Euro 2016 qualifying draw

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by OldLady, Feb 23, 2014.

1. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    • Group A: Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Iceland, Latvia, Turkey, Czech Republic
    • Group B: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Andorra, Cyprus, Wales, Israel, Belgium
    • Group C: Spain, Luxembourg, FYR Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia, Ukraine
    • Group D: Germany, Gibraltar, Georgia, Scotland, Poland, Republic of Ireland
    • Group E: England, San Marino, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovenia, Switzerland
    • Group F: Greece, Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland, Finland, Romania, Hungary
    • Group G: Russia, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Austria, Sweden
    • Group H: Italy, Malta, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Norway, Croatia
    • Group I: Portugal, Albania, Armenia, Serbia, Denmark

The qualifying matches will start in September 2014.[1] With the expansion to 24 teams, middle-ranked countries have a much greater chance of qualifying for the finals than previously.

A total of 53 teams will chase 23 finals places to join hosts France. The seeding pots would be formed on the basis of the UEFA national team coefficients, with the Euro 2012 champions Spain and hosts France automatically top seeded. The 53 teams will be drawn into eight groups of six teams and 1 group of 5 teams. The group winners, runners-up, and the best third-placed team (with the results against the sixth-placed team discarded) directly qualify to the finals. The eight remaining third-placed teams will contest two-legged play-offs to determine the last four qualifiers for the finals.

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    France is in Group I with Portugal. Those matches will not count in the standings but give the French games during the qualifiers.

3. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Groups look pretty well balanced. Croatia could be tough.

4. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We didn't get a group as easy as England, but with 8 more teams making the finals in 2016, Italy should qualify for the rest of our lifetimes. Top two automatically get in, and the third place squad goes to a playoff (though the best third place team also gets in directly). Every big soccer nation would have to stumble monumentally to miss out. The new system does help second tier teams like Serbia, Ireland, and Denmark consistently compete for a spot.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1st game is sept. 9 ?

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Next game:
    9 September 2014
    20:45(20:45 UTC+2)Norway v Italy -Ullevaal Stadion, Oslo

8. Calabrese5

Calabrese5 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    will these set of qualifiers be the time we finally beat croatia???

i sure hope so..i have a few croatian friends and they cant stop talking about how weve never beaten them!

although both times weve been in the group stage with them in a major tournament it was us advancing and not them (2002, 2012)

9. GBTQ

GBTQ Member

Jul 13, 2014
    #9 GBTQ, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Hello Italia! New Chinese fan here from the U.S
    These groups draw are official? I agree, Croatia gonna be a tough one to crack.
    Those Germans got the easiest group draw.

Go go Italy! The Euro Cups 2012 was amazing. Got to love Balotelli 2 goals against the German in the Semi-final.
    Then I was surprised how Italy perform in the final match with Spain.
    As Germany NEVER able to defeat Italy in any major tournament matches including Euro and World Cup. Let's see if those aggrorant Germany can find the key to unlock the omen "Italy is their kryptonite" in this Euro Cup 2016, or else it going to be so embarrass to be name as the current World Cup champion yet don't do well in Euro Cup.

Is Balotelli still playing for the national Italy team? The coach need to work on this boy attitude, even though he is a great fotballer, but I find it hard to love him as a person.

GOOD LUCK to you Italy, God bless you and your country.

falvo and krado33 repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Benventuo! You like Inter?
    [​IMG]