Europa League Thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Sep 18, 2012.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for the torture...can't watch any of the highlights,any hope for Xhaka as maturing into the player we expected him to be??? Haven't seen any of our last games so have no idea..my Internet was down as well:(

www.fotobahn.com

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pl
    please save the clips...so i can watch them when I get out of here:)
    Danke

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd send out reserves vs Fenr. We don't need the points and they don't need the points. No point in hurting the team by playing guys who should be rested.

4. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Agreed. Something like
    Heimeroth
    Zimmermann, Brouwers, ?, Daems/Wendt
    Xhaka, Cigerci
    Ring, Hrgota
    Mlapa, Hanke/De Camargo

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree as well.I would not send Daems" tho,not a chance...our defence is sloppy without him why risk during a pointless game....even tho i personally would have loved to see our A squad blow their A squad away and into pieces!
    Good opportunity for Xhaka to perhaps show what he is truly capable of:)

So Mr.Lascho please give us a break down of probable opponents in the KO stage?
    :)

www.fotobahn.com

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Was wondering if the " Liverpool" fans would show up in our support if we get selected against a British side in the KO phase of the EL???
    That would be one for the history books eh??? After all "YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE" therefor....

www.fotobahn.com

7. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Ter Stegen, Jantschke, Stranzl, Nordtveit, Marx, Arango, Rupp, Herrmann and De Camargo stayed at home.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We can't get ManU or ManCity (their "beloved" neighbours).

Thankfully (for me), we can't get Celtic or Juve either. I have a feeling that we'll be facing Dynamo Kiev again for a "revenge duel"...:)

Nice to rest our key players for the tough & important last home game of the year against Mainz and give some other players the chance to show up (i.e. Tolga has a lot to make up for his disastrous performance against his fellow-countrymen at Borussia-Park).

http://www.borussia.de/english/seas...]=6600&cHash=2f5089c151e85c935dba4baef3bdc816

http://www.borussia.de/english/seas...]=6604&cHash=a227ba60a92e77286181e536c8d77a6b

Not just our team but also around 3,500 BMG fans will be enjoying the trip to Istanbul.

Gute N8

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just noticed that it's not possible, since we can only play against the 4 best "Gruppendritten" of the CL. Means that Chelsea, Cluj, Olympiakos or Benfica might be our opponent if we get drawn with a team from the CL.

Damn, we could have easily got Juve or Celtic...:geek: ;)

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Respect to our FINE COLTS...3-0 so far in our favour , no team no team on home turf specially the proud Turks will lay flat and get HAMMERED like this....a loss is always a loss and no team likes it ....even though its a meaningless game in someways but it's pretty meaningful in many other ways:)
    Ciergi
    Hanke
    And last but not least...Mr.De Jong
    Props to our Back four that kept a clean slate as well:)

www.fotobahn.com

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow, our 2nd string seems to be really good! :) Kudos to the guys for this unexpectedly strong performance. :thumbsup:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/fenerbahce-0-borussia-gladbach-3/

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000356/match=2010016/index.html

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...enerbahce-istanbul_borussia-mgladbach-15.html

http://www.borussia.de/de/aktuelles...]=6609&cHash=ea87df7f250c0df9b087ad155d1753f4

Nice to see Tolga scoring a beautiful goal against his fellow countrymen (making up for his awful performance at Borussia-Park against them) and Luuk de Jong having a great comeback after his injury with a goal (superb solo & assist from our "new Marko Marin" named Amin Younes).

Away win in Kiev, draw in Marseille and away win in Istanbul ... that's really not bad, is it? ;) :thumbsup:

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our possible opponents for the first KO round are:

Chelsea London
    Benfica Lissabon
    CFR Cluj
    Olympiakos Piräus
    Liverpool FC ;)
    Metalist Charkiv
    Steaua Bukarest
    Racing Genk
    Rubin Kasan
    Olympique Lyon
    Lazio Rom
    Dnepr Dnepropetrowsk
    Girondins Bordeaux
    Viktoria Pilsen (that would be a nice away match for me)

Btw: Is it possible to get a German team for the first KO round? Hmm, I don't think so. If I should be wrong, H96 would be in the pot as well.

