Europa League Thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Sep 18, 2012.

1. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm not sure really.

The first one you could call obvious. The next two are 50/50 but likely wouldn't have been called in Serie A.

2. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Because I've grown past the strict "one-club above all and only" mentality. I appreciate all great clubs/players, etc.

3. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Now I know why people don't go to visit Serie A games anymore. They rather go to wrestling, if they want to see wrestling.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  4. Trilli Campanellino

Trilli Campanellino New Member

Jun 1, 2008
    HANS-GUNTER BRUNS said:
    We can win in Rome... :)
    I've seen stranger things in football happen...​

Sure, a stranger thing happened just moments ago when Borussia Monch Was awarded 3 penalties in one game - 2 of which were bogus. All you will need is another ref like that, although maybe one that is willing to give 4 penalties or at least red card 2-3 lazio players. TBH I think Lazio can get the edge with 9 players but it will be close.

For those interested the ref's name in this game was Sergei Karasev, a Russian.

I love how the coach, the fans, and every Borussia fan on this board thinks this was a legit game, what a f-ing joke. I wouldn't be showing my face around here if my team benefited from a ref like that. I am not a Lazio fan but I ended up watching this game and it stirred me up quite a bit, cya in Rome *******.

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hey Mr.
    The Italians are extremly mad about the referee...If anyone in the WORLD its the italians that should stop crying about theatrics and fooling the ref etc etc...must be tough to be on the receiving end for once :)

the Equalizer was a killer tho...But a win in their home will make this all that much more sweeter :)

Where is Uwe...he is going to hammer me out ...punishing me for Jinxing Die Fohlen :whistling::thumbsdown::geek::ROFLMAO:

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Italians of all PEOPLE should really SHUT THE GUTTER when it comes to theatrics..refs & PK's and how to manipulating a Football Game etc..you guys have invented the theatrics in football ITS YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER so to speak..just like how your presidents and ministers come into office..your guys are just the masters of Foul Play in all sectors of Society and football is also in that category & how to fool refs etc...so how does it feel to be on the receiving end??
    So if Lazio was awarded 3 PK would you still show your face here and cry about the Ref?? Probably not so go do your home work before trying to play devils advocate here!
    Who cares what you think or if you are a Lazio fan or not..your making a comment so MAN UP to it...We deffo can win in Rome and if you know anything about football you must know major odds have happened in football..and definitely winning against Lazio in Rome is not like going up against Barcelona or Bayern at AA!

Thank god for slow motion ...why dont you check the PKs later tonight or tomorrow..and if you have a shred of dignity tell me they where not correctly awarded!

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken this means you and i for a FACT need to grow up and mature...specially you..for example not buying mobile phones because they sponsor a certain german team :):ROFLMAO::thumbsup: :) ( i would certainly do the same BTW)
    Am so glad..personally speaking of course...that i "have not" and "Will Never" grow past that kind of mentality...and will stick to the same colours and one Club..Nonetheless its great to see our Greatest Legends photo used as an avatar by another clubs fan:)

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That being said, I've always been fond of Wolfgang Overath. And I modeled my game as a player (though I am now retired) after Gerd Mueller. Successfully, I might add.

9. Trilli Campanellino

Jun 1, 2008
    Sure continue to talk nonsense. Italian vs German, whether national or city teams, is like watching a chess master vs a super computer. One would say: of course the super computer will win, how could a human beat a computer at a game like chess! Afterall, isn't chess basically complicated math? But in the end the human manages to win,... just like italy does against germany. I contend Italy does this because it does not create robots to go on the field, but instead it molds players who can play beautiful football. Time and time again this is seen when the squads face each other. People do not even give the Italian side a chance to win. but in the end we do win simply have more technique and football skill.

You will not win in Rome, it is not possible. I don't believe in jinxes so I am not worried about writing this, and from what I saw today Borussia must be some beneficiary of a mixture of the extra UEFA coefficient Germany has plus love from the refs, because there is no quality in your side and your existence even in the menial europa competition is an embarassment to quality football worldwide.

