Eurotrash II [R]

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Bonnie Lass, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    So, you're gonna dump a rottweiler person for a cat person?

Yeah, that's smart.

:p

2. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Actually, I don't like cats that much either. Still, it's easier for a cat to get "lost" than for a Rottweiler. Is all I'm saying. Stuff happens.

3. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Well if they get started on the fun that young, no wonder they get old that fast. :D

But the Germans are doing their best to catch up. Bayern coach Wörner said on BR3 last night, in all seriousness, that his team was the prettiest of the league. Is that how you promote women football these days? :eek: I don't think that's the type of comment that a male coach should be making, especially if his daughter is playing on the team as well. And yes, she is attractive, and there are quite a few other cute women on the team as well, even if you don't count little Mel, but that's not the point. (I'd rather leave those comments for us here to make. ;) )

Apart from that, it was a good report and interview (with Wörner, his daughter, and Behringer), although I'm still struggling with the patronising undertones I sense in many TV commentaries. But that may have more to do with a chip on my own shoulder, so I'll keep quiet about the issue until I've got more data...

(Is this really Eurotrash? I guess not, but what the ****.)

4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tanja Wörle??? Really? (Hey, what am I saying? Angerer :rolleyes:.)

Well, aren't we just a diverse bunch here at the rivalry forum?

5. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Smulan, if you don't even find Tanja Wörle attractive (oops, got the name wrong...), there is not a lot of hope that you might ever learn to grasp the concept of Angerer.
    *sigh*

6. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Hey, kick, I have some new shoes for you.

[​IMG]

See, they even have safety straps, so you shouldn't be able to fall off these ones!

Amen to that.

But since I'm handing out garish fashion items: Have your pick of liquorice allsorts Angerer hats.

[​IMG]

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Your loss. :D

Ouch. Take them away please, I am sure they would give her funny ideas. :eek:

But hey, she is a great footballer AND (to some of us) an attractive woman AND apparently smart and a nice person as well, so she must be allowed to live up to her "crazy goalie" image in some way. I do admit that I disagree with that journalist's description of her clothing style as "extravagant, aber stilsicher" on both counts...

8. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
  9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    At the rate we're expanding, maybe the next thread should just be called "Trash"? Or "Global Trash"?

Spontaneous comments: At least they seem to have dressed themselves. And not a cocktail dress in sight that I could see. BUT... Kyah Simon looks like a Mormon missionary gone naughty, baring arms in her prairie style outift... Sarah Groenweald has been out killing kookaburras pre photo-shoot... And every bunch has an Angerer, in this case Collette McCallum.

They didn't exactly go into detail about their footballing merits, did they? But I'm glad to know that they all are hoping for nice, wholesome careers looking after old people or children. Maybe we should have a vote on who was most likely to have mentioned "world peace" in their interview only to have it edited out? I'm going to go for the naughty missionary.

10. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    How about "People-whose-ancestors-got-kicked-out-of-the-decent-countries Trash"? That way we cover WPS too. If there are complaints we can with complete accuracy change it to "People-whose-ancestors-had-personalities-too-big-for-the-Old-Country Trash."

I note that Alagich works for Customs. You know what they say about that type right? You don't? Well, people who have soft cushy government jobs (with an added graft bonus) get to spend plenty of time indulging their hobbies, such as being at the beach. Which apparently she's been doing a little too much, as she seems to have a couple day's worth of algal growth on her face. See that greenish tinge?

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Maybe- just maybe- her job is actually to be stationed at the beach, keeping an eye out for drug-smuggling jellyfish? The Australian Customs tend to use beagles to sniff out drugs, though. I don't see any mention of a "pet" beagle in her blurb.

12. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Just in case any of you are interested:

Røa's five international players will not play any further international matches, in a dramatic protest against the national team's management.

Marie Knutsen, Siri Nordby, Guro Knutsen, Marit Fiane Christensen and Lene Mykjåland have all decided to refuse any further play with the national team. "On the national team the pleasure in playing football has been little recently and we know that we are sacrificing more than we get back", they said in a press release.

They are taking a tough line about how they see the situation in the national team. "We need leaders who can bring out the best in each of us and naturally the best in the team. Unfortunately that does not hold with our perceptions after having been part of the national team. We have difficulty in being ourselves in national team meetings and even though it is all talked up, the experience is different for us", said the quintet.

"This is one of the reasons for the five Røa players who took part in the Olympics to decide that we will not accept invitations to play international matches until further notice".

"We have discussed with the management what our thoughts are and how we experience the situation. We understand that the perceptions are different on the management side", concluded the statement.

http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/toppserien/article2319503.ece

=====

Pål Arne Johansen, assistant coach, was interviewed here: http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/landslag/article2319614.ece

====

Bjarne Berntsen will meet with the five players tomorrow:
    http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/landslag/article2320257.ece

====

Ragnhild Gulbrandsen and Lise Klaveness comment:
    http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/toppserien/article2319503.ece

Says Ragnhild Gulbrandsen:
    ===
    http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/landslag/article2320257.ece

The girls will meet with Bjarne tomorrow.

===

This has all the makings of the Canadian uprising from a few years ago. And we all know how that ended. :(

Jesus Christ.

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ooooooh, that's pretty major :eek:. So that's what they were cooking up in that hot tub!

14. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    They'd be perfect if they had a goldfish in the heel ...

15. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    What, like these? :confused: Not even you could fall off these.

[​IMG]

16. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    These are better but I'd like a slightly less Frankenstein-ish look ....

17. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Wow... five is a lot, even if they are all from the same team, so this doesn't look like something that they could afford to take lightly, also considering the names involved (I remember Norway playing against Germany earlier this year).

I don't have the time to googletranslate/guess my way through the articles in Norwegian right now, so thanks @redcard for the summary.

Good for them if there is really something seriously amiss. I hope this gets managed with as little damage to Norwegian women's football as possible.(What did happen in Canada? :confused: Apologies for newbie ignorance...)

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Someone posting about the WPS made me laugh out loud a minute ago.

"There should be a Global Cup between the top 2 teams from this league, the top 2 from say Sweden, England and maybe another country that has a Women's league..."

Hmmm... But what countries could possibly we think of that might possibly have a women's league anywhere near as good as England's? *scratches head* :D

19. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland?

20. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    You know, I was going to suggest that myself, but it seemed a bit bold. So I thought I'd leave the opening for the Sassenach.

21. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Then the geordie goes sticking her size sevens in first. Sorry about that. Got a bit excitable. :p

22. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Sevens? :eek: That's a big lass there, then? :D

And you know, as regards the unfortunate geographical location of your birthplace/parental birhtplaces: I know it's not your fault, so I don't hold it against you. As I've said before, at least you're a northener. :p

23. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Bjarne Berntsen's a miserable ********ing ********************.

24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Woe is me. Or something like that. If truth be told, I'm secretly pleased that they got so close. But it took a few days to muster up the strength to link to this: http://www.uefa.com/competitions/woco/news/kind=1/newsid=768452.html .

A win on away goals? Who put that stupid rule into place in the first place? :rolleyes: Almost as stupid as the golden goal rule that was so good to Germany over the years.

25. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Ah, but don't forget, that's how OL fell to Umea last year.