ESPN: 30 for 30

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Matrim55, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The next new installment in the series (No Más) debuts on Tuesday, October 15th at 8pm ET / 5pm PT on ESPN and ESPN-HD.

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The next new installment in the series (Big Shot) debuts on Tuesday, October 22nd at 8pm ET / 5pm PT on ESPN and ESPN-HD.

-G

3. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoyed the Sugar Ray Leonard and Duran one. I wish Duran would have just admitted he was beaten and humiliated and decided to quit instead of still blaming stomach cramps.

4. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No mas was a waste of my time. It was all hyped up but no closure.

5. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Can't wait for the John Spano one.

6. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    So....mixed reviews on No Mas.

Definitely watching Spanos tonight.

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The next new installment in the series (This Is What They Want) debuts on Tuesday, October 29th at 8pm ET / 5pm PT on ESPN and ESPN-HD.

-G

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The next new installment in the series (Bernie and Ernie) debuts on Tuesday, November 5th at 8pm ET / 5pm PT on ESPN and ESPN-HD.

-G

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The next new installment in the series (Youngstown Boys) debuts on Saturday, December 14th at 9pm ET / 6pm PT on ESPN and ESPN-HD.

-G

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The next new installment in the series (The Price of Gold) debuts on Thursday, January 16th at 9pm ET / 6pm PT on ESPN and ESPN-HD.

-G

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The next new installment in the series (Requiem For The Big East) debuts on Sunday, March 16th at 9pm ET / 6pm PT on ESPN and ESPN-HD.

-G

12. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    This could potentially be interesting, but reading the description lowered my expectations. The director is a Georgetown fan. It sounds like it will be another basketball focused film driven by basketball coaches interviews. It's hard to look forward to another romanticized account of the Big East that ignores the conferences primary problems were there in its creation.

13. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, but as a child of the ACC who was one of those initially so threatened by the creation of the Big East, and yet came to share that romanticized remembrance of the Big East, it's gonna be nostalgic take. I'm actually looking forward to catching this one. It'll be fun to see Chris Mullin in his mullet...

14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm an ACC lifer. I was giddy when Virginia Tech finally made it in (Virginia Tech had been trying since the conference was formed of teams were splitting from the Southern Conference and not just in the 2000s like some Tobacco Road people like to think). Especially as a fan of all sports (especially football) and not just basketball, I didn't always have the rosiest of takes on the Big East and how unequal it was. Coming from the DC area, of course I watched and liked those John Thompson Georgetown teams, but never fell in love with the conference.

Auriaprottu and Val1 repped this.
  15. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Playboy Red Devil repped this.
  16. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cannot wait to watch Hillsborough. I have watched all of them (long films), and by far the best is Two Escobars.

As a Manchester United fan, I hope one day there will be a 30 for 30 on the Busby and Munich tragedy.

17. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just finished watching 9.79 great doc IMO. Carl Lewis looked bad to me IMO and I felt a lot of sympathy toward Johnson. The whole point was a pox on all their houses however somebody took the fall and became a devil (Johnson) and somebody skated and became an angel (Lewis).

18. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Carl Lewis and all the American athletes. Their is a reason why their positive results were shredded during the 84 LA games.

19. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I really liked The Two Escobars myself. Seems like they did one on Munich already, but I could be wrong. I don't expect to see anything on the United plane crash from ESPN- there wouldn't have been any real recognition of either Escobar on these shores if Andres had scored that OG in, say, an Atletico Nacional match instead of at the World Cup.

20. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just saw the ghost of ole miss great film.

21. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have decided to offer a summer course called "30 for 30: Sports Docs and Global Themes." I have no idea if people will enroll or not as it would only count as general credits rather than to a particular requirement, but hey, it's summer and I am ready to see what comes of it.

22. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Where do you teach?

23. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Shit I would take that class in a heart beat and set the curve.

24. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Many fond memories of the Big East. Pretty strong from top to bottom back then. Gtown, SJU, 'Cuse, BC Providence, Pitt, 'Nova, Seton Hall. I remember watching Pat Ewing as a freshman and he was a BEAST. Dude would swat balls into the 10th row like nothing. John Thompson had to remind him that it was a 40 minute game and not to burn up all his energy in the first 10 minutes. Sartorial points for the undershirts which all the youth players of the time copied instantly.

[​IMG]

Here are the Best Frosh of all time according to SI. Patrick was a force unlike any other IMO.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...011/cbb.best.freshman.all.time/content.1.html

25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    JT used to have him block early shots knowing they would be goal tending just to intimidate the other team. I loved that.