PBP: EURO 2012 Qualifier: Belarus v. Romania [Sept. 7th, 2010]

Discussion in 'Romania' started by MutuILFenomeno, Sep 3, 2010.

1. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    [​IMG]V.[​IMG]

Kick-off - 13:30
    Venue - Stadyen Dynama, Minsk (Minsk) [Capacity - 41,024]​

It's crucial that we win this game and as many as we can before we play France and Bosnia. Bosnia looked exceptionally sharp today beating Luxembourg 3-0 and all three goals came in the first 30 minutes. They're a definite threat and Belarus, Albania and Luxembourg is where we should pick up all points and even give troubles to the more difficult teams. This will lead us to qualify.

2. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Not much to say now but I'll guess 2-1 for Romania.

3. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivu back, Contra out (it seems like it was not a good idea to bring him back). I'd prefer Muresan as CM at this point, especially following Radoi's obvious error at Albania's goal. It seems like Marica is not gonna start. Weird, since he's a speedy player and can give our counterattack a little more life.

I hope Romania wins and Lucescu's career starts picking up. Time to give Becali brothers reasons to be quiet. He can do it, he's a smart coach.

4. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I agree with you, Lucescu is a smart coach but it's just the players. I think our team needs a bit more time together in order to bring up their chemistry. If we compare our current team to the EURO 08 team, they had so much chemistry it was probably one of the main reasons we made it to the final tournament.

I think Marica is struggling to find himself with this squad, he was doing okay for the 08 squad but it's a bit harder for him now.

I'll be probably missing the game on account of College starting tomorrow, so I won't be able to give any kind of feed back on the game but I'll be sure to watch the replay when I can.

Best of luck to them.

Hai Romania!

5. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Another draw..

Sure we didn't lose but we can't win either...WE CAN'T F*&%ING SCORE! :mad:

6. KaNgArOoS

KaNgArOoS Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Goodison Park
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    LOL, this is getting pathetic. We should have scored at the end though, no question. :mad:

7. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    THIS IS 100% PATHETIC. I'am so upset I cannot even give a proper review of the match. And now our next match is France? We're likely going to lose. Bosnia were beat 2-0 by France today. This group is going to be very close and I don't like our chances.

8. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I didn't get a chance to see the match... but if only Romania could get their act together and start finishing their chances, I think once Stancu starts hitting goals at this level, he won't stop but we should exercise some patience with him. The draw will prove to be disastrous if Romania can't get a result from the France game. I saw their game against Bosnia... Bosnia for all their attacking prowess lack the sort of organization and defence that Romania has, they really gifted the game to France by continually losing the ball so cheaply in midfield. It's all still to play for but Romania needs to convert its chances.

9. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A draw again. A few good opportunities to get the win.

Marica should have played from the beginning. Radoi made a few silly mistakes again. The team relies on his experience, but he doesnt provide what's needed from a player of his caliber. Deac works very hard, but he is not ready for the 1st team play, in my opinion. Bilasco was disappointing.

They have time to turn the things around in their favor. A few more tweaks in the team are needed. I don't like the midfield at all.

10. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I just read a couple days ago that Mutu might be pardoned and allowed to play our October matches before his ban ends. Mutu will definitely bring both finishing/extra attacking and inspirational plays out of Romania. He's the real leader of the national...at least between our current squad.

11. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think is in the team's best interest to bring a player, even the best, if he has an attitude detrimental to the team. I think it's up to Mutu to prove that. But I don't think it will be a good idea to introduce him with France. He was on the side for many months, he needs a few months to get in shape. Maybe in the spring, if he proves hes back in good shape.

12. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Oh yes, silly of me...I forgot about his fitness, but everyone he's been training with is saying he is very determined and looks VERY focused to play well once his ban ends, and if he's determined it's only a matter of games until he finds his form again.

Hope for the best for Romania's sake!