England vs. Orange, Friendly: Wednesday 29/02/12, 21:00 [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Agree with all points but:

Tackle that delivers the outbreak: De Jong

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR7ndK2FFnY"]‫??? ????? ???????? ?? ???????‬‎ - YouTube[/ame]

I think he was pretty decent.

On another note:

We have no losing record anymore against England. Hunted by some results caused by the later pro football development of the Netherlands, but we came back from that and it's 5 won, 5 lost and 9 draw. Carry on :D.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Could be something to try, but I really think that the only running 10 can be Afellay. From that kid on, everybody is to big of a drop off compared to Wesley.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    TFC Ajax, what did you think about the Holland kit?

I thought on the field it was pretty cool, though when I saw it on a doll or not carried by a player a huge minus compared to the old ones of around 2006 I believe.

4. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I thought Emanuelson was pretty decent, but he needs more confidence. He could've shoot on goal in the box, but decided to pass it unto Robben who was surprised by the gesture and it ended up wrong.

How funny is it btw. that now that he plays in Italy people (and by that I mean foreigners like the Brits) are really getting into him. Most didn't even know that he was Dutch and were calling him the Milan wonderkid. :p

Does anyone else keep forgetting that we are in a group with Germany, Portugal and Denmark? Bert better up their game or Oranje will be out in the 1st round. Please dear God make sure that Robben and Sneijder are healthy and in top form by then. :eek:

5. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    When I first saw it when it was released I didn't like it. Black isn't Dutch like the baby blue of the 2008 away jerseys or the 2010 red white & blue. However after seeing it on the players in a game I love it. The black makes the orange on the numbers, logo & right shoulder pop right out and IMO even looks intimidating. I have to give props to Nike for making a jersey that looks really modern but not cheesy & that I can Identify as being Dutch.

For the home jerseys I hope they do white numbers like at euro 2008. What do you want for the home ones?

6. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This is slightly unrelated to the match but Robben gave an interview to Dutch journalists. Can anyone find it??

He basically said he wants to win with oranje & is very dissapointed that he missed Multiple games in the last 2 years with Oranje.

Now the main part was he said he felt loved & wanted in Oranje & felt the training has confidence in him. Now this could be a direct shot on Bayern Munich. If this goes & given his brilliant display multiple clubs could be interested in him & he could get a move on.

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It was much worse that interview. He took a shot at Heyneckes. He said that at Oranje he gets trust and that this is different than at Bayern. I almost felt, he could not express how happy he was to play with these boys. It was touching.

I am curious, if the man of the match vote was only open for Englishmen, because if not, then the vote for Sturridge makes no sense if you look at Robben. I really hope this (only open for Englishmen) is true.

8. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sturridge got MOM?? Are you kidding me??? It does not matter,sorry to say. The commentators were ridiculously sucking up to the English. They achieve 0 & have a huge superiority complex,the English.

It does not matter. The whole world saw it & are talking it as the Robben game & how he still has it.

Robben has always given his best for country. If NT football had anywhere as much money as CLUB he would gladly ditch Club Football. You could see his passion,you can see that in Sneijder,you can see that in Huntelaar,even Kuyt even if he is 0 skillfully. These men will give everything for their country,play with broken bones if needed.

Taking a shot against Heyneckes was pretty fair. He has no trust in anybody,constantly changes,tactically 0 & the worst he is a 66 year old German so is mad about making Bayern a feeder to the German NT.

I said this FLAT OUT that he is no finished. He is mis-used. When he will go back to Oranje with players who like him,with sane TACTICS & a coach who trusts he will