ESPN Euro 2012 Broadcast

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Sam Hamwich, Jun 8, 2012.

1. snahdog

snahdog Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Atlanta
    Agreed. I can't especially stand it when they come up with random praises to boost up the English team, i.e. "Stevie G with a true captain's performance"... I never heard them apply that to anybody but an English player and many of the other countries' captains have played much better.

2. epugnac

epugnac Member

May 29, 2012
    Ian Darke has become increasingly annoying to me. Most of the time, it seems like he is not calling the game, but is loudly blabbering about useless trivia. He does not stay quiet for 10 seconds so that we can pay better attention to the game.

Derek Rae is an excellent with with the commentary: he does everything right. Adrian Healey is quite good as well.

The studio parts are very shallow and superficial, especially Lalas, who I feel does not have enough credibility on this sport. To compare, the English pundits are so much more informative during stuff like Match of the Day.

3. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already tired of both of them.

4. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. 19kilo

19kilo New Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taylor Twellman needs to go. I cant stand when studio types turn the analysis into a forum to prove their opinion is right to placate their own ego. Twellman nor Lalas have the cache and credibility.

6. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    I agree that when I saw Twellman as one of the two Americans (Keller the other) selected as color commentators I was very disappointed. Twellman's MLS insights are uninformed opion rants that are only heard because the mike was left on. Just as zebra's can't change their stripes, so to does Twellman gives a lot of opinion. But then that is his job. But Twellman has done two things in this tourney so far that McMan and Mustoe will never do; admit a mistake and venture a prognostication about what he would going forward. Not just spin what just happened.

Still, there are much better commentators available then Twellman.

7. MNToonFan

MNToonFan New Member

May 4, 2011
    Crystal, MN
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree with both comments here. For me Ballack has been the best commentator so far. He keeps his comments short and too the point, and he kind of just tells it like it is. His bad defending comment at half time was great.