Eurotrash II [R]

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Bonnie Lass, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005

I just wanted to repeat that wonderful phrase. :)
    Took a chopper to bring him down properly though, didn't it?!

2. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Gravity. It's a bastard for so many reasons.

And hagabo, I'd just like to point out that in my book, "infrastructure" = "availability of Tanqueray in drinking establishments". In which case, there's no faulting the infrastructure of Central Scotland. Sweden, on the other hand, is sad Beefeater country. Talk about challenged :rolleyes:.

3. hagabo_i_exil

hagabo_i_exil Member

Apr 27, 2004
    london
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Beefeater gin is an abomination, true. But I seem to recall Bombay Sapphire being the fave in Swedish bars? I usually stick with whisky and beer, so I wouldn't know.

However, the narrow, winding roads full of daredevil Tanqueray-drinkers have proven excellent proving grounds for rally and race drivers over the years.

4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Well, this is something a little unusual. Apparently Umeå's Elaine had one caiparinha too many at the post-championship celebrations on Saturday. The night ended with her being led off to a holding cell in handcuffs after getting into a kerfuffle with bouncers at a nightclub.

The "full" (Swedish) story here: http://www.vk.se/Article.jsp?article=224750 . Funnily enough, in another newspaper (http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/damfotboll/article3575435.ab ), they don't name the player involved, saying that the police report is secret because it's a public figure. Maybe they also thought there'd be more of a scandal factor if people could speculate about who it was?

5. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I just read in redcard's post in some other thread that "veteran" Solveig Gulbrandsen had decided to play for another year and end her national team career after the EURO 2009. Aha, I thought, so she must be well over 30, must be a difficult decision for her... but no, the girl is sweet 27. :eek:

redcard's link http://fotball.adressa.no/kvlandslag/article120394.ece didn't seem to say anything about lingering injuries or anything, so what's with you Northeners - do you age so quickly??

6. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Don't get her started on that. Apparently the Norwegians are a bunch of weaklings who like to give up before their legs fall off. Or else they're all so rich that they can afford to "retire" early? Or perhaps so poor that they have to spend more time on their "real" jobs to survive?

Ah, good old Germany, providing us with dinosaur players decade after decade! Or, judging by the performances of some of them at the Olympics (Kerstinstegemannwhoshallremainunnamedforinstance), maybe that should be "decayed after decayed"?

:D

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    "If a youngster is up to speed by the time of EURO 2009, of course I will take her. But if she is not as good as the 30-year-old, then I will take the 30-year-old instead." Thus spake Bundes-Silvia two weeks ago. So it looks as if she may be forced not to take the best, but the least bad?

Last time I checked, good old Germany was the world champion, so something must have happened (or not happened?) on the way...

8. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ah, but I saw all the Algarve Cup matches... and the friendlies... and European Championship qualifiers... and the Olympics... Plenty has happened. And not much of it good.

Just to clarify: In my mind, some of the "bad" has been perpetrated by the young 'uns like Krahn and Laudehr. But they're regulars anyway.

9. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I agree. Apparently Krahn has even had to take it easy at Duisburg because she came back sort of burnt out from the Olympics. Why, then, did she have to play (and not very well) in the Switzerland match when nothing was at stake. The same may be true for Laudehr; I wonder how stress-resistant she is.

You know what... I wouldn't want to be in Bundes-Silvia's shoes either.

10. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    That's what the ******** I wanna know, damnit! Norwegians jumping ship left and right because they're getting 'old.' ******** that. They're ********ing killing me.

Sola was looking to retire, as well as murmurings from Marit Fiane Christensen, Siri Nordby, Gunhild Folstad and Ane Stangeland Horpestad.

Basically, our entire backline. Sans Trine Ronning. :rolleyes:

But you know, considering the way our defense has been looking ... :eek:

11. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    In other news ...

I can't make this shit up:

Røas våte drøm

[​IMG]

Translation: Røa's Wet Dream. How did they know?!

12. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    What.The.Hell.

13. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Is that true? I don't speak Swedish. Elaine sounds fun.

14. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Shouldn't those kids be in school?

Would I ever lie to you? *sigh*

15. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I think our definitions of fun are different, kick.

16. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Perhaps.

17. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Underage Norwegians in a hot tub? Drunken Brazilians in handcuffs? I think I'll be sticking with my definition of fun.

18. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    To be honest, when we finally met I realized that you had lied about your height, weight, age & educational status. Never mind that you were married with 4 kids and liked shooting wolves from helicopters in the Alaskan wilderness ...

19. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Ah, but the ones I have my eye on are all well above the legal age.

But can she take down a moose with a thirty-aught-six and then field dress it?

20. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Yep, wolves and elks: standard weekend targets for your average vegetarian in Sweden. I can whip up a mousse and dress a salad. Which I think is doing well considering what I was given to work with.

21. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Bente and Diaz then:

[​IMG]

Bente and Diaz now:
    [​IMG]

22. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006

Awwww ... I love retrievers. The only kind of dog I really like.

23. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Rottweilers are my fave by and far. My second would be boxers.

Y'know. Not that anyone cares.

24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    My favourite kind of dog:

[​IMG]

25. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I'm beginning to think that maybe we shouldn't be moving in together.

Smules, I want you back, baby!