Europa League Thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Holy sh... just noticed that all 6,000 tickets sent from Rome to Mönchengladbach have been sold-out within minutes yesterday! :geek: ;)

http://www.borussia.de/de/aktuelles...]=7191&cHash=dbdc9876b7ffd6aa0838a8b33a66b57e

So what happens to the other 6,000 BMG fans who have already booked the hotel in Rome (like me?). Hopefully, Lazio will send another large contingent to Mönchengladbach soon ... if not, thousands of BMG fans are gonna travel to the Italian capital without tickets ... trying to purchase them directly at the stadium (what shouldn't be a big issue when knowing that the hosts won't manage to fill the Olympic stadium ... however, they might try to avoid a real away game in their own stadium ... nearby there's a danger that they only sell personalized tickets).

Hmm, anyway I'm taking the night train (saving the hotel costs for 1 night and the transport fee from the airport Fiumicino to the city) from Munich to Rome on Wednesday 20.02. (for cheap 118 € there and back) in order to enjoy the green-white-black "invasion" of Rome. If they don't let us into the stadium, we're going to start a fight with the very peaceful Lazio Ultras. :p

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thankfully they did ... so I finally managed to order my ticket (€22.50 for an upper tier seater of "Curva Sud"). :) Unfortunately, they only sent 1,500 additional tickets (means that around 8,000 have been sold to us so far) ... so I doubt that will be enough in order to meet the demand (I expect more than 10,000 Gladbach fans in Rome).

If they don't open the "Distinti Sud Ovest" section for our fans (apparently they want to use the "Distinti" area as 'free float') ...

http://www.sslazio.it/images/stories/MAPPA STADIO OLIMPICO 2012.pdf

... I expect many BMG fans to buy tickets for Tribuna Monte Mario & Tribuna Tevere (pretty expensive) through http://www.listicket.it or directly at the stadium.

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You/we won't get to see him. But well, I don't complain. ;)

After all, Peniel Mlapa got injured as well and will be out for both games.

Una bella giornata.

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if you go to their side of the forum....they have explained there is plenty of tickets available even up to the game day...i asked the same question and they said no worries for finding tickets :)

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nobody can replace Mr.Class....I am trying to keep my cool for this one...but it would be such an achievement to move up through this round for Gladbach :)

I was planning to actually maybe attend this one...but considering my legs slow recovery it's not happening...but am not sure if we would be in Europe next season so it's a bitter pill to swallow :(

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's why I just wondered that you might consider flying to Rome.

Btw: My ticket arrived today. :)

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/3y9orvgj/DSCF5705.JPG
    (and I always thought that Italian tickets are expensive ... especially for international games)

PS: I'm watching Lazio vs Napoli right now. Damn, this Floccari guy impresses me (scored the 1:0 and has quite a few good scenes). Huge chance for the hosts to score the decisive 2:0 just a few seconds ago.

Edit: 1:1 Napoli. Superb equalizer from Campagnaro 5 minutes before the end of the game.

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont wanna ruin it for you but....here is how its gonno GO DOWN my friend

your first heard it hear :)

BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH 3 - 0 SS LAZIO
    no there is nothing wrong with your eyes...the score will be 3-0 in the favour of the "DIE FOHLEN" !
    :) :) :):alien::alien::alien:;););):cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D:D

www.fotobahn.com

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dear Borussen mate, please stop jinxing us again (as you did ahead of the Stuttgart match)! :geek: ;) Where did you suddenly get your optimism back? :D I'd be very content with a 1:0 and content with a 0:0 when knowing about our away strength (draw in Marseille + wins in Kiev & Istanbul). I just hope that we won't experience a similar fiasco as happened against Kiev at Borussia-Park ... since our 8,000-10,000 away fans in Rome simply don't deserve this. We have to reach a home draw at least ... and after 2 home defeats (Kiev, Istanbul) + 2 home wins (Marseille, Limassol), there's a pretty high probability to see the first international draw at Borussia-Park on Thursday. Hopefully a 0:0 draw (even though it might be boring for the attendance)...

Fact is that we'll have to improve a lot (in all aspects) compared to the Leverkusen game ... so I'm curious which midfield (clearly our weak point) Lulu is going to start with. It will be vital to avoid giving Gonzalez, Hernanes, Floccari & Co. the same space we gave to the Bayer strikers!

