Eriq Zavaleta

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by USFootiefan1980, Feb 28, 2014.

1. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, Chivas USA fan here, I come in peace. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of Eriq Zavaleta. It would seem he was just signed on loan to Chivas. The press release says he is both a defender and a forward, and I am curious, where do you guys think he plays best? A defender/forward that's a strange combo, especially for a profession (though he is young, I suppose.) Anyway, thank you for your time.

2. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    From what I understand the only time Zavaleta saw significant time at CB was with the U.S. youth national team. I assuming because he is tall and fairly mobile. Sigi tried him out there when he first joined the Sounders, but that didn't seem to last long. He played forward for the reserve team last season and Sigi has made a few comments here and there that he sees Zavaleta more as a forward.

USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  3. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Bump. I'm also curious about Zavaleta. What's the latest on him at Seattle? Has he been playing games and performing well or? :)

5. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is currently at Chivas USA you would need to go ask them how he is doing I don't think anyone here is really following him, TBH.

6. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ooh my bad, thank you very much.

edwardgr repped this.
  7. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @La Trucha I should have been more specific, he is on loan at CUSA, but I still get the feeling not many here are actively following his exploits there. I would in fact be surprised if he returns from the loan, as there just does not appear to be room for him.

8. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering Chivas is now 20 games into their season and Zavaleta only has 8 starts in 9 appearances.. I'm going to say things aren't going well for him down in LA.

But yes, Eriq was sent off to the MLS equivalent of Siberia and he hasn't taken advantage of it.. I really don't see him coming back from the loan, or really continuing his career in MLS..

edwardgr repped this.