"Estoy triste": The pouty, not impressed, hands-on-hips Other Teams' Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by jfcule, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't get to watch our game or theirs but 8 points is 8 points. There's a long way to go but these points will be valuable when we draw an away game in March/April while we rest our guys for a big CL match or when we lose on an off day.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    ^ yeah 8 points will seem very small if we dont win El Clasico in October. Remember Mandril started last season like shite too and still finished with 100 points.

On another note, did anyone see the non handshake b/w Ferdinand and Terry? Lol Ferdinand couldn't get away from there fast enough and some dumb, fat kid (really fat!!) is standing in his way! Gotta see it to appreciate.
    But isn't it a bit too much to have ugly children involved in the pre-match handshake? Its already questionable to have the players involved in a handshake. The handshake got more build-up than the actual match. Then again, I'm talking about it so guess I shouldn't critisize.

3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Trophies awarded in May are the priority.
    Pre-season trophies are nice, but priority #1 in games played in August is avoiding injuries.
    And I would argue that Barcelona's performance in the Supercopa when they went down to 10 men made a bigger statement than had Adriano not been sent off and the trophy had been won.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Couldnt agree less. ;). 8 point lead trumps Supercup. And it isnt even that close.

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    10 man and we only lost on away goal rules, its not something to be mourn about. We can start thinking on retaining this perfect start and hopefully they retain their "perfect" start too.

6. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, don't be so harsh on Ronaldo today. He left it all on the pitch today: blood, sweat, AND tears.

puyol, Dhajj and unclesox repped this.
  7. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Obv 8 points isn't "title won", but the points gained in Autumn are as big as the points won in April. We can make them uncomfortable and nervous now, while we can play confident and relaxed (in a good way) knowing a draw or a loss occasionally still keeps us in a bossing situation, while they go to the pitch knowing if they **** up, the gap will be 10/11 points.

As for the Clasico, the pressure is on them more than on us. They're the reigning champions and they need to win the match more than we do.

As for their last season, yeah, it's true - hence the "title not won yet, far from it" - but the fact they started last season mediocrily and ended up winning doesn't mean them starting this season like **** somehow isn't good for us.

9. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One more loss and it's all over...

If they lose another game and pour that form into the CL... I think that club will implode and the special one will have his "special" one removed ;)

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Last season Barcelona lost the league was due to Madrid consistency, they finished with 100 points, cant argue with that. Remember that Barcelona still finished with 90+ points. In other season that's more than enough to win you the league. Barcelona aint playing so bad last season in la liga, they lost 3 matches compare to madrid 2 but some of the draw in the begining and at the end of the season cause the title. That second leg classico wasnt even title decider, they're still leading by 1 point if Barca win. In comparison Madrid already lost twice and draw once this season .

11. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Is there an 8 point lead trophy i don't know about :unsure:

12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No, but one would choose 8 point lead and a SuperCopa loss over 8 point gap to chase and a SuperCopa win.

13. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    After only 4 games lets not pretend LPB wont be 2nd soon and of course the already won Supercopa

14. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Let's not pretend LPB won't have very hard time catching us.

15. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Atletico up 4-0 over Rayo Vallecano with about 20 minutes to play. They are on quite a roll and have been pounding in the goals recently.

Apparently UEFA is holding onto their prize money from the Super Cup win over Chelsea because they still have financial problems.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar scored a nice goal today.

17. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lucky bounce :D

...and Atletico almost pissed away their victory, giving up three goals in the last 10 minutes or so and held on to win 4-3

18. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You really value a pre-season trophy?
    Have you gotten over the Gamper yet? The Supercopa can be avenged but I don't see a Barca-Sampdoria rematch on the horizon any time soon.
    At least that prestigious 'Paris Trophy' that was won via penalties against PSG has pride of place in the Barca museum.

[​IMG]

Probably sitting next to that coveted ‘SuperMatchen’ Trophy won against United in Gothenburg.

[​IMG]

Screw the 8 point lead. Trophies rule!
    :rolleyes:

19. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    I wouldn't call the Supercopa a pre-season trophy. It's a competitive game, the season curtain opener, and both teams who play will want to win, even more so if it's a Clasico or any other big rivalry.

But then again, I even value our Gamper matches every year as important. Mainly because I love Barca so much and want to win any silverware we can get our hands on. I remember screaming like a maniac at a bar when Thiago scored that second goal against Bayern in the Audi Cup final last year lol. I obviously care. I wouldn't be a football fan if I didn't.

I'm not exactly over the Supercopa loss yet, but our performances were very promising in three of the four halves of football against them in that tie. We also won the last three Supercopas and we're the record holders of that trophy, so it's not devastating to lose it or anything for once. Winning the Clasico will erase the agony of that loss for me. I hope we get it done. ;)

Gilmango repped this.
  20. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I guess it comes down to how you rank trophies. I don't compare the Gamper or other obvious preseason contests to the Supercopa. Anddddd neither does Barca. You can tell by the amount of B teamers in games like the Gamper and the amount of starters in the Supercopa.

I'm as happy as the next guy with the 8 point lead, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here...nothing won

21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No one's saying anything is won. But last season LPB dropped points in 6 matches, we in 10 matches. The season before that we dropped point in 8 matches, they in 9. This season, after 4 matches, their number is 3 already (2 of them losses) while we have 0.

Indeed nothing's won: but it's like in F1 we won the pole position from qualifying while they're somewhere faaaar behind and we're about to see who's gonna win. Not celebrating a title, but happy about the current situation.

22. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I see what you mean. Always better to be in first then in.....10th (LPB)? Of course very happy :D

Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  23. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    True, but I'll put it like this: If Barca were trailing LPB by 8 points right now in La Liga, winning the Supercopa over LPB a few weeks earlier would not have made up for it.

os_mutante, celito and Rana catesbeiana repped this.
  24. barcabob1899

barcabob1899 Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    True, last years Supercopa didnt comfort me during most of last season.

25. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I may be in the minority, but I highly value the FIFA Club World Cup and the Copa del Rey and I considered last season to be a success based on winning those two trophies. But I understand if others don't feel the same.