"Estoy Tri-tranquilo"...aka the '09 summer transfer thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by jfcule, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is Laporta insane or dumb ?

Eto'o + 50M + Hleb (Loan) = Ibrahimovic ?? :eek:

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yep I too counted Keita as a more attacking midfielder, not the Yaya/Busquets role. However, he can do a decent job as DM as well if needed while it's not his preferred position.

3. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Adding a Mascherano or another DM/CM with comparable class should round things off pretty nicely going into the next season. Especially with the amount of skills Ibra possesses, it's no longer a priority to sign another LWF. Not to mention adding a central midfielder will allow Iniesta to play LWF whenever Henry isn't ready.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm pretty sure the great Cannavaro. Saying he's as good as todays Cannavaro would pretty much put him off the market.

Barca have refused the loan-with-option thing. Might come back though because I don't think Juventus have alot more money to spend. Then again, if we can sell Poulsen things might happen. Who knows.

You guys should send Bojan out on loan until he's a starter.

5. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Mascherano would be another stupid signing at this stage. but if it does happen, no doubt, it'll be for Messi + 70 million + Iniesta on loan :rolleyes:

IMO, we're still exactly where we are offensively, even if Zlatan ends up being as good as Eto'o; we've got no quality backups up front. when any of the front 3 are injured, or we need to change a game, we're still left with Bojan and Gudjonsen. we even sent the near-useless Hleb away, so we're a man down.

rather than getting into a dick-swinging contest with Real Madrid, we should've addressed our depth concerns first

6. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree. One solid attacker/att-midfielder could be of use. Someone good but someone not too expensive. There are rumours of Gudjohnsen going away as well, which IMO would be a mistake unless we buy two new players because, indeed, we need depth.

7. QuadrupleTree

QuadrupleTree New Member

Feb 19, 2006
  8. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if it's true the club has not even contacted him, then that goes as yet another stupid communication gap in this process. I am guessing a call from Mourinho telling him he would be able to compete for a starting position would settle his mind, though.

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Why on earth do we need Masch after the season Yaya had last year? Do you not think he's earned our trust? And we already have a quality back-up in Busquets. Any deal for Masch would likely send Yaya to Anfield. So it'd be Yaya+money for Masch. If we really want to get epically shafted on a deal not once but twice in a single Summer, that's the next deal we need to make. :rolleyes:

10. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Who said Yaya doesn't have my trust?

Having another world class central midfielder is never detrimental to any team playing for six trophies in one season with a midfield depth that's as thin as Barca's. Yaya and Keita won't be available for a month during what could be a crucial part of the season. As of now, only player that will be available to fill the void will be Busquets who, despite last season's outstanding form, is still at a developmental stage. Of course, if it's Yaya that's being asked for Mascherano, then the deal should be pulled off the table immediately, because the whole point of chasing the Argentine is for Pep to have more depth to work with.

11. Swagga

Swagga Red Card

Jan 24, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wouldn't be surprised.

12. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So, if the elections were held right now/this minute, who'd vote Laporta out?

13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not that I have a vote, but I'd vote yey. If healthy this team wins La Liga hands down. What more do you, or the general fan, want?

14. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    CL repeat.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It's a cup. You don't plan to win a cup competition. You focus on winning the league and everything else is just a bonus.

16. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    You said what more do we "want"...

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well it was meant in a 'what more can you ask for' kind of way. Guess that flew right by ya.

18. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    We were completely spoiled last season. I really wish we had more depth though.

19. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sandro Rosell :)

I don't think anyone else though, not after the season we had. He nailed the most important decision he's had to make in the last few years (hiring Pep), and we're won while playing beautiful soccer. While this may be considered by some as doing bad business, it's still going to result in us bringing in a world class player that's going to excite fans all season.

20. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  21. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  22. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Last year Chigurh, this year Chygr-ynskiy. Another caveman for the defense.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Didn't Laporta clear the team of all dept and duplicate revenue and made the Barcelona franchise at an all time high? You can't go wrong with that.

24. messiah10

messiah10 Member

May 7, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://twitter.com/Thierry_Henry

"@zlatans_offical Im looking forward playing with you! You me and Messi what a dream team!"

that was on titi's page .... i dont know if this is real or what but thats what it said on his page to ibra ..... i dont know if ibras is real either but seems like he just deleted his page today because it was working

25. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the Chygrynskiy deal will be a sign and loan, like w/ Keirrison