"Estoy triste": The pouty, not impressed, hands-on-hips Other Teams' Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by jfcule, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    As far as the round 9 of Liga is concerned, seems that the gap between us and the best team from Madrid stayed the same, us only leading thanks to goal difference. Oh well. I guess they're gonna drop points at some point.

2. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    I hope Atleti and Malaga don't drop too many points over the coming months. A more competitive Liga is better and it will keep us on our feet which we'll need to do.

3. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, I like competitive league as well, but I still wouldn't mind us leading the league by points rather than goal difference. I mean, only fair to hope the team you support doing well (differs from hoping we win the league by, say, 30 points).

4. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Agreed but I don't mind it this way. Only 9 rounds in and it's refreshing to see a team other than LPB on our back. Hopefully it'll last until spring time and we don't see another 20/30 point difference between the top two and third place again.

Mallorca were terrible tonight and it was a dull match, not a very good half at all from Fontas either. Hopefully he keeps on playing for them while he's on loan, he clearly needs time to improve. Levante away is a much better chance of seeing LPB lose points than tonight's game.

5. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, I don't mind it either. Like, this is fine, and us having a little gap would be fine as well.

As for LPB dropping points, well, until they're the second on the table, it's sort of irrelevant what they do. If Atleti keep it together, the task of making it to the second might take them longer than they think. Then again, obviously agreed that "only 9 rounds in". First quarter of Liga done, three quarters left.

6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Dammit, Köln going to penalties against Regionalliga (4th division) Wormatia Worms. :(
    0:0 after 120 minutes.
    2nd Round of German Cup.

7. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Köln advance 4:3 on penalties. :)
    Timo Horn saved Wormatia's third spot kick from Kevin Wittke. Sascha Bigalke placed Köln's fourth penalty off the post, but Marcel Abele promptly crashed Worm's next kick off the crossbar leaving Miso Brecko to put Cologne into the third round.
    *phew*

Gilmango repped this.
  8. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Listening to Radio Catalunya and during the second half of Alaves-Barca and one of the co-commentators suddenly let out a HUUY! Everyone in the booth is wondering what's going on...... apparently there's a hell of a game in the English League Cup going on.
    Reading led Arsenal 4-0 after 37 minutes, 4-1 at halftime.
    Arsenal came back to 4-4 after 90 minutes.
    Reading scores in extra-time...
    And the reaction by the Catalan pundit was of Theo Walcott giving Arsenal a 6-5 lead in the dying minutes.

Whoops, now it's 7-5. lol Love the great defending of English football. Basketfoot they should call it.

9. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the match, as I couldn't see the Barca CdR match live here.

Reading are going to feel hard done by. They were up 4-3 when Arsenal equalized early in the sixth minute of four minutes of stoppage.

10. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This guy must be kicking himself right now.
    [​IMG]

Capt.Tsubasa and Rojinegro1 repped this.
  11. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    jfcule repped this.
  12. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^^^
    haha That's awesome! Probably just went to the loo then.

13. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That whole timeline is great. He apparently left for a minute just to get a pint (at four goals down, it's understandable) and next thing you know there's a Facebook page calling him a fake fan.

The guy's bio starts, "KFC and general chicken enthusiast." can't be a bad guy, now can he.

14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Anyone who appreciates Colonel Harland's eleven herbs and spices is a friend of mine. :cool:

And anyone who remembers the Colonel in the chef's hat is very old school. They were only around for roughly two years (1969-70). I remember two existing in San Leandro (Calif) when I was all of 3-4 years old. Wish they'd try giving them another go.

[​IMG]

os_mutante repped this.
  15. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    getting far off topic, but here's the crazy quote of the day (Mou hasn't given a press conference yet):
    "Colonel Sanders is the most recognized face in the world other than Jesus Christ,"

Read more: http://www.slashfood.com/2009/10/29/colonel-sanders-hometown-makes-peace-with-kfc-icon/#ixzz2AsvhFoKE

So usox, you don't give credence to opinion that Colonel Sanders was a racist? And probably sexist? (No one wants to imagine what he's whispering right here:)

[​IMG]

...although this is pretty awesome: The Colonel and Alice Cooper
    [​IMG]

os_mutante repped this.
  16. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kentucky Beef?!?!!? Mind blown.

Last off topic, but I went to the first ever home game of the new Brooklyn Nets at the Barclay Center. It was preseason and I came across this quote from the building's part owner:

17. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Chicken IS good. But so is beef, pork, seafood in so many forms etc etc. Vegetables in season. Food - bloody hell. So fantastic.

Good, warm bread with real butter, little cheese, tomato and ham is also great.

18. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm reminded of the joke, "Everyone eats to live. I live to eat."

Hey, sounds like a potential future thread title:
    "Most clubs love football. Football loves FC Barcelona."
    :p

Capt.Tsubasa repped this.
  19. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Arsenal 7-5 Reading yesterday, Chelsea 5-4 Man Utd today :eek:

20. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of future titles, now would be a good time to suggest new OTT titles. Something to do with the stout English defenses, perhaps?

21. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    inswinger and unclesox repped this.
  23. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    LOL! I had to find a pic since I didn't watch the game. :D

[​IMG]

And I found it in this article, of all places.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not sure if serious, but it totally matters what LPB does. And matters more than what Atl Madrid does.

Atletico is not capable of winning 13, 15,17 games in a row like LPB seems to do every season starting around this time of the year. Or to put it another way, lPB are only two points behind their pace of last season when they got 100 points.

25. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, depends how one takes it. I mean, we are trying to win Liga. That means being better than the second placed team. So, we do our thing and see what's the prize. But as far as keeping an eye on what the others do, the key rival is the team that is closest to us. That said: I would too guess that LPB will eventually make it to the second spot and that we talk about 8 points (instead of goal difference to AM) for a reason. But until they're there, they're not our biggest rival in a certain sense. Obviously they're "the rival" anyway.

Winning streaks of 15-17? I'd guess - without checking - that they're not that common even for LPB.