EPL Officially to NBC

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by southboound24, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I believe it's OnDemand >> HD >> Sports >> Premier League Live Matches

2. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Still find it obnoxious that they can't stick the games on normal channel numbers. Can't be that hard for them to air on the not in use Extra Innings/Center Ice/League Pass/Direct Kick channels. Sucks not being able to flip around, and the feed was 4 minutes behind for me on Saturday.

3. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It makes no sense when the parent company of NBC Sports can't make it as convenient as rival providers.

4. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Most forwards will go down in the box when a defender has both hands on the forward's back and pushes. Yes, Suarez goes down way too much in general, but the no call that Howard commented on was a stone-cold PK for me.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The boy who cried wolf theory. When a player goes down consistently like someone shot him in the leg he loses all credibility. Even if it is a fault.

6. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NBC Universal Presents Unprecedented Coverage Of Premier League's "Championship Sunday" On May 11.

9:00 am ET - Premier League LIVE pre-match show on CNBC featuring Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Mustoe, and Robbie Earle. (Not on NBCSN? What are they showing a Formula One Auto Race that morning? They can't throw that on CNBC? It should be Premier League only on NBCSN on the final day of the season.)

10:00 am ET - Matches on the following channels - NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, MSNBC, USA, Bravo, Syfy, Esquire Network, E!, Oxygen plus Telemundo* and mun2* - *Spanish-language telecast.

12:00 pm ET - Premier League LIVE post-match show on both NBC and NBCSN with Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Mustoe, and Robbie Earle.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...remier-leagues-championship-sunday-on-may-11/

bigtw64 repped this.
  7. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The ten fixtures for the final day --

Cardiff City v Chelsea
    Fulham v Crystal Palace
    Hull City v Everton
    Liverpool v Newcastle United
    Manchester City v West Ham United
    Norwich City v Arsenal
    Southampton v Manchester United
    Sunderland v Swansea City
    Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa
    West Bromwich Albion v Stoke City

TJNash and bigtw64 repped this.
  8. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    If the games are assigned based on their significance, at this point, it would be fair to say that man utd will end up on Oxygen. If this was Fox, I am sure that they would find a reason why man utd game is still the most important of all 10 games.

9. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Pretty sure Newcastle will be on NBC or NBCSN :D

Thx,

Jay!

10. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just noticed no MOTD on NBCSN for saturday's matches. Really? Couldnt they find another channel to stick it on? Or at least expand sunday's MOTD to 2hrs to accommodate both days?

11. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the Grand Prix of Spain is that weekend.

I'm sure NBC could show F1 on CNBC, but it seems they are prioritizing an actual live sporting event of one of the biggest sports in the world over a studio show.

Why is that a bad decision? Seems smart to me.

Rivaldinho and TJNash repped this.
  12. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Because other sports contracts don't count but soccer contracts are written in blood. This one of the things that gets to me most about this forum. MOTD is not on this week because NBCSN has two live NHL games running into the Grand Prix this Saturday night. There would be no issue if we all thought logically but we don't.

13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not just this forum. Cycling fans were screaming bloody murder two Sundays ago when NBC Sports didn't show live coverage of Paris-Roubaix, instead choosing to show the Man City-Liverpool game with Paris-Roubaix delayed until the next day. Some of the fans couldn't figure out why Man City-Liverpool was more important than the biggest one-day race on the cycling calendar...

14. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I didn't know that there were cycling fans that survived the armstrong crisis. I really thought that had killed them all. Fan means fanatic and I understand that but this forum seems to have warped priorities. even your cycling example is about a LIVE event I was more talking about the people bitching about the ancillary programming.

JasonMa repped this.
  15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a cycling fan. ;)

16. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Good to know I was at one time too. I can't sit through it anymore not enough happens.

17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, that was pretty bush league production from the folks in Stamford. At 83' of SFC-EFC, they lose the UK feed (so they said later)... so what do they do? Put on 2 mins of ads. Hello? In the middle of the match?! No "experiencing technical difficulties" screen?? No throwing it back to the studio team?! I can't even recall the jokers at FOX ever doing anything quite like this.

JayRockers! repped this.
  18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Also no signal for the WBA-West Ham and Stoke - Spurs matches either for the first 15 or so minutes. Of course March-April are always the worst months for satellite disruption.

JayRockers! repped this.
  19. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    +1

The in-studio host on FOX always was ready at the mic. Also, there's been plenty of games that GOLTV and beIN lost the feed and had B-roll crowd shots ready to play over Ray and Phil's blather.

Thx,

Jay!

20. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I recall they used the BT Sport feed earlier in the season when they had technical issues

21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At 72' of LFC-CFC we got a brief gift... 1 minute of failed commentary feed. Just crowd noise. Oh how refreshing. Sorry Arlo. ;).

22. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Thought Tim really came into his own today as an announcer in Man City-Crystal Palace. Consistently gave the game-inside-the-game insight that I want from a commentator. That said, a little biased to (or at least impressed by) Man City. He could work on that. He could stand to watch a Ray Hudson montage to develop a little bit of pep, too.

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He provides good information. But his voice and tone is sometimes hard to listen to. I know substance should be priority over presentation but this is television after all.

24. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Timmy will improve over time, and will be a top analyst by the time his playing days are done. I suspect he'll be more 'coachable' than Gujo.

25. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    I don't think losing the feed was their fault, but mismatched audio seems to be running rampant lately. Both ahead and behind the action.