Pre-match: (EURO 2012 - Group Stage - Match 3) Denmark vs. Germany 06.17.2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Lahmfan, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah the ref is also a worry for me. Like always when a Spanish referee is in charge. :mad:
    Sometimes I wonder if Spanish referees give so many red and yellow cards, so that this teams might be weakened in case they play against Spain later.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  2. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This has nothing do with his nationality imo (it's not like Spain will have to be worried just because Wolfgang Stark is their next referee). Carballo's just a bad ref and even in Spain people were wondering why UEFA had chosen this guy.

3. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hmm I strongly disagree. It´s not just this Spanish referee. In my experience they all like to give yellow and red cards for no or just little reason. Remember the last World Cup? Klose´s ridiculous red card against Serbia. Remember from where the referee was?
    Or the World Cup 2002. The match against Cameroon were the ridiculously incompetent Spanish referee managed to set a record for yellow cards in a match which wasn´t either very hard or unfair.

But yes, for Spain it wouldn´t be disadvantage to have a German referee, because they are way better and truly neutral. I am sure they would even be neutral if they would be a referee for a Germany match.

nekkibasara repped this.
  4. Snakeater

Snakeater Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Why mess with the lineup? Leave the backline as it is. This game still matters.

I don't think that Jogi would put Mertesacker just to save Badstuber for the quarters. Could you imagine if we lost? Loew would look like a complete idiot.

I think you worry about the hear and now.

By the way, you're forgetting one thing, Boateng is eligible for the quarters. If Badstuber get a yellow, Boateng moves into CB spot, where he plays for Bayern, anyway, and Bender covers JB again at rightback.

In the semis, the backline reverts back to what it was for the first two games.

5. DerChef

DerChef Member+

Oct 5, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't need to add much more than that I agree with Faust's excellent points. Keep the essence of the side, but allow a little room for manoeuvre. I never thought about the Badstuber yellow card issue and the idea of having to play Mertesacker, but I think we can risk that in this game knowing our next opponent should things go to plan. If Bads gets a yellow today, Merte can cope against the Greeks; should he not, it will be wiped anyway for the knock-out stages.

Winning today is crucial, to both top the group and maintain momentum. Indeed I would like to see a step up, and the only way we can do this is by fielding the same starting eleven, Boateng excepted.

6. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I may finally be able to watch a game live in its entirety. When will the lineup be announced?

7. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1 hour before the game start... 10:45 PST

i am moving to a new apartment this week and ATT ********ed up my order and canceled my service in my current apartment ... so i will be watching the game in a bar or something :( hopefully the bar dont have Portugal game on..

8. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sport1 reporting that Poldi gets his 100th cap tonight. I wonder how quickly he gets subbed out.

...and I have to complain about the 3d gameday having both games at the same time. I'd love to see the KNVB-Portugal match as well. :mad:

9. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it's funny that the reason for Poldi's constant inclusion in these games is that he is providing some defensive help. As if Philipp Lahm is really going to be looking to Lukas for help...

timh19, Minttunator and Boandlkramer repped this.
  10. wallstreet123456

Nov 2, 2005
    NYC
    I only get to see the German team on tournament days because i live in the U.S. I really want to see Feud, Goetze. Play oneday

11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Since when did Poldi become a tracking back expert ? I dont think anyone even thought he does anything defensively up until this Euro? Nani dribbled past lahm on a lot of occasions. Where was Poldi to help ?

12. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So who would you guy have at RB - Howedes or Bender?

13. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Bild shows this lineup:

http://www.bild.de/
    Lahm, Badstuber, Hummels, Bender

Kais3r repped this.
  14. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh didn't know it was confirmed. Thanks.

Interesting. I have never seen him play at RB though?!

15. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Don't think this is officially confirmed; Bild is a POS rag but they seem to have close ties to the NT.

16. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder where this Bender love came from. Poor Howedes. Can't get on the roster for a CB position and for his makeshift role at RB, someone else is getting the nod?

Kais3r repped this.
  17. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Never thought of it this way until you mentioned it but yeh - not chosen as a CB then also not a RB which is the position Loew seemingly prefered him in. o_O

But hey....imagine if Loew surprises us and plays Lahm at RB to cover for Boateng and....Schmelzer on the left!!! This forum would go into meltdown :laugh:

18. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    He's Leverkusen's best player. They love him there. He has a great work rate. Bayern fans want him in their team instead of Gustavo.

19. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I meant from Jogi. I know why I dig Lars, but from the looks of it, he seems to have that third sub role (after Klose, Kroos) on lock.

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Oh from Jogi....... well it should be because he is great in training.

21. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could be a false 3-6-1 or 3-5-2 with Poldi upfront and Lars playing a bit in front of the back line.

23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Multiple reports...but I agree, WHY NO CB for a CB?!
    [​IMG]

24. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Official line up:
    1 Neuer(GK)
    5 Hummels
    14 Badstuber
    16 Lahm(C)
    6 Khedira
    7 Schweinsteiger
    8 Özil
    13 T. Müller
    15 Bender
    10 Podolsk
    23 Gomez

25. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm pretty nervous right now. Löw really seems to trust Lars, that's a great move imo. Let's control the match in their half and be clinical with the chances.