EPL Replays in Philly

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by dban, Nov 17, 2003.

1. dban

dban Member

May 20, 2003
    PhillyBurbs - Delawareside
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've watched a few good EPL replays on Weds nights over the last two months on CSN. The last two weeks the EPL game has not been shown even though listed by Soccertv.com. Does anyone know what the disconnect is here?

Soccertv.com lists Liverpool v. ManU on 11/19 at 8P on CSN. I figure the odds of seeing this game are not good.

2. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    The listings on soccerTV.com were in error.

CSN Philly does NOT have room for EPL in November with NBA, NHL, and College Basketball all in full swing.

If you want EPL, get FOX Sports World, which is available via satellite TV in Philly.

Comcast will not carry FOX Sports World in Philly as long as FOX can't find a way to force Comcast to carry FOX Sports World.

Comcast owns a competing international sports channel in Outdoor Life Network (OLN), which carries Tour de France among other international sports products.

3. dban

dban Member

May 20, 2003
    PhillyBurbs - Delawareside
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "CSN Philly does NOT have room for EPL in November with NBA, NHL, and College Basketball all in full swing."

This is a good point, the Sixers play 11/19 so EPL is out, makes sense. Last week though, the Sixers/Flyers/College Hoops did not play and they showed some crap show, can't even remember what it was. Do they need to commit to showing EPL every week or not at all, I mean these games are usually more than a week old.

Looking into the Satellite but it's hard to justify $44 for COMCAST(like to watch the Phils/Sixers/Flyers) and another $40+ for SatTV, that's a big bill.

4. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    CSN as in Comcast Sports Net? It shows the EPL?

5. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comcast has added FSW Espanol to it's digital spanish package about a month ago. They show the same amount of EPL matches as FSW except not all telecasts are live.