch.com/articles/groundhog-6-more-weeks-of-winter#video-9024252

25. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    she clearly hasn't seen any of the pearls brain trustees like V-Fish and Mr.W delight us with in P&CE... and especially hasn't considered the succinct and fitting retort constituted by HA HA HA! 3 little words, 6 little letters that so often say it all.

did i ever tell you i hate you? it was TEN DEGREES BELOW MOTHER LOVING ZERO here last night!

US? say it ain't so bonnie...