Pre-match: (EURO 2012 - Semi Final) Germany vs. Italy 06.28.2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Lahmfan, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Great article - thanks. I agree with most of what he is saying...!

2. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    why this thread is still open....

sigh

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Because everyone loves complaining and criticizing

4. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think you've just outlined Italys best players. I kind of think this squad is nowhere near as good as 2006 to be frank. Lets see if Italy can find someone brilliant enough to overtake pirlo.

5. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    True, I can't believe he left our Klose and Reus. HUge mistake, just huge.

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stielike said it best, they just weren't used to trailing. They rarely went behind in qualifying and at any time during the tournament until Balotelli's first. That's a mentality issue, they struggle to respond to unfamiliar scenarios and circumstances. When they're not in their comfort zone they are fazed, thats why they are always vulnerable on the break, thats why they struggle when they're chasing a game, thats why they struggle with different and sudden tactical changes. It's a symptom of immaturity and mental fragility.

Obsidian repped this.
  7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I remember reading an interview with Löw a day or two before the game and he said no one will know until the team meeting which is around 3 hours before the game so the changes would have been on very short notice but I imagine they went through them in training as well. Either way, I don't think the changes alone are what caused us the loss.

8. BOSNAINTER

BOSNAINTER Member

krajina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Feb 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    they already have in veratti and poli as well and few others but they just need to be given time

9. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Germany was lucky. It could've been 4-1 in Italy's favor.

10. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well If you are all beeing hypothetical about this, then Germany could have scored twice in the first 15 minutes. They simply didn´t and Italy also didn´t score 4 goals. End of story.

11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Another one joins in with idiocy.....

It could've been 2-0 before Italy scored their goals too...

Why do people seem to make it as if Germany just sat back for 90mins scared little puppies and big bad Italy was just outclassing them the whole game...

We were going at them before they scored on us, then they got 2 quick counter goals. We kept going at them..

2nd half we were relentlessly attacking them and Italy was sitting back fighting for dear life, but they managed to make several great counter attacks that could've cost us even worse. We had everyone forward too...

Were people watching the same game or is it just a hate thing going on,.,

Dage repped this.
  12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...I am guessing that when you tuned in to the watch the match, Italy were already ahead 2-0, right?

If Italy could have scored 4...then Germany could have scored 2 before Balotelli's header. It didn't happen...2-1 final result for Italy.

Gongrats...now GTFO!

odd1234, Kais3r, Obsidian and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think a lot of people just hate the german team because of all the praise they have been getting since 2010.
    Some people can't cope with that and just hate for the sake of hating...

They don't know our slump we went through since 1998-2010, before we started seeing a new golden age for Germany..

2002 we went to the final with one of the worst teams overall and easiest routes to the final..
    2008 euro we had a mix of new generation and old guards.

Kais3r repped this.
  14. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I was actually supporting Germany as they were favourites to win the Euro. I was really shocked when I saw Low's line-up with Muller and Reus missing. I could not believe Podolski started again even though (IMO) he played like shit in all of Germany's matches. Italy played a great match though.

15. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, everything you wrote is probably true and was discussed here for a while. But it seems like some trending is going all over this forum, that Italy outshined the German team over 90 minutes by far, Germany had no chance to score whatsoever and were dominated by Italy over the whole game and more then lucky to gome home with that score and not a 5 or 6 nill as I read in another forum. Simply not true at all and I wonder what game those people watched.

16. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed.

I agree as well with your earlier point. Italy could have had at least four goals.

17. Bluecrux

Bluecrux Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Told you. Now who was arrogant?

Minttunator repped this.
  18. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think Germany would have done a far better job than Italy against Spain. I am still in shock as to how Loew made such a tactical error. The first thing I posted here was that Reus should have started.

Dhajj repped this.
  19. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Well, I prefer having lost 1:2 to Italy than getting reamed to the tune of 0:4 by Spain.

Obsidian, SLC25 and odd1234 repped this.
  20. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not at all. Neuer is as old school a DFB product as any of the stars of the 70s, 80s and 90s. Pure grit.

Ditto Khedira, Oezil and Lahm.

21. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I disagree for Ozil and Lahm. I would regard Muller ahead of them

22. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Have to agree. I see that old school mentality in Khedira, Neuer, Hummels, and Mueller. I'm not impressed with Oezil. Personally I think he is a mercenary.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't. I think the kid is humble and an all around good kid. I loved this interview.

http://crinkly-ears.livejournal.com/65026.html

24. Dr Faust

Dr Faust Member+

Jul 12, 2010
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to Sammer, kids that were bred and indoctrinated by the DFB are divided into 3 categories at a young age: leaders, team players and creative individualists.

Currently, I see Neuer, Hummels, Höwedes, Khedira, Müller and maybe some others (not Schweinsteiger) fitting the leader group. Özil would be part of the individualists, though that mostly applies in actual footballing terms. He's definitely not a leader type though.

Coon and bayern15 repped this.
  25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree...Oezil not being a leader-type player may be misinterpreted as him, "not giving a damn".