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i havent technically jinxed any of our games...might have been a few off ones..but to just have a giggle.As for your logical approach which reminds me of Mr.Spock in star trek...that is a great tool and 2+2 almost always equals 4...but sometimes you gotto also believe in the FORCE..and the not so Obvious Stats and records at home vs away and certain teams or certain weaknesses we are dealing with currently...sometime its about the.."Unspoken" so to speak.....so enjoy this ride while it lasts "Mein Uwe" :thumbsup:
    news FLASH for you my dear Borussen friend "Hernanes" is not playing...so you can add that to Miro...i just have a feeling this may be a turning point in the history of
    German clubs vs Italo Disco ( and our national teams fiasco each time they play the pasta and ravioli)...BESIDES most critical games..such as both wins against hollywood i predicted the result on the money! ;)
    you dont mind a 3-0 in our favour do you now...so keep your hopes high.Hanke will also be great getting more playing time vs being a joker ;)
    We need a WIN here anyway in my opinion in order to have any hope in the eternal city!

I still stand firm VFL1900 B'MGLADBACH 3-0 SS LAZIO
    I even have a feeling which players might score but i will save some excitement for the game..kindda unfair to let it out of the hat all together ;)

:alien::D:alien::whistling::devilish::devilish::rolleyes:;);):):p:thumbsup::alien::thumbsup:

www.fotobahn.com

11. NotHelmut

NotHelmut Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Peoria
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-0 would be absolutely wonderful, especially the clean sheet. I would take 1-0 Gladbach. Unfortunately, I am in meetings during the game time. Hopefully, I will be checking the highlights of a vicotry later in the day.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :thumbsup::alien::)

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any Quality Live Streams for this one Guys??
    Appreciate the help:)

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There goes our clean sheet and once again our center field melts down....absolutely nobody was marking the Lazio striker..and of course the second one as i am typing...we seem without a game plan and they are having most of the possession...our midfield just can not offer a combination of different looks...we are just forcing the ball from the wings and hoping for some rare counter attacks...i know what Rome would look like ,even with a win its difficult to win in that stadium let alone travelling with a fat "l" in our record.Clearly their coach analyzed us thru the first 45 and meticulously dissected us in the 2nd half :(
    Very sad day:(

www.fotobahn.com

15. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Well, 3-3. Great game of football for the neutral.

Pathetic to concede a goal in the last minute against a team down to 10 men.
    The foul that gave Lazio that last free kick was completely unnecessary. Very sad.
    Nordtveit should have tracked Floccari for the 1st goal. He was ball watching.
    You need a miracle to qualify. Lazio have more quality in their ranks.

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Again ...we got let down,not sure how easy it is for us to give away games that we fight so hard for ...the first goal was absolutely avoidable and then within less than 6 min we receive the 2nd....and finally stoppage time:(
    Arango must feel like sHhhhit,and why didnt Arango take our second penalty?
    On the bright side i predicted we will score 3, but on the down side conceding 3 at home is good as a defeat...can't see us win against this side in Rome:(

17. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I thought 3 penalties was at least 2 too many.

Great game though.

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Crazy stuff. The match epitomizes German football though doesn't it?

19. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    All 3 were ********ing obvious. Especially the 2nd one. Wtf was Dias thinking ? That was pathetic really.

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    It epitomizes a young, inexperienced side.

21. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. Very true. I'll not be surprised if at least one team makes it through in the EL, even though all of the German teams have very poor starting positions for the next leg. That german fighting spirit.

22. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I never though all would go through but it's disappointing to see that all 4 might exit at the same time. I don't know what it is about missing penalties and conceding late with German teams now. Gladbach were very determined and showed great spirit I thought but they missed too many chances and conceded too easily. It's a disturbing recurring trend with every German team.

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe it epitomizes German football against Italian sides that are one of the best con artists on the pitch...it's not impossible for us to come away with a win in Rome..in all honesty that stadium is like one of the toughest places to play on earth..but I think this game is far from over..and because we lost MASSIVE GAMES back in the 70s in Rome...this time around this one will go down to the WIRE ..maybe this one will go down as a huge historic redeeming chapter for this club and Gladbach nation :)

24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. But just curious--as a Bayern fan, why is your avatar the greatest Gladbacher of them all? I like it, but am surprised.

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There was a time that german teams where ref to as AUTOMATIC & CRUISE CONTROL when it came to PKs..here we are missing those qualities that where the main structure and DNA of German sides..and of course German teams and their discipline to take away the result and wrap up games..specially when they are ahead..that's vanished as well...maybe there needs to be more German natives that have that mentality hammered in their heads?? But all joking aside..what has happened to that German quality of not missing Pk's and also not to conceive late goals when they are also ahead???
    Shame :(

www.fotobahn.com