Pre-match: (EURO 2012 - Semi Final) Germany vs. Italy 06.28.2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Lahmfan, Jun 24, 2012.

1. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't know about this whole leadership thing. Barcelona don't exactly have a group of leaders, its more or less the character and the influence of the coach. I think generally speaking, any complacency like what podolski showed this season should be downright ignored.

Speaking on this issue, I think Mueller and Reus should be the future of this germany flank, like no more procrastinating or waiting for podolski - I've grown tired of that mofo.

Obsidian and Dhajj repped this.
  2. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please god yes ^^^

Then we can have gotze and schurrle ready to be subbed in for either, or alternate for matches..

My biggest concerning after dropping poldi is what we do about Gomez??? He doesn't fit into the german system and doesn't link up very well with Ozil and co.. But he has brilliant strike rate..

Does loew bench him and use one of the young talent or does he change the system to fit Gomez..

I don't think it would be wide to choose the latter..

3. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At Barcelona Puyol is a born leader, Xavi is the quiet strong one also they have strong and matured Abidal, Pique,Messi and Iniesta and silent but matured too.

I have seen ppl advocate Reus as top 9, But the question is would he play the role for his club or do we just expect him to adapt within the 3-4 days training camp with the NT.

Spain was able to do it because most of the Barca midfielders(Which made the bulk) played in formation without a recognised striker. But with Germany, Ozil and Khedira plays in a striker formation Benzema/Higuain, The BvB players play with Lewandoski and the Bayern with Gomez

4. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Gomez should be held for an alternative plan like Spain had in 2010.

I don't think it's fairly reasonable to discard him completely but to fit him into a system he doesn't belong to and consequently disrupting that system is wrong and I hope the lesson was learned this summer.

odd1234 and Dhajj repped this.
  5. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Oezil seems very intelligent in his last interview ( just after the euro 2012).

http://crinkly-ears.livejournal.com/65026.html

What do you think of him ?

6. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Özil is one of the least rhetorically gifted players in the entire team. Bottom 3 probably. Whenever he talks it's 100% phrases of the most simplistic kind.

I read that interview as well (in German though) and it is clearly 'doctored', fixed and optimized both in content and - especially - style. This applies to many printed interviews, let alone translated ones. They usually aren't an exact transcript of what the interviewee actually stated, but they simply take the gist of what was said and then the author rephrases and enhances it to suit the professional media standard.

I've seen quite a few interviews with Özil where he had to talk freely and spontaneously. Probably dozens. In neither did he come close to forming any coherent or semi-complex sentences. All he usually says is stuff like:

"We won. I'm very happy. I think we can win the tournament. We played well. Our coach is very good. We are the best team in the world."

I don't believe he prefers coming across as a fool and therefore deliberately holds back his secret eloquence whenever there's a microphone in front of him.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. StrangerThan

StrangerThan Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I remember one of Mesut's teachers in school told journalists that the boy seemed kinda "autistic". He only wanted to play football all day long. I think he's VERY shy when interviewed as well. Maybe because he wasn't good academic wise.

I'm pretty sure though he's a genius (but of a different kind). Him and Khedira both became more interested into game strategy with Mou. Both made some strategic notes to journalists during Euro. Sami is much more eloquent, maybe even most eloquent guy in the team. With Mesut you can be sure he sees much more on the pitch than anyone else, thinking two-three steps forward everytime. His second favorite game is chess after all.

bayern15 repped this.
  9. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I know it was posted before but I had to post it again in case the reader didnt know about the interview I was talking about ( which would be unlikely but still).