Estaduais 2014: State Championships thread [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Mengão86, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not seeing the groups in the link unfortunately.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Emperor Adriano repped this.
  4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Everyone knows I watch quite a bit of the Paulistao and carioca but I really want to watch a lot of the copa Nordeste this year. It was heated last year so I can't imagine how intense it will be since a Sul-Americana birth will be on the line. Hopefully Globo buys the rights so I can watch it on Pfc unlike last year.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I doubt Gloho tries to get it. It'll probably still be on Esporte Interativo.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do fans really get excited about the State Tournaments anymore? If GolTV still has the rights I'll be following Sao Paulo in the Paulista this year.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    People only get excited in the sense that they can watch their team play again after a month and a half break.

InterFan76 repped this.
  9. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I love the Carioca! I get to watch Vasco after a break and I get to see how the new prospects are doing. Especially since Vasco now has a very young team.

I do wonder how much one of these small Serie B carioca team costs to purchase and maintain. Or even a Serie C Carioca team.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have to admit i'm pretty exited for the Paulistao and carioca. Both can reach dull points but overall they are very entertaining.

InterFan76 repped this.
  11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My favorite moment from last years Carioca.

12. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Bernardo :) impossible not to like him as a Vasco Fan, but I actually wished it was CA who had scored that goal, great play by him.

I hated that they sent Bernardo away for 1 season because he sued for money. Vasco should have talked to him, settled and kept him, we would have used him a lot more than Santos did.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He barely played with Santos which kind of sucked since I was expecting a lot from him. I'm sure he'll have a big season this year. Do you think he'll stay with Vasco??

14. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    You never know these days, but he is a Vascaino doente. Hopefully he'll stay with the club for the long run and healthy. Very talented player.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bernardo was highly regarded in Cruzeiro's youth system but lacks the mentality to be a successful pro at the moment. If he focused on his career and fully dedicate himself rather than his controversial life off the pitch, he'd be a much better player now. He's still young, but he needs to turn it around.

16. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    There wasn't much controversy, most of it was because he didn't get paid (no controversy there, nobody here would work for no money) but somehow that becomes his fault for complaining. And then he gets in trouble for sleeping with the ex girlfriend of a drug lord in Rio (ok that one could have been avoided, but then again we're not sure he knew who she was).

Outside of that, he's been great on the pitch.

17. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Honestly anybody knows where to find the value of these small Serie C clubs?

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Noitadas de Bernardo preocupam o Vasco
    Por: Marluci Martins em 07/03/13 16:46
    http://extra.globo.com/esporte/extra-campo/noitadas-de-bernardo-preocupam-vasco-7773298.html

BERNARDO CURTE NOITADA NA BARRA DA TIJUCA
    Bernardo passou boa parte da temporada 2013 afastado dos gramados curando uma grave lesão no joelho, mas nem assim o jogador ficou longe dos holofotes do mundo da bola. Muito questionado por ser frequentemente visto na noite carioca, o jogador segue essa rotina durante as ferias.
    http://zonamista.net/2013/12/21/bernardo-curte-noitada-na-barra-da-tijuca-2/

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Serie C of the Carioca or the national Serie C?

20. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Carioca
    This is what happens with every athlete in Brazil unless the team is not winning, Ronaldinho was always going out, Flamengo was doing well and it wasn't an issue. They got disqualified from the Libertadores and it became an issue. Goes to Atletico and is going out once more.. no issue they are winning.

So it can become an issue if the team is not doing well. Not the other way around. In the pitch he gives 100% and works hard as hell. But if the team is not doing well... TJV will say he's not working as hard as he could because he's going out.

It's like Chemistry in sports.. if the team is doing well and there's a fight it's because they are fired up and it just happens, quite normal in the trenches. If the team is doing bad... the fight shows a lack of chemistry among teammates which is why they are doing bad.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  21. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Sports analysts need to have an opinion on something to get paid, so why not have the most obvious opinion people would agree to.

LOOK HE'S GOING OUT!! THAT'S WHY THEY ARE DOING BAD!!! RAAAAWRRR

and you can see people reading that headline and just agreeing... YEAH THEY GET TONS OF MONEY SO THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT NOT HAVING TO GO OUT RAAAAWRRR.

that's just a jealousy factor of the regular people to the sports athletes. The public loves to see an athlete that's doing well crash and burn, at the same time.. they would love to be friends or in the lives of those same athletes. Because they can't, they rather have them crash and burn. Sad but true.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Most athletes do it. But Bernando does it excessively, even for athlete standards.

Ronaldinho sells papers and gets clicks. Bernando doesn't.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rodrigo Arroz and Gilberto, ex-Spurs and previously retired, were signed by America-RJ.

Arroz most famous moments? Jumping the advertising signs after every Fla goal as a bench warmer!

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  25. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Can't wait til Estaduais starts, especially Carioca.
    To me the most exciting rivalries in the planet competing for the championship trophy.