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I would like to go up against chelski :)
    Would turn into an epic battle :)

www.fotobahn.com

14. NotHelmut

NotHelmut Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Peoria
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When will the draw be held for the knockout stage? I am sure the date is set.

15. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    The draw is on 12/20. No idea why it's so late. I won't be able to visit a game in the next round anyway; maybe in the round of 16...

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just a few hours until the draw is held. I could bet we'll be getting the toughest opponent again.

I'll take any team except for Dnepr, Kharkiv and Kasan (strong opponents, but not very attractive for our fans due to the huge distance & the Russian/Ukrainian winter). Liverpool would be a dream ... and Racing Genk surely the perfect opponent in all aspects (beatable and not far away from Mönchengladbach). Viktoria Pilsen would be a nice draw for me and all BMG fans from my region. If we get Cluj (Klausenburg) or Bucharest, we'll surely get supported by some friends from Timisoara (Temeswar).

Buona notte.

17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    You face Lazio Rom (Miroslav Kloses club). Tough, but attractive opponent.
    The winner will play against Stuttgart/Genk in the quarters.

18. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Great draw. Nice to see Miro at our stadium again; that guy is pure class. Tough, but attractive; I agree. Would be nice to play another round, and visit our neighbors Genk.

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Personally i wanted a British team,but who can not want klose at the park? His total class...as for the Italians,not sure they just know how to win and lazio is also in good shape.Its all in the hands of our energizer bunny lucien favre...and our concrete defence to keep things at check:)

It's deffo one of the more attractive games!

www.fotobahn.com

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just make sure no coke cans are allowed in the stadium....

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken
    How could you possibly read my mind...didn't wanna mention the name " Roberto Bonensegna" and jinx it already...do you by any slim chance think we will have the same faith???

Lord No,please another win...always feel good for Gladbach to clear that ugly memory:)

www.fotobahn.com

22. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.borussia.de/english/seas...]=6745&cHash=733c6b119b6006bdbe29473c09f21bf8

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleagu...atch=2010048/prematch/player-lists/index.html

As mentioned, it's a tough draw ... but well, we're used to this in the meanwhile and don't have to fear them (I know the Seria A pretty well). It could have come worse (Kharkiv, Dnepr, Kasan) ... and I'm sure that we'll be having 1.5 home games over both legs (with 5,000 + x BMG fans travelling to Rome ... and them probably counting on their rididiculous 15,000 supporters). Lazio is one of those Seria A clubs I can't stand (despite Klose) ... so eliminating them, would be quite a satisfaction to me. If we should go out, it's anything but a shame.

Btw: I know the Olympic stadium in Rome (been to a game of AS Roma with a Juve cappy on my head :D ).

[​IMG]

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting info regarding SS Lazio on their side of the forum which i suggest everybody to read:)
    Seems like they will be sending their 2 string against us for our EL clash...and there is even a chance for not seeing Miro in the starting 11 against us....it's been a trend practiced by their coach.They are 100% focused on the league vs EL!!!!

www.fotobahn.com

24. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I want my Miro. And the next round!

Dage repped this.
  25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like that picture most certainly:)

Am still very interested to see if they field their 2 team on the field against us in Germany....seems they have only used Miro against "HOTSPUR" and that's it...because they seemed strong enough of a side for Lazio....other than that they use a mixture of their second team with a few of their regulars!
    Who knows maybe they are that solid and confident..that they are almost 100% sure they can put us away in Germany ???
    On another note...seems like their coach was in close contact with Xhaka and they tried very hard to sign him,as well as Dominguez ....so weird the draw left them against us...a team that their coach was hunting for two of our new signings!!!!

Their regular 11 or not...I hope we can put together a collective PRIMO performance and not leave things for the reverse fixture in The Eternal City:)
    Would be great to see Klose play at Borussia Park though....specially in a EL fixture,who knows maybe their coach would see us dangerous enough???
    Meeting Genk or VFB in the next round..makes this game that much more interesting and important to WIN! Both units are the weakest that may be left in the next round vs the rest and absolutely within GLADBACH's reach to put away :)

www.fotobahn.com