Eurotrash V: Gaultier edition

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Bonnie Lass, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Moved from the Very Serious News thread...

Is Art not an ambition in and of itself? A bit of rough, low-budget entertainment is always fun.

Who's the last player on the blue team on the right-hand split screen, at the very very end? Looks like she could be Hingst's sister. And speaking of Herself...

Sigh. It's time we told you the Truth, isn't it, I guess you're old enough now to handle it. I know we used to tell you that all the players who previously had the number 17 'were taken to a nice home in the countryside' when Hingst arrived, but... well...

1 person likes this.
  2. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Dear Jess Clarke,

Real eyebrows might make you look less perpetually shocked by what was happening around you.

Luv,

Smulan and everybody else watching a broadcast, except perhaps your 17 year-old "beauty therapist"

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Arsenal Ladies are currently on tour in Japan and the players are trying the local food :
    You can follow their adventure on their twitter account that is handled by the one and only Faye White aka rudegal
    [​IMG]

4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    When do they first play?

5. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    - INAC Kobe v Arsenal Ladies, KO 7.15pm, 30 November, National Stadium, Tokyo.

- Musashigaoka College v Arsenal Ladies, KO 10am, 2 December (Behind closed doors at Musashigaoka College)

- NTV Beleza v Arsenal Ladies, KO 1.30pm, Tama City Athletic Field, Entry Free.

I am aiming for the last one, if money and logistics permit as it will be a short week-end.

6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I assume that's next weekend. Impressed that you would travel to see it.

The college game listed seems very strange. Perhaps Arsenal bought their juniors too? They must have some $$$ if that's true.

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That college comes every summer to England and has a friendly that Arsenal wins by 5 to 10 every season. There is an 18 players squad including 3 17 years old and 1 player on loan from the Boston breakers.

8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Curious - is that squad an Arsenal or the Japan/college squad?

Also curious - perhaps you are making your way to the stadium now, as the game starts in a few hours.

Separate and unrelated - proof that Louisa Necib is more than a pretty face?

9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The Arsenal squad has 18 players :

Emma Byrne, Steph Houghton, Yvonne Tracy, Jayne Ludlow, Gilly Flaherty, Ciara Grant, Jordan Nobbs, Ellen White, Rachel Yankey, Alex Scott, Rebecca Spencer, Jennifer Beattie, Kim Little, Katie Chapman, Niamh Fahey, Lily Agg, Angharad James, Bianca Bragg.

I am going for the game on Sunday flying from London on Friday :D and back at work on Monday. :eek:

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    She is also sometimes a lazy player who goes missing when the going gets tough :D saying that she has improved recently.

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well the game between the Japanese league champion and the English League champion ended up 1-1. Goals from Ji-so Yun 70th and Beattie 78th.
    Attendance 11 000. Arsenal with their best 11 on the pitch and making only two subs on 67th and 76th minutes. It must have been a very good game of football.

Next a Club World Cup for the women's ?

12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    highlights - and good luck with your expedition !

13. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Needs Continetal Cups for that, Europe and South America have them but do anyone else?

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    We hope to see you on the Tube

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Look out for a shirt 25 Ladd home or 8 Nobbs away depending on the team's color. :D

16. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    A propos de rien, I just read about it and didn't know this before: Miraildes Maciel Mota. Such a beautiful name. So much nicer than "Ant". :rolleyes:

17. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad a sponsorship w/ 3M couldn't be sorted ;)

She really is (still) a top notch player.

18. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I guess Lohman's not really yet come to terms with the seedier bits of her dark past; I notice that, although she was perfectly happy to talk about Japan and Spain, she did not mention playing for Bälinge.

<sobbing sounds>She did so!!

(here's some evidence that yes, yes, she really did... well, sorta)

19. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    What dark past?

I did see some of her blog when she trained with her friend in Japan. No comment.

20. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Don't you get it? She played for Bälinge. In 2008, no less!

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    One pic from my week-end in Tokyo, Arsenal won 3-1, Beleza scored none, all four goals scored by Arsenal players.

[​IMG]

22. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    If that's the best photo you could provide, what is it that you Arsenal fans imbibe that you have difficulty pointing the camera during games?

And how was it besides? Any autographs, dates, etc?

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    No I dont get it. Not at all.

24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I normally takes notes during games for post games analysis, so doesn't take game pictures.
    And no autographs because I had to rush back to Narita airport straight after the game due to work on Monday morning and I don't bother since Faye White refused to sign me one back in 2007.
    If i want one now, I ask beforehand on social network...

25. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Well, we know now that Kerstin Garefrekes doesn't need to buy an evening dress, because she didn't make the FIFA top 3. So, instead, she's in a red robe today, playing Santa Claus at a children's hospital. I want to see pictures! :D