EURO 2013: Reindeer everywhere!

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Smulan, Oct 27, 2012.

1. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Gamla Ullevi stands are a sea of yellow already, well before kickoff. Pregame TV coverage included highlights of every Swedish disaster against Germany caught on film. (Just from the women's football perspective, I hasten to add...)

2. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    SvFF är förkortning för 'Sverige fy fan'.

Smulan repped this.
  3. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Well, whaddya know? Same procedure as every time we meet Sweden!

4. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    So how do you pronounce all this?

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  5. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    You. YOU! show up after all this time, just to torment me. Japp... samma rutin som förra året, Miss Kicki, samma rutin som alltid...

I'm feeling a bit like the butler at the moment, having finished off all the invisble guests' drinks.

Tell me, would you have had the guts and honor to stick your Teutonic snout in here if the results had been different, which they oh so easily could have been?
    [don't be alarmed, folks, we're ancient well-known frenemies]

6. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    SvFF = the initials for the Swedish football association
    är förkortning för = is short for
    Sverige fy fan = Sweden FFS

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  7. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    So can we recruit your support to get behind the Germans in the final. Or is it too soon for that? :p
    I'm just messing with you, schatz. Don't get mad.

8. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    OMG! You did just threaten to sodomize me, didn't you? The samma rutin part sounds particularly heinous!

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    "Threaten"? I think you're forgetting you're well known around these parts.

10. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Oh yeah. You can absolutely count on me to "get behind the Germans". As in, I'm the guy with the Device:

(And this is why some of us confine our comments to Rivalry much of the time...)

But seriously, kickinthehead...
    ... since you lead with 'same procedure as every time', I assumed you were referring to 'Dinner for One', oddly beloved by Germans and Swedish alike. Say 'samma rutin som förra året' and everyone instantly knows what you're talking about. But I guess that, once again, I gave you too much benefit of the doubt, assuming you to have some basic level of Taste and Sophistication... my bad, I had forgotten you are a Prinz worshipper!

For Murricans, who aren't necessarily familiar:

There is something seriously wrong with putting those two clips in the same post. Oh well. I'm in mourning, and not acting rationally.

11. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ahhhh! Marta on Late Night EM! Calls England the biggest disappointment of the tournament, but thinks Spain did nicely, good passing and technique. Of course she wanted Sweden to go to the final, but they didn't finish their chances last night. Also too many give-aways, and they seemed rushed. (I agree with her on those.)

How has football developed [women's football in Sweden, I assume they meant], she's asked. It's faster, stronger, more technical, she answers.

What about Sundhage? She's always so positive, answers Marta, and will prepare them well for 'next time'. But next time is the VM, which, of course, Brazil will win. (Hey, her words, not mine!)

12. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Dang, Marta speaking the truth and in Swedish. :cool: Preach, sister!

13. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    It IS awfully nice of you to post some of the lesser known works of Bergman!

Kisses!

14. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    And now they're interviewing Hjelmseth, asking questions in Swedish, she's answering in Norwegian and getting subtitled, which is good because I can't understand a word of her. Norwegian really is the hardest Swedish dialect to learn. (i'm now ducking under the table before the linguists start throwing soft Ikea footballs at me...)

15. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    You going to hang around long enough to see your girls get slapped around like slabs of lutefisk on Sunday?

Meanwhile, the sports journalist on Late Night EM has beat Kung Peppe in the game prediction contest, by a score of 11 to 9, so she can no longer lose to a moose. She looked quite relieved, really.

16. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Yes, I might just curl up on the couch with some gin and munch on some of this:

[​IMG]
    Oh, wait: there is NO SUCH THING as Swedish Artisan food, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

17. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I break expensive designer lamps with IKEA footballs. Backtracking from that, you can perhaps understand why they chose to put me in goal during my formative years.

18. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006

I thought we all agreed that you hadn't come out of your "formative years" as of yet. Keep working on it, Smules, we are all rooting for you, kid!

19. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I wouldn't really mind as long as it wasn't my own expensive lamps I was breaking. Damn you, IKEA Sparka!

Ha.... now that I think about it, this could explain why I have such an unexpected reaction toward Hammarström.

20. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OMG are you watching this final between Germany and Norway...WOW, best game since German Men's made Diego Maradona cry in 2010!!!!:thumbsup: Wicked ladies I can't wait to see you in CANADA!!!! WOOT WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

Angerer! Angerer! ANGERER!! :D

21. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Couldn't find a solid live stream for the game, the one I located had a perma "sexy chat" lady in the middle of the screen, so I kind of only saw 30% of the action on the right and left on the screen around some heavy cleavage. Lost that after the first 45 minutes.

Waddya know? Champs again!!?!!?!! *diabolical laughter*

22. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Firstrow sports has pretty decent links. Popups are bothersome but the links rarely time out on me. Got a German feed(ARD) on the first try.

Next time, just get a VPN and watch via a European TV stream. I think the BBC aired this match.

23. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Canada's main sports network caried the Brit feed in glorious HD! The English color analyst sounded like female John Motsen, "Wottagoawell!" :D

24. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Sigh.

At least the halftime show was fun.

25. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club: