England's November 2013 friendly double header vs Chile & Germany thread [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Nov 13, 2013.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    [​IMG]

v

[​IMG]

Record - Played 5, Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 1. Scored 4, Conceded 3.

Goalscorers - Wilf Mannion, Stan Mortensen, Nat Lofthouse and Tommy Taylor.

HeartandSoul, The Potter and JAIME CHILE repped this.
  2. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Should be an open fun game. More experimental for us hopefully.

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    they are a nice side that play attacking football, like most sa teams

I bet we get one in our group~!

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  4. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    With the injuries.. I would hope to see something like this for the two games. Assuming the injured players are fit for the Germany game, I would rather experiment against Chile .

v Chile

---------------Forster
    Johnson--Jones--Smalling--Baines
    ----------Wilshere--Cleverley
    Townsend----Barkley-----Lallana
    ------------Sturridge

v Germany (mostly full team, would like to see how we do with our likely first team, unless anyone new impresses v Chile)

-----------------Hart
    Walker-----Cahill---Jagielka----Cole
    -----------Gerrard--Wilshere
    Townsend------Rooney----Welbeck
    --------------Sturridge

5. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Chile's best player Arturo Vidal has been sent back to Italy as the thigh injury he received in the weekend match against Napoli needs al least 8 days of rest to heal. :/

Chile's number 10 (and most creative player) Valdivia is also in doubt.

Apart from that, the rest look fit and ready. Should be a tough test to whoever replaces them. My guess is Matias Fernandez for Valdivia and Aranguiz for Vidal.

Also, there is a made-up interview going around with Alexis describing England as 'soft' and unlikely to win the world cup. This interview is 100% false according to his agent and Alexis has already gone out of his way to deny it.

Despite this, this article has reached the ears of England players:

England striker Lambert welcomed the barb. He said: "You can't really buy motivation like that to be honest. It is his opinion, and we will take it on board and we will be looking forward to the game on Friday."

Ups... we might get a bit more than a 'friendly'... I hope for no injuries. Specially since we have Brazil next (and England have Germany).

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    matias fernandes was a big prospect at villareal, what happened to him? still at sporting?

7. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think there are many people in England who would disagree with that anyway.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  8. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    He's gone to Fiorentina (5th in Serie A, 1pt behind Inter) who have been buying good players like crazy, he is a rotation player and only a sure starter in Europa League matches.

He never quite matched the expectations everyone had of him, but he is still above average, specially when he plays for the NT. He's 27 and should be hitting his peak form for the World Cup.

True, Chile doesn't have much of a chance either, also it's not something you want to say before a match, the worst thing to do in sports is to have a dig at the opposition, it just motivates your opponent and backfires more often than not. I'm now a bit worried Lambert might get fired up and kick the shit out of Alexis in the first set piece they get together... not something Chile or Barça need right now (what with Messi's injury).

9. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hey Lambert: blame to the "Daily Express" for that fake interview.

Probable XI:

Bravo;
    Medel, González, Jara;
    Isla, Aránguiz, Díaz, Mena,
    Fernández;
    Sánchez, Vargas.

C: Sampaoli(Arg).

10. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Some very well-known Chelsea fans showed their support for Chile last week:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at the small badge on his jacket:cool:
    [​IMG]

11. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Who is it?

12. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Serious?

They're Damon Albarn, Phil Daniels, Dave Rowntree and Graham Coxon, from Blur.:thumbsup:

13. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Ah, not my area of expertise. Didn't know they were still going.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  14. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    - Alexis Samchez

- Alexis Samchez

what do you think about these comments ?

15. Stretch Armstrong

Jan 15, 2004
    Always had a soft spot for Chile and they were my South American team of choice back in the heyday of my Pro Evolution Career - we won the lot.

Valdivia was a particular favorite, shame his career has been blighted by injuries and some questionable career moves.

Matias Fernandez looked such a talent as a youngster - I expected much bigger things from him.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  16. Stretch Armstrong

Jan 15, 2004
    A
    So they are quite popular in Chile?

17. Stretch Armstrong

Jan 15, 2004
    I don't like how he comes across but there is of course some truth in what he says.

Look at the desire & toughness in someone like Luis Suarez - his playing style and attitude is a clear reflection of his upbringing.

But I've had my fill of Scott Parkers - good to see some nancy boys with good technique coming through.

18. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #18 JAIME CHILE, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    As we said yesterday, Alexis Sánchez never said that. The Daily Express invented that interview.

They're quite popular in Chile and in many countries in all the continents of course:thumbsup:(except in the u.s.a.), as the World Tour 2013 is demonstrating (full venues and stadiums in SouthAmerica, Europe and Asia). Blur music sounds everyday since 1991 in Chilean radios, pubs and clubs, and there were 25,000 Chilean fans last thursday (including me), whom travelled from very distant cities of the north and south of Chile to attend the show in Santiago.:thumbsup:

Stretch Armstrong repped this.
  19. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Didnt know that Blur were still going!!!

in the mid 1990s ,I was a fan.

Stretch Armstrong and JAIME CHILE repped this.
  20. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yeah, in fact the World Tour going to continue in January 2014 in Japan and Australia.

"This is a Low" last thursday in Chile:cool:

I hope they'll record a new album or a new single next year.:thumbsup:

Stretch Armstrong and sinner78 repped this.
  21. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I get the feeling Chilean fans are going to be let down by this game as a spectacle. The England line-up is likely going to be experimental with all eyes on the Germany game next week. You'll probably win though, so swings and roundabouts I suppose!

22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Lambert now out of this game. Sturridge not ruled out yet but possible. So that is Welbeck, Carrick, Gerrard, Walker and Lambert now out.

Lampard to captain the team and his kids will be mascots. He'll also be awarded his 100th cap by his father and Sir Geoff Hurst. Nice touch.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Hodgson didn't give much away about the team selection. The main points were -

Joe Hart will not play against Chile.

Lampard will captain the team against Chile.

Baines and Cole will start one of each of these two games.

Lallana and Rodriguez will feature in the Chile game. Didn't mention whether starting or off the bench.

He hopes and expects Gerrard, Walker and Lambert to all be fit for the Germany game.

24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sanchez is a good player but seems a bit of a diving twat, doesn't seem to be a bonfied barca level player either

25. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I don't know any Mr Samchez, but he is allowed to say whatever he wants.

I do know of an Alexis Sanchez who has denied giving that interview and is looking forward to playing against a strong England side. :D

I think fans will be let down if England field a weaker side, but ultimately some modifications are expected as these are friendlies after all... it's already a shame Gerrard can't make it.