10. Trilli Campanellino

Jun 1, 2008
    Secondly, you want to talk about Italian society? Please, want me to begin naming world-known Italians who have made incredible contributions to the world? I can name 20 off the top of my head. How many Germans can be named - no, how many Germans can be named that were not jewish..... ahhhhh interesting, very few.

There is a stark difference b/w Italian and German society, in Germany people work harder, have more money, but are less happy and have less sex. People in Germany look to emigrate to other countries to find happiness. In Italy people are relaxed and happy, we may not be as rich on average but somehow have a higher quality of life.

Germans are not proud of their country, in fact it is almost discouraged to be proud of Germany, this is destructive for young people.

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's all be friends here and stop with the nationalist stereotyping. :)

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how did the USA beat you at home?? Last year. Let's be real. On any given day, one team can beat another. And traditionally, Italy has not been known for "beautiful" soccer. Catenaccio is not pretty. Italy are always a tough, dangerous team. The same is true of Italian clubs. They deserve respect, but they are rarely beautiful. Gladbach, OTOH, *does* have a rep for playing beautiful soccer--and has for decades (and has plenty of titles and trophies to go with that reputation). Netzer is one of the prime examples. But last season, with Reus et al., the team was really fun to watch. One must recognize too that teams are chosen for the European competitions on last season's results. Gladbach lost their three top players, one each, to the three teams that finished above them in the BL standings last season. They are good, but not quite as good as the team that finished 4th in the Bundesliga last season. That being said, it is considered rude to come in to another team's page and insult them. Insult us all you like on your own page(s). But not here. Yes, Mr. Bruns has been insulting. But on *our* page. Not yours.

And anyway. Lazio isn't all *that* Italian. 21 of the 32 players on your roster are not from Italy, according to Wikipedia. Only 5 of the starters yesterday were Italian, and none of the subs. Your coach is Swiss. Heck, Klose's German. And I have no bias against Italy. My wife is 2nd generation Italian from the Campania region. Oh, and the ref was *Russian*. Russians have no love for Germany.

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well said my friend:)
    about me insulting...well he pushed the buttons..i rarely do that and i have been long enough here on this forum to back that up...they are running their mouth on both sides..and i had to say something when he comes here and starts running his Pie H*le...on top of it all..specially when most of the postings lacks logical evidence and is more like a school yard bashing btwn two neighbouring teams..i wonder about their age ..they must be the type that have 500 friends on facebook as well..we call these types Chumps..too bad anybody can sign on these forums..even people that have never walked on the green pitch let alone have NEVER played an offciated game of football and have no history of semi prof game playing..most are computer brave guys..the type that probably also follow other sports and are regular posters on other forums!
    It would be a very FREEZING COLD day in Helll...when italian teams and supporters are complaining CRYING about the beauty of the game or the referee..THE ENTIRE WORLD KNOWS..they play dirty in all aspects of the game and all aspects of their society and government ITS A PROVEN FACT ..a simple google search is all you need to do!
    We do play a much fluid and beautiful game..and there is no point in bringing it to their attention ..a team that is from italy ..but it sure might as well wear a combination of south american flags as underwear under their shorts and jerseys because as you said they are all south american or not from Italy !
    Anyway i had to point this out..i never Run my mouth or insulte anybody unless they forget how easy it is to hide behind your keyboard and post GARBAGE!

14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naz. That is over the top. Tone it down a bit. We're here to discuss our team not Italy. Remember, too, Mrs KG is Italian.

