ESPN/Futbol Picante VI [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I am well aware of why Hugo was fired and also very certain that his job had ended even before their trip to England to play Ghana, at least in the eyes of the club owners.

for the record, I still am convinced that it was Vergara who was behind Hugo's departure. The 3 Guadalajara votes don't care much for Hugo. Pachuca's vote probably did not go in his favor considering Hugo has implied that Martinez and Fassi are a bunch cheats. Morelia and Jaguares (Grupo Salinas) don't care for Hugo favoring Televisa.

And as far as names being thrown around, that is just a fishing ploy by the journos to see if the bait works. They always do that.

But for the sake of discussion, and the remote chance that Vergara is telling the truth that he had nothing to do with it and that Justino and Decio were doing all the negotiating, my question is why were justino and decio searching for a coach if they (Justino) pledged their full support to Hugo completing a cycle? Who told them to start looking or was it voluntary action on behalf of Justino to start looking?

I really don't think the owners went to the meeting in late feb/early march and told Justino, "we voted Hugo out, now find us a coach and you have the full authority to search and negotiate with whomever you want"

If the whole Nestor thing taught us one thing, it is that nothing gets done in the FMF without the will of the board.

2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I think your totally making it out as if things were more advance than they were. Yeah you could say that it was a lot of journalist phishing names but they were pretty much spot on with Aguirre being the top candidate, he declining it and then a search for another name that led to Erikson, who was mentioned as a candidate by the press before he was named but a lot later than the other names. This is the FMF that takes 6 months after a WC to name a coach and now they had the guy before Hugo was fired? Really?

3. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    so I watched the Sven interview.....he didn't say anything we didn't already know. Jose Ramon asking stupid questions "would a team like America be able to compete in the EPL?"

Jose Ramon REALLY has it in for Blanco.

4. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Every time he interviews with a european

he talks trash about mexican football

mendigo duende

5. Pajaro Negro

Pajaro Negro Member+

Jun 27, 2007
    ColoRADo
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Someone should call in to the show

6. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hah im listening to Raza Deportiva and i believe it was Rafa Ramos who mentioned that Luis Suarez' brother(go figure) is playing in El Salvador and is on one of the teams disputing the final.

Faitelson goes on to say:

"Quien le mando a hacer eso?"

"Cuando se cumple su condena?"

Hahahah pinche Faitelson has no love for los Salvies....i mean really.

7. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Will the picante guys consider Inter's lose a fracaso they way they did about Pachuca?

I'm going to say no.

8. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bro, America is barely able to compete in Mexico LOL

9. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Rep for being truthful :D

The interview was good though, all this reassures what we all know.

10. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Why didn't he choose Chivas or Monterrey? Joserra is just an ass.

11. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    BINGO!!!

Its not just them, its all the moron amarillistas on ESPN, When Pachuca lost to Mazembe they all had a field day with all the trash talking of Mexican football.

all the Mexican football is so mediocre remarks and that stupid question for a survey is this the level of Concacaf.

Inter de Porto Alegre also lose to Mazembe and of course they are hypocrites, they wont dare say the same things or ask is this the pathetic level of Conmebol for people to vote on:D

facking amarillistas only like talking bad about our football

12. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    carillo has to GTFO picante. dude is delusional, no wonder mexico failed.

13. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Yeah I know !!! The things he says are ridiculous !!!!
    He still says he wanted Sabah, and Gringo Castro as starters!!
    He also says Chicharo was too young, and then goes of to say Guille wasn't in shape physically AND mentally. WTF !!!!???!!

He also keeps saying Nery would have been ready in those 4 months and could have made a difference.

and when they played Chicharo as enganche behind Guille in the match against France, for who knows what reason!

I honestly can't understand how this guy was part of the NT AND wanted to be the head coach.

14. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...wow, that guy is ridiculous

15. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great hour with Jared Borgetti yesterday. He should replace Carrillo.

16. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    There are moments where he makes good points and then there are moments like a few nights ago when he makes stupid comments....like the nery one. He should just stick to analyzing games.

y que Chivas tenia equipo para ganarle al Internacional :D

but seriously the Nery and Guishe thing threw me for a loop.

17. quijas

quijas Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    nery would have done more than stupid franco even with his shit form ofcourse chicharo would have just been the smart and best move to have as a start and any one but conejo at goal also ever putting osorio at cb when moreno was playing good

18. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    It's funny how these journalists (and Borgetti) wash their hands saying Chicharito should've started in the WC and they all forget that he was injured in April and it took him quite a bit of time to regain his fitness, let alone his form.

It wasn't until the very last preparation games that Javier started to look like his old self.

Matter of fact, I remember plenty of people shittin' on the kid for missing sitters against Ecuador, Chile and Italy.

19. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

fyp

20. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Choosing Guishe was stupid......choosing Nery would have also been stupid.

21. xGZx

xGZx New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I dont think that el guille is that bad of a player like everybody is making it seem, in fact i think it should of been both guille and chicharo up front after vela got injured and change the formation to a 442 with guardado in the left wing and gio on the right and guille un paco retrasado so he can feed balls to cheech. Weather you guys like it or not i'm sure guille would have done a better job than cuau or bofo in the last 2 games

22. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All three of them were poor.

23. xGZx

xGZx New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

But Guille was the least poor of the three

24. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Guille was coming off a decent season with West Ham so it's understandable that Vasco would start him ahead of Javier. Even now, Chicharito hasn't really excelled as a lone 9 so there is not much reason to believe he would've done so up top during the WC, especially given how anemic our midfield was during the tourney, creating only a handful of chances for the forwards.

Hindsight is of course 20/20 at this point but some of those decisions appear to have had some rationale behind it. I know most will disagree but I certainly don't think Vasco is the anti-christ.

He gambled and he lost.....we all did.

25. xGZx

xGZx New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Aguirre's biggest flaw was not having enough confidence in some of his players which would explain some of his wacky line ups