Europa League Round of 32: Napoli (Home) vs. Viktoria Plzen (Away) @ Stadio San Paolo

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by JCNapoli17, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we didnt even put of a 2nd string line up thats the disgusting part...

2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    no Plzen studied us well, and Mazzarri became cocky clearly thinking they'd back down

Plzen 100% deserve this win, Mazzarri should be completely embarrassed

elvesuvio repped this.
  3. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Someone tell Rolando it's the light blue shirts he needs to pass to

4. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    make sures it in portuguese...

honestly I don't see how people can say that Cannavaro isn't vital to the anchoring of the backline...

Fernandez failed to do and tonight Rolando failed

5. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    There was no passion in the play though?

Sure its the starters but if they don't play like they give a shit whats the point?

6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    to make it worse this team hasnt played a cmpetitive game since match day 6 i.e last fcuking year!

you cannot lose 3-0 at home to this team unless A. you wanted to, B. you're a dumb fcuk. C. both A and B!

7. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Napoli wanted to bounce out of this tournament clearly... while I think the UEFA coefficient system is very weird, still gotta abide by it

8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Even if one doesn't care about the competition, at least show up for your fans, especially at home.

Simply inexcusable

el napulitan repped this.
  9. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I agree, they should give back their money after that performance

I think Mazzarri is already thinking about Inter, sack him and bring in Di Matteo

10. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli

I think they should have taken off their jerseys and dropped them outside of where they enter the pitch, to show that they are sorry for that lame excuse for a performance

11. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So I haven't been following Napoli that closely this season.

What's the goal here? You could say they're making a push for the Serie A belt but does anyone here realistically think they have a chance?

What are the transfer targets going forward? Is a Cavani sale inevitable in order to finance other areas of the team?

What are you guys realistically hoping for?

12. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli are pretenders !!!:eek:

Won't be long before Juve pulls away from them too :laugh:

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    CL football. That it right there we arent going to win the league and now we wont be in the running for the EL...........Im ********ing pissed the ******** off right now. All this support we have for this team and this is what we get ? ******** that.

14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Trolling will not be tolerated in this forum.

15. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Well right now we're 5 points out of first place, realistically? Not after performances like that I don't feel confident of contending for scudetto, but EL campaign aside which has been incredibly shameful to Italy. Napoli has been good in Serie A.

Cavani has expressed a desire to stay and Real Madrid probably won't be able to go after more loans with the financial crisis in Spain and alienating the spanish people more with these high transfer bids while people in Madrid eating out of trash cans to survive and 25% unemployment looms in Spain.

Financials aren't a problem for Napoli, DeLa with all of his faults, has been able to be fiscally conservative when need be.

realistically I'd be content with Champions League placing, it was fun to watch last year and we did relatively well last season in that competition.

16. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why do people always confuse trolling with fact ?

17. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    theres a rivalry thread for a reason, you've been here longer than I have but in case you forget how to get there I'll show you

click on the Italy button at the top of BigSoccer page scroll down to the general threads, you'll see "Rivalry thread part III"

thanks if you have any problems lemme know

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The fact is ive said it from the start that juve was going to win the league this season...was hoping id be proven wrong but it looks like my prediction still stands

at the begining of the season i predected this

-juve winning the tittle with Napoli only a few points behind
    -juve running away with the tittle with Napoli in a distant 2nd or even 3rd
    - Napoli pulling off some magic and winning the league.

forza_azzurri repped this.
  19. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    yeah I've felt that even with banter on here thinking Napoli could win league, that Serie A was for Juventus's to lose. Napoli would finish 2nd I felt, and 3rd is up for grabs at this point, I wanted Fiorentina to get it, but I think AC Milan get it.

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's why this performance is so confusing - Napoli were brilliant last season and put on a great show against Chelsea all things considered.

Cavani is a big time premiere striker and if all goes well next season, Napoli could concievably ride him with a committed midfield and defence that could potentially get Napoli back in the knockout rounds and possibly the Semi's as well.

However seeing as how Cavani's value is at an all time high, wouldn't it be better in the long rum if Napoli cash in big on Cavani now and buy young projects around Insigne?

Napoli have some really interesting assets and I'm curious see how it all plays out.

21. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    the fans do not deserve this, As unimportant this tooney now has become the fans would have still loved to be able to have attended a european final with their team in it, something which seams only a dream if we are in the CL instead of the EL

22. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah I agree, champions league run was great and I think Mazzarri knows how to rally the men when he needs to, but it seems he can't do it for Europa League, and I think he deliberately wanted to bounce out of the tournament. Plzen simply wanted it more and Napoli put out the worst performance I've seen in years from this side.

I think we have the players for it, Mazzarri has the wrong tactics to do that in my opinion. Inler is a very good dynamic midfielder and can do the defensive duties Mazzarri wants, his long shot threat is something Mazzarri doesn't use nearly enough, this season he does but last season he was non-existent with it.

I think if Cavani's release clause is met he leaves, hes expressed a desire to stay, but south americans dream of playing for Real Madrid and I would have no problem losing Cavani to a storied club like Real Madrid or Barcelona. He's done nothing but work hard for Napoli and the day he leaves will be a sad day.

Mazzarri also starts Pandev over Insigne so if we're trying to build a new young team. Mazzarri will be gone, he is the utmost worst man manager, hes treated most promising young players like complete trash. Even when they constantly get international caps (Vargas and Fernandez come to mind this season) despite Mazzarri never giving them a 2nd look

23. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    if you dont show heart you dont win, simple as that, but if you dont show heart and you have players like dzemaili and donadel in midfield then what happens is what we just saw, inler, behrami, these should be the weakest links of our mids, not the 2 that played tonight, i say sign verratti and give him his 2 mill he wants

24. Sonndoobs

Sonndoobs New Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    wow, he said that?? why is he still here then??

25. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...rri-has-admitted-he-may-quit-his-post?cc=5901

Mazzarri may be a decent tactician, its hard to deny that looking at the records despite this loss, but hes the utmost WORST man manager, Fernandez and Vargas did not leave because they hated Napoli, they left because they wanted to feel valued by the manager. He did this shit to Cigarini. He constantly does this shit to the young promising talents of the team.

I stand by what I said in that if we bought Lavezzi and Hamsik under Mazzarri they'd be in loan oblivion like a lot of players we sign tend to be