Borussia repped this.
  15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Will do :)

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1.Anyone else agrees we had a much more creative mid field and could press much better...with Hanke Xhaka and Marx arriving of the pitch?
    2.Also tony didnt seem as successful as he is in his regular position...or you guys think moving him to the midfield is actually a positive thing? I always thought he would comfortably also make a great defensive midfielder with creativity and ability to create offensive dimension to the line....but didnt seem like the case.Just wondering how did you grade the introduction of Xhaka Marx and hake and Tony's performance?
    Obviously favre wanted a more defensive look for our home game...but i would have maybe fielded a more offensive minded line on that pitch!
    Anyway it will be probably the biggest display of our squads "Never Die "attitude the boys of showed...probably similar to the the Kiev game which nobody thought we had a chance to win..in such atmosphere and such huge stadium ....so at least we have been in such position before and maybe just maybe the boys will want it bad enough to pull a stunner off in the " Spaghetti Factory Capital " of the world !

www.fotobahn.com

17. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ...the computers already beat the best humans in chess like a decade ago...and the analogy would fit better if it weren't german soccer that was currently undergo a renaisaince of beautiful and intricate play, while Italian football wasn't in a very cynic phase that relies much more on slowing the game down and strangling the skill full displays prevalent in the german game.

I would also worry about stating any absolutes with this team, Gladbach have been incredibly unpredictable this season, and pulling off the win in Rome after spotting Lazio 3 away goals at home is exactly the type of thing they'd do this year. Especially if they're not as sloppy, the players feel free from the pressure of the first european knockout game their home fans had seen in many many years, and they get a little fitter.

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with supporting one club, especially if you love it. I love the game in the same way, I just don't feel that way about one specific club so much more than others. I really love all of German football to be honest with you.

19. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Overath was brilliant indeed. Where and when did you play if I may ask?

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Also, let's keep the Germany vs. Italy discussion out of this thread. Thanks. :)

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dont bother my friend...he must be a PLAY STATION super star and he must be in his mid 20s at best & also a fan of those Neon football Boots !
    that " Computer" he speaks off..is the same Computer thats bailing out Europes broken economy for years..not to mention lending money to Greece which is the twin broken aRss BROTHER OF ITALY..Chess masters..please,maybe in the kitchen cooking dumplings with pasta!
    We have introduced so many young talented football players to the world in the past 20 years and beautiful fluid footbaling tactics...and are youth academies have a record that no other country can come close to produce!
    As you said they just slow down the game with any means possible B/C they know nothing else ..for the past 60 years thats what they have worked on..one step ahead 4 steps back!
    And their league is more like a wrestling match!
    I like the fact that they are taking us lightly and they think the 3 away goals will give them right of passage..its the opposite actually and its all in our favour and we know what Gladbach is capable of under such circumstances ;)

Anyway as Ken ordered will not get into this game anymore its done and over..till our post game in Rome:)

22. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not all 20-somethings are bad :'(

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank god for that:)
    Those are the ones out there that will hopefully set things straight!

24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not play much until I got into college--you had to be in a club to do that (a real club with fields and a clubhouse, etc.) where I grew up near Philly and my folks could not afford that (my home town club, Vereinigung Erzgeberge, in Warminster (Warminster was pretty heavily German at the time--at least two houses in my some 70 house neighborhood were German speaking at home and my best friends dad served in the Navy in WW II--on a U-boot), made it to the first round proper of the US Open Cup one year and won the O-30 Amateur championship another). You could play in JHS or HS, but you were so far behind the kids who played club soccer that there wasn't much point. While I started in a suburban league in Philly, most of my play was in rec leagues around Central Ohio (tho one or two seasons were officially USSF) and most of those co-rec leagues. Indoors and outdoors. If you know Central Ohio rec league soccer, I ran Wings SC for about 20 years. I hit 50 a few years ago (and 50 hit back) and I retired due to bad knees. Almost all the goals I scored came after I turned 25.

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Time to get into coaching my friend and share the experience! Am sure you must have given that idea a thought many times???
    :)

Before i got drafted into the Army at 20 i had 2 years of second division semi pro playing under my belt and i year of first division play all pro ( i was a sub tho and not always in the starting 11)

I miss my solid knees tho...specially now that i need crutches to recover from my surgery.Playing alot of football on gravel and hard surfaces before getting picked by a Club with proper facilities ...killed my knees and i used to laugh at knee arthritis or other knee joint problems :(