1. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It will if he can't catch me genius. ;)

Sissoko is a thousand times worse is he ? I doubt that very much. Sissoko seems to just be very clumsy both in his tackling and his passing. Not for one second can you believe that Rafa has told him to play like that because he simply wouldn't.

Chelsea are the only thing of interest ? In your world maybe.

Bigger club ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yep think that just about covers that retort.

2. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OUCH!!!

[​IMG]

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I agree with you completely, but Essien is guilty of this, too. Admittedly it was for a handball by Ricardo Gardner and not a physical challenge, but the 'card him' gesture has to be the thng I hate most about where the game is going. That and players moaning about only making a doctor's annual salary per week.

Oh, and before some smug clep tries to take a shot regarding Ronaldo & Rio... go read some o my posts on them in the above context(s).

4. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why he has Gallas.

Just in his tackling and passing, things he does all game long... He went down like a rock every time a Bolton player got near him, got away with tackles that people would've screamed "Bloody Murder!" at Essien for, etc. Rafa probably didn't tell him to, but he doesn't tell him not to. Just like he doesn't tell Gerrard to go for a penalty when they're down 1-0 or 2-1.

Mine and the media's world. Heck, the FA won't even fine you for pointless crap, they're too busy looking at us!

Yep, bigger club. We're wealthier for a reason, right?

5. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Essien had it coming. I could believe maybe that one bad tackle wasn't deliberate, but he's made over the top tackles, really bad ones, twice in quick succession and knocked out one of Lauren's teeth. Sooner or later someone was going to do him.

6. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my opinion Reo Coker was actually going for the ball, it was a really bad tackle but he was going for the ball. Essien, however, ofen goes for the man. Im sorry but if you say that Essien was going for the ball against Hamann then you either have never played soccer, a Chelsea fan, didn't see the game or are just a fvcking retard(which I already mentioned is a Chelsea fan). He was about a foot above where the ball is, if he was going for the ball then he really sucks, which we know he doesnt because he plays for Chelsea and they only buy the best. Anyways, I feel no remorse for Essien, for what goes around comes around, an eye for an eye, karma, and all that crap.

7. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most annoying thing for me, is when defenders raise their hand to signal offside, like they're the linesman. IF the linesman is going to call it, he will call it. If he doesnt, you just slowed down and screwed yourself, get on with the game.

8. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how Lauren lost a tooth when he was elbowed in the Collar.

For those of you who don't have an education on human anatomy, the collar has no impact on the teeth.

Arsenal probably just wanted to sulk up to the referee as every other club are doing when it comes to Michael.

Evanpemwhatever, Gerrard made tackles like this before. It's called adapting to a new pace.

9. Grah

Grah Member

Sep 4, 2003
    Isn't this little injury just the thing for Chelsea??

He'll miss his two games for CL not go to Africa for six weeks and be back playing inside 2 weeks.

Wonder if it really is even injuried... ?

Phew Staying in London

10. ronaldo90

ronaldo90 New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    what goes around comes around, couldnt of happend to a nicer bloke, its about time someone game him a bad tackle - he might realsie what it felt like for didi hamann

11. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    EPL's dirtiest players

1) Essien - arrogant, cocky SOB, way overpriced, dirty as hell

2) Patrick Viera (he might be back)

3) Allan Shearer aka Mr Elbows

4) Bergkamp, aka Mr. Elbows #2

5) Gabriel Heinze, always dirty tackles

12. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times have you seen him play? Once right? What is so arrogant or cocky about him?

13. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Idiot.

0) Mohammed Sissoko - What everyone non-Chelsea thinks of Essien as.

14. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For those of you who have no clue at all, stop trying to defend the indefensible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4516350.stm

Wherever he appeared to hit him on the TV from thousands of miles away, he definitely caught him in the head, end of conversation.

I don't know why you're defending the bloke, we've all had players who are dirty ba****ds, Essien is just yours. He's a good player, but dirty all the same. If you just said "Yeah, those things were stupid and he's lucky not to have been sent off", or something similar, then I could take you seriously. Fact is, he should have gone against Bolton (which the referee belatedly admitted), he should have gone against Liverpool (which UEFA have subsequently banned him for) and he should have gone against Arsenal (which the referee bottled, probably because Styles was the ref against Bolton too). Whatever anyone else has done is immaterial to that. Trying to make the thread about whatever Sissoko has done is stupid.

15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    He's no dirtier than Vieira. Who, incidentally, wasn't dirty.

16. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    I have no sympathy for Essien and I think it's wonderful his dirtiness came back to him. No if only Fat Frank could receive the same kind of treatment. I am still finding it very odd how virtually no one in England seems to be keen on reducing him, apart from Scottie Parker. :)

17. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    Incidentally, I see nothing wrong with Sissoko (or anyone) stamping on Diouf. In fact, I think every game at least three opposition players should be allowed to stamp on Diouf, preferrably on his horrible face. This should be added to the refs' handbook, so that they do not try to misguidedly book anyone who happens to trod on any part of Diouf. Hope that helps. :)

18. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree with the first part, not the second. Vieira knew well how to leave his mark on his opponent when the mood took him. And it came back to bite him on the arse plenty of times too. But once again, that's got nothing to do with Essien.

19. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I've seen him play about 15 times. I live in Canada and we get about 8 EPL games a week on TV and Chelsea is usually one of the games. Plus they show 2 CL games a week, so I see Chelsea there also. I hear that we get more footie coverage here in Canada on TV than the Englidh get.

20. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't even need to make you look like a twat your doing a fine job on your own. ;)

21. chelski72

chelski72 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Lahndon UK, innit
    That is quite possibly the funniest thing I have read on this board.

22. chelski72

chelski72 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Lahndon UK, innit
    As you're all talking about karma and what comes around goes around, you'll obviously agree that it was coming to Hamann anyway.

From the logic on display from so many of you, Hamann obviously deserved it.

Interestingly, if this logic plays out, it will be Reo-Coker who next gets a dose of the calling card...