Euro 2012 Qualification Groups.

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Rhand, Feb 7, 2010.

1. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    And that's exactly why there needs to be a forfeiture and/or a ban. it's intolerable that European national competition gets disrupted in this manner.

2. RedStarBg

RedStarBg Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Serbia
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    In our media last 4-5 days everyone was warning that some Serbians fans have intention to make problems in Italy because they dont support football federation president (Karadzic) and Stojkovic for reason i mentioned in last post, they attacked team bus to hurt Stojkovic, what more warning you need!

Both Serbian and Italian side are equally guilty for what happened, Serbian police because they didnt arrested this retards before (im sure that this guys made some problems before) and Italian that didnt organised security better and let this torches and some other unallowed things enter stadium, and didnt react better to this hooligans.

3. La-Furia

Jun 19, 2006
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow, Azerbaijan beat Turkey 1-0. So happy!

4. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i wouldn't say that both Italy and Serbia are EQUALLY responsible. More like Serbia 80% and Italy 20%. If fans intend on getting things inside a stadium THEY WILL FIND A WAY. You can't really prevent that. The Italian security still did a good job because no one got hurt in the stadium and they contained the fans to one area while they prevented the situation from escalating into something alot worse. They didn't get physical because that would have created a melee.

5. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Yeah that wasn't a smart move really. I guess Italy wins it 3-0 by default. It's funny, I used to think Serbian fans were rather bad but Sweden played a friendly with Serbia away and Henke Larsson got a standing ovation from the crowd when he got subbed. So I guess in these dark times, let's remember that Serbian fans are more than just hooligans that drag the flag in the dirt.

6. cccssss

cccssss New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I remember German "fans" destroying the whole city centre in Slovenia a few years ago etc.
    I was trying to say that there were no serious incidents involving serbian fans at NT matches for a long time and there is no reason to ban Serbia because of this. No injured players, no injured cops at the stadium, no injured Italian spectators. I expect a couple of matches behind closed doors and nothing more.

Roma-Dynamo Kyiv 2004 suspended after Frisk hit by a coin: 0-3 victory awarded to Dynamo, 2 games behind closed doors for Roma.
    Inter-Milan 2005 home fans throw flares on to pitch - 3-0 victory awarded to Milan, Inter get 4 games behind closed doors, 2 on probation.

The gastarbeiters are crazy and they need these NT away matches to show their frustrations :D

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Sorry but Serbia's bad rep dates back a long time. I remember them disgracing themselves even when there was such a thing as Yugoslavia (world cup 1998, singing Milosevic & Karadzic).

It's time for the Serbs to sort themselves out.

8. cccssss

cccssss New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    So...our NT should be banned because of our chants and songs?

Plus I doubt anyone was chanting Milosevic's name at that time :D

9. Simmer

Simmer Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Oct 23, 2009
    Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's clear that Spain, Germany and Holland still are the best teams of Europe.

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Yeh they did. I was at the Holland v Yugoslavia game. And I can probably find you news reports to confirm it.

11. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    I agree with you on this. Doubt the Serbs will ever change though.

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Mind you they're still not as bad as the Russians. The Serbians are just extreme nationalists. The Russians are xenophobic and racist on top of being nationalist. The fun bit being that FIFA (of the FIFA stop racism campaign) will probably still give the 2018 world cup to Russia.

To the Serb poster: you really do need to sort this out not just with an eye on football. The EU that your country wants to become a member of isn't too fond of the nationalist outbreaks either and has warned Serbia about them.

13. cccssss

cccssss New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Well you probably meant Mladic not Milosevic :) , Milosevic was not a likeable person in the late 90s, those "hooligans" were fighting in the first lines against "his" police during the anti-Milosevic protests.

If we only talk about chanting and signing... for example - Croats are chanting "Kill Serbs" at random matches that have nothing to do with Serbia and sing the fascist Ustasha slogans regularly, but nobody has a problem with that or wish them to be banned. And not just Croats, Bosniaks, Greeks, Slovenians, even Romanians chanted such slogans when we played them... that's just the way things are in the Balkans I'm afraid.
    And it's still debatable how much our country really wants to become a member of the EU :) we are a proud and patriotic (you can even say nationalistic) nation and I doubt that EU membership will/would change that.

14. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    From an outsiders perspective Serbians have fcuk all to be proud and nationalistic about.

15. cccssss

cccssss New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    We don't really care that much for outsiders' opinions. But this is obviously not the right topic to talk about the situation in Serbia, I was just trying to answer neeskens' post about the nationalism in my country.

16. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damn it neighbours, it's okay you destroyed Genova but why did you burnt the albanian flag, now we have to deal with them. And why did you put a greek flag there, you are losing the friendship with us.

I feel sorry for the national team, but all the fault goes to the stupid italian police who let this happen.

17. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

ummm no the fault doesn't lay on the Italian police. if people intend on rioting THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO DO IT. also no one told Italian authorities what was heading to Genoa, even though Serbian Officials knew 4 -5 days before that they were heading to Genoa. Get your facts straight.

18. trekky76

trekky76 Member

May 31, 2008
    Stockholm
    I see no reason why Serbian FA should be suspended unless they added to the drama. More likely they will be fined and the match will be a w/o.
    Possibly also some closed door matches. I imagine alot of teams will be concerned going to Belgrade otherwise.

19. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Akin to an outsiders perspective on the English NT? :p

Jokes apart, I find your comment extremely distasteful and uncalled for, and I'm not even Serbian. This is not the place to diagnose national pride. Also, the country/city/football team doesn't need to do/achieve or have something so that someone can be proud of them.

What people forget is that the biggest losers in this situation are the Serbian fans and the NT, who will probably be handed a 3-0 loss and their home games taken away from them for no real fault of theirs.

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You're probably (deliberately?) hiding that there's politics behind the Serbian hooliganism.

Interesting article in the Guardian on the subject.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/13/serbia-hooligans-italy-riot

Excerpt:

An early signal of the nationalist turmoil tearing old Yugoslavia apart came in 1990, when the Red Star hardmen fought Dinamo Zagreb's hooligans at the Maksimir in the Croatian capital. The wars started a year later.

The Belgrade thugs were led by Zeljko Raznatovic, aka Arkan, the gangland boss and warlord who later used the Red Star fan base to recruit his Tigers militia to carry out atrocities in Croatia and Bosnia. He was assassinated in 2000, having been indicted for crimes against humanity by the war crimes tribunal in The Hague.

The rioting in Belgrade on Sunday was explicitly political. Extremist political leaders were arrested and police say they recovered detailed riot plans from the detainees. Officials also believe the estimated 3,000 that went to Genoa were acting on orders from leaders in Belgrade. "We had reports this was going to happen," Tomislav Karadzic, the head of the Serbian Football Association, said. "These kids are just doing what they're told. Those issuing the orders are in Belgrade."

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I don't think the Serbian FA is to blame either.

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  23. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    if i were trying to imply something i'd have just said it instead. what did you think i was trying to imply?
    if you must know i was thinking "this happened outside (video 1) and the eventual outcome looks like they got at least some of the guys (video 2). i'll post this cos not everyone will have seen it, or maybe even know that a bunch of arrests were made."
    you do realise not everyone would be italian tv viewers?

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My apologies, I though you were trying to make a statement about how that situation was being reported inside of Italy and outside of the country. No hard feelings I hope.