EURO 2013: Reindeer everywhere!

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Smulan, Oct 27, 2012.

1. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    She has 2 minutes to get there... the radio reporters are standing by... one does admire the passive voice and the impersonal pronoun...

2. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Well, she's on stage - and even managed a change of clothing. How does a super hero do that these days, now there are no phone boxes?

jocasta repped this.
  3. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Even if I run...I'm gonna miss her! Maybe there is more than one SJ? That's how there was more than one cat at WWC 2011 innit? That's how she did it. Even when she was in the same room as a furry.

4. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    With Jones clones, you'll never walk alone.

5. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    So, ladies in the FanZone, got your faces painted yet? Anything else of interest to report, other than SJ's apparent levitation? Has no one even commented on Panico's dreadlocks??

6. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Sorry, the close-up showed them to be cornrows, not dreds.

7. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I still really like Denmark's federation's logo, with its cool art nouveau font...

8. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    jocasta, did you jinx Mr Eurosport Germany? He kept referring to "Hammarby" for a certain Swedish midfielder. o_O Also, he spotted the Swedish crown prince in the audience. Really??

Then, of course, what a difference between the first two matches (although I missed the first half of the four). When the second match started, I suddenly wondered whether I had hit a fast forward button on my TV by mistake.

Two questions for our resident Azzurro blissett though:
    - Is it PAnico or paNIco? Mr Eurosport Germany didn't seem to know either, he kept alternating between the two.
    - And why are the Italians azzurre in the first place, if your flag doesn't have a speck of blue in it?

9. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Oh dear, really? Hahaha! And yes, Prince Daniel-with-the-glasses was there... but is he the 'crown' prince, just by marrying the crown princess? I really don't know.

10. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Song for team France...I am sorry:oops:

11. Mosan

Mosan Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Munich
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Foul! Not fair !!11!1 France is using audiovisual terror.

12. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Don't be sorry. Much more danceable, and in French. Therefore it beats Sweden. Any other contenders out there?

Euro2013Vision rankings so far:
    1. France
    2. Sweden

13. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I liked the part where I heard her say, right at the beginning, that they are building new urinals for the competition. I think she probably actually said 'new arenas'. (See why I have foreign language trouble?) And thanks for throwing me the Nilla-nator bone, but...
    ... I think Nilla "Drago" Fischer sounds good and fierce. And of course the accent would be a bit more accurate for Nilla-Drago than for Nilla-nator...

Mosan and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  14. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Elderly ladies have already been singing in the the hotel corridor outside my room. Will there be violence tonight between the Deutsch and the Dutch? Will they hurl their specs & sporty sandals at each other? Fair play to the folk in orange who were already sinking the fizzy stuff in the Fan Zone a few hours ago...

jocasta repped this.
  15. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    The Gothenburg one was deserted. Even the "sports' celebrity" who was supposed be making an appearance didn't bother.

Just as well I'm on my way home now; Dutch fans drinking in the afternoon usually means lots of public nudity by the evening.

16. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Well, Gothenburg, too bad, but what else is going on in Växjö on a Thursday?

17. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    There is far too much code-switching going on in this song. It frazzles my brain so that it hears things like "F1 in Stockolm! F1 in Stockholm!"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Maybe that's secret brainwashing code for "F(rance) (number) 1 in Stockholm"?!

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Thora Helgadottir was injured going into the EUROs, but it was said to be a minor problem... yet Gunnarsdottir tended Iceland's goal today. Did anybody pick up any info on that from various broadcasts or reports?

19. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am not Blissett, but I can answer you... ;)
    -The correct pronounce is Panìco, pànico in Italian means panic!:p
    -The azzurro (light blue) color was the traditional color of the monarchy in Italy. When the NT (male, obviously) was created around 1910 they decided to wear azzurro in honor of the Savoia royal family, although even then the flag hadn't that colour in it, and they didn't change it when Italy became republic, in 1946 (or, better saying, only the crest changed..)

Micol, debzy, Smulan and 2 others repped this.
  20. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    No, it was a surprise to me as well. If tv4 said something about it I missed it.
    Thanks for the info! The Swedish radio announcers were wondering how to handle Panico... apparently their instinctive 'Paaanico' was also quite wrong.

gricio61 repped this.
  21. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Hingst and Smith appeared before/half-time/after the match for the "kill-some-time" commentary. Smith had 80s revival hair, Hingst had acquired a tint of Australian to her Swedish-German English. The two of them were like hyperactive, personable Thunderbirds. Smith I would have to bump into far from madding scissors; Hingst, I'm convinced, has a ghastly portrait in the attic.

A few Brownie points to the BBC: they actually had a post-match analysis of snippets of the match, showing highlighted plays in slow motion and looking at incidents like penalty situations from different angles. ZDF had Silke waxing lyrical, but not much else. Swedish TV4's broadcast was too painful.

22. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012

And Neid was all smiley.....because she knows,if Germany fails,she has the perfect excuse and will still be collecting her pay check.

23. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Gromit06, hope you don't mind the post-jacking, but this definitely counts as Reindeer Games:

24. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pokes head in and looks around

It has been a while but I still remember which team wears which color. I think.

25. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Through bribes and witchcraft and various other skullduggery, I was allowed to meet a masked and hooded figure at the middle of a bridge at midnight last night; the stranger suggested listening to BBC 5 for the England match...

Welcome back! We are having much fun with the Euros. err, so far, anyway, check back with me about that tomorrow night after the next round of Group A