Estaduais 2014: State Championships thread [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Mengão86, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That Douglas disallowed goal was disgusting though, I don't think i'd get over that if I were a Vasco Fan.

2. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I agree with how Vasco fans should feel. Understand that. But what should Flamengo do? Absolutely nothing, as sometimes you win through the refs, sometimes you lose because of them. I don't understand how any paid full time analyst should be spouting off that our team and fan should be ashamed and embarrassed. Flamengo can't control the Mickey Mouse refs FERJ throws out there. And everyone knows Flamengo isn't exactly FERJs favorite, so the conspiracies are funny.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The guy who said that probably gained ratings for the show. It is ridiculous but at the same time I've spent over an hour this week reading Vasco fans conspiracy theories so I don't know what that says about me haha. It is so crazy at a certain point you have to laugh. I could honestly see how the linesman made the mistake on Flamengo's goal but some people aren't as rational. I think fans like winning on a bad call in classico's as crazy as it sounds. Flamengo obviously deserved it, they were the best team in the carioca while having to compete in the libertadores.

4. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    never saw you here before. It seems that you only post when your team wins.

anyway, I disagree with everything Lawsonsphere is posting, so no need to quote anything. But lol, saying that the Estaduais finals were the best day of the year?? LMAO. It´s simply UNIMPORTANT. In 2 weeks, when the Brasileirão starts, Internacional fans won´t even remember about the Gauchão title anymore (unlike their national and international titles!)

Grenais AT the national league attract bigger crowds too.

And btw, everybody knows this was my opinion for quite a few years already. (before Fleckell replies saying I am just saying that because we lost)

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I wonder how much money Paulistao lost with Ituano winning the final.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #431 Emperor Adriano, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    The Gaucho sucks... and you just got your ass pounded in by Inter so we all know why you are so dismissive. The Catarinense is even better than the gaucho so like I said before if you lived in another state you may enjoy it more. I understand the hate for the state championships but the last sunday is better and more dramatic than any day in the brasileirao unless the title is in play. Even then, there are 6 to 8 intriguing games during the last Sunday of the State championships. Also the stadiums are actually full unlike the brasileirao.

7. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Thing is Vasco is doing the right thing now, not before when they call it to cancel the game, but now that they are suing over lost revenue.

That's something that might hold up on the court, only because they requested many things from the FERJ before the game fearing this would happen and it was denied. Now... if Vasco wins the prize in court, that will start making FERJ do some changes, like when Fifa sent home 2 refs after the last world cup and fired the one responsible for the refs because of 2 game changing mistakes in 1 tournament.

I don't see FERJ firing anybody, Vasco can use that.

8. Fleckell

Fleckell New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre

I like to win my big rival that's it.

Sorry for my happiness.

Emperor Adriano repped this.