EURO 2013: Reindeer everywhere!

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Smulan, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    England squad for Euros is announced at 2pm (UK time) from the British Museum. There's apparently going to be a 'British' themed buffet. Suggestions anyone? And Smulie, gorrany issues with this? Hmmm?

How many of the walking dead will be included?

2. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Answer? All of them...well almost.

So, here it is. England #Euro2013 squad: Karen Bardsley, Rachel Brown-Finnis, Siobhan Chamberlain, Laura Bassett, Gemma Bonner, Sophie Bradley, Lucy Bronze, Steph Houghton, Alex Scott, Casey Stoney, Dunia Susi, Anita Asante, Karen Carney, Jess Clarke, Jade Moore, Jordan Nobbs, Jill Scott, Fara Williams, Rachel Yankey, Eniola Aluko, Toni Duggan, Kelly Smith, Ellen White.

3. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    BUT WHAT DID THEY EAT? Priorities, Jenson! :rolleyes:

Custard. They must have had custard.

4. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    I didn't go! I'm waiting for the important shit too. What theme did they use for the lighting?
    I know the girls were in trouser suits. There, my insight ends. I'm a failure. But I will feed you this info in the end. I will be at least a smidgen -worthy of your intrigue...

5. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ah, you've let us down, Jenson. I'm shocked to the core. What could be more important than a custard buffet surrounded by nicked stuff from the various corners of the (ex) Empire?

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Agree for 17 of those not for Bardsley, Brown, Bradley, Stoney, Aluko, Moore...

7. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    [​IMG]The lighting theme was red and the buffet was gone...

8. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    That is a weird, weird shot. And those aren't trousers, they're floor-length cullottes.

9. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  10. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
  11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    True - her head is a bit less square, and if her face took on that colour, she should probably be worried.

12. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Sweden squad, announced, already Upstairs, but let's take a closer look at something:
    Meanwhile, a short jaunt across the North Sea,
    What a nice touch, to announce the squad from the British Museum, the Ultimate Resting Place of Ancient Antiquities.

Are we sensing a trend here?

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Euro 2013 : welcome to Dinosaurland, we have our own candidate with Sandrine Soubeyrand at 40 :laugh:

14. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    This thread was founded (or so it seems in retrospect) in Hope and Optimism, a Nostalgia for the inherent Joys of Youth:
    I have recently heard it suggested that a better title for the Euro 2013 thread would be this:
    Bring Out Your Dead!

Or, as Tove there in the video might put it, ”It’s like releasing reindeer everywhere. Mangy, arthritic, knackered reindeer.”

15. Flea2009

Flea2009 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Kirkcaldy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I see that Ariane Hingst is going to be one of BBC pundits along with White and Smith for the Euros.

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Was this in connection with "mangy, arthritic, knackered"?

17. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    This isn't the P'wof though, is it?

18. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    The prize money dangling in front of each German player:
    - Quarter finals EUR 5,000
    - Semifinals EUR 10,000
    - Final EUR 15,000
    - Championship EUR 22,500

19. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    For you Jocasta. The Nilla-nator speaks...

jocasta and debzy repped this.
  20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What A haircut Nilla !!! LOL....doesn't she remind you Dolph "Ivan Drago"Lundgren.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

jocasta, Jenson and Smulan repped this.
  21. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  22. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    You're right! I was thinking Brigitte Neilsen but I was clearly wrong.

23. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Since we've got our very own Euros thread, let me move hotjam2's questions here:

Germany = caution to the wind? We don't do that. :cool: (That said, Neid knows that her defense has its weak points and she may have to make up for it up front...)

Netherlands = all out attacking formation? I don't think they even know what that is. :cool:

She doesn't really have a more experienced one. *shrug* The only exception is Wensing --> Krahn, if the latter is fit.

24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    One of the speakers of honour at the opening of the Gothenburg fan zone may not make it to her 17.15 scheduled speech. The humble ambassador was recently spotted trying to board the wrong plane in Stockholm. Oopsie.

Jenson repped this.