EURO 2008: Poland v. Azerbaijan 03.24 [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by johnmatrix, Mar 7, 2007.

1. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    Probably no additional call-ups will be made. In this situation I expect Poland to start with Krzynowek on the left midfield and maybe Zaglebie Lubin's Wojciech Lobodzinski on the right. If this player is capable of playing in the national team, he should show he deserves it in game like that.

However it is also possible that Jelen will start on the right with Zurawski and Matusiak upfront.

2. Gobas

Gobas New Member

May 19, 2006
    Szczecinek
    My squad:
    -------------Boruc
    Wasilewski--Bąk--Radomski--Żewłakow
    Jeleń---Murawski--Lewandowski--Krzynówek
    ---------Garguła
    ------------------Matusiak

3. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    I think that player's age is not always the main factor. Saganowski may be two years younger than Zurawski but remember that the former played his first game for Poland in 1996 when the latter was not even considered to be international player. Saganowski was enormously gifted as a young player, if I remember well he was the youngest Polish capped player since Lubanski, but he rarely was consistent. He failed to deliver first time when he moved abroad, he played for Odra Wodzislaw few years ago and had a tag of "wasted talent" before Legia signed him in 2002 what moved his career back on the right track. Even since then he had better and worse seasons and I'm glad to see him playing well for Southampton but remember that just a couple of months ago he was out of squad at Troyes.

Zurawski is older but he has never been considered as extraordinary talent in very young age what is now an advantage for him because he wasn't so exploited at very young age. His quality was rising more fluently and since he started to play for Poland, it was usually hard to imagine international team without him. Even if his form was not at its peak in last few months, he seems to be more reliable, consistent - and what also is important - experienced than Saganowski.

4. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    is blaszczykowski suspended for this game im not sure. i have afeeling kowalewski will start n goal . damn 2 key starters are out smolarek and golanski we got enough back up.
    my lineup
    kowalewski

wasilewski
    bak
    radomski
    zewlakow

jelen
    gargula
    dudka
    no idea

zurawski
    matusiak

now i think blaszczykowski is suspended correct me if im wrong . who is gona play left mid with smolarek and krzynowek out

5. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    didnt the post say that both smolarek and krzynowek are injured smolarek is out still a question about jaceks condition if hes out who plays left mid. i know hes out dudka can play left back and zewlakow play left mid

6. marcin79

marcin79 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Warszawa, Poland
    Honestly I can't remind single Zewlakow's game on left midfield. Probably Lukasz Gargula has better chance to play there, if Krzynowek was unavailable.

7. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    i remember 1 game zewlakow played right mid for us. zewlakow natural position at club level is always been right back or right mid . when he plays for national team at on left side. remember against belguim beenhakker played darius dudka has defesive mid a position dudka never played before

8. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    they changed the original referees for every game played on saturda i have no idea why

9. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    good point Beenhakker said he likes players who can play several positions, and he also wants 2 players of similar ability for each position in the future with regards to depth.......and you see that starting to happen with guys like blaszczykowski, jelen, ebi, krzynowek all capable of playing wing......

on a side note you mentioned Krzynowek being out, but whatever it was it seems likely that he will start:

http://sport.onet.pl/0,0,1507342,wiadomosc.html

10. UnderTheMoon

UnderTheMoon New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    I had a dream that Poland was losing this match 2-3..

11. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    go back to sleep until you have something better to tell us

12. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,65046,4011021.html

Boruc - Wasilewski, Dudka, Bąk, Żewłakow - Łobodziński, Garguła, Lewandowski, Krzynówek - Żurawski Matusiak

Leo's squad for the game

Rasiak was the latest drop due to illness

13. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    in the 73rd min kazachstan leads serbia 2-1 . we win were in first hopefully there to stay for good

14. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    wow if kazakstan wins thats going to biggest shock in euro qualifing there have alot of shocks thank God this isnt like ncaa mens basketball tournament witch has beeen absolutlly awful this year

15. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Kazakstan 2 Serbia 1

16. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    what 2 people voted for azerbiajan

17. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Suddenly that 1-0 win over Kazakhstan looks a lot better. Their win today is a great result for us, we need the Serbs and Portugese to drop points vs teams like Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Armenia. Now we must take care of business with Azerbaijan.

18. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Poland 5-0 Azerbaijan
    Bak 3, Dudka 6, Lobodzinski 34, Krzynówek 58, Kaźmierczak 84

Poland
    1-Artur Boruc - 13-Marcin Wasilewski, 6-Jacek Bąk, 2- Dariusz Dudka, 14-Michał Żewłakow - 15-Wojciech Łobodziński, 18- Mariusz Lewandowski, 19-Łukasz Garguła, 8-Jacek Krzynówek (79. Jeleń) -9- Maciej Żurawski, 11-Radosław Matusiak (69. Kaźmierczak)

Azerbaijan
    12-Dżachangir Gasanzade - 9-Samir Abbasow, 3-Ernani Pereira, 6-Elmar Bachszijew, 22-Aleksander Czertoganow - 8-Asłan Karimow (67. Dzavadov) , 18-Ilgar Gurbanow, 15-Branmir Subaszic, 19-Emin Imamalijew (65. Aghakishiyev) - 21-Kanan Kerimow, 11-Leandro Gomes (62. Ladaga)

Caution: Karimow (28), Gurbanov (61)

Link to uefa matchcenter
    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/index.html

19. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Kazakhstan 2-1 Serbia
    Ashirbekov 47, Zhumaskaliyev 61 - Zigic 68

Poland 5-0 Azerbaijan
    Bak 3, Dudka 6, Lobodzinski 34, Krzynówek 58, Kaźmierczak 84

Portugal v. Belgium

Current standings:
    Code:
    [B]Poland	       6	13[/B]
    Finland	       5	11
    Serbia	       5	10
    Portugal       4	7
    Belgium	       5	7
    Kazakhstan     6	5
    Armenia	       4	1
    Azerbaijan     5	1

20. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are we behind Serbia? :confused:

21. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Until this match was in the books they were still ahead on GD.

22. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Very good job by our team, if Smolarek had played we could have won by more than 8:0. Azeris were nothing more than a background for our guys, it really did seem at times like it was men against boys....I wish Zuraw would have scored, had two great chances towards the end of the match.

I think we still need a good finisher, though, Matusiak seemed to be bothered by lack of play, Rasiak or Saganowski would have been perfect towards the end to pile on the goals. But you can't complain, they got the job done, and did it well.

23. polak metro

polak metro New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    yea if smolarek wasnt injured or blaszczykowski wasnt suspended with would of been better. gargula and lewandowski played really well . everyone played well except for krzynowek ,zurawski and matusiak.

24. UnderTheMoon

UnderTheMoon New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    It's ok, my dreams never come true.

25. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Last match of the day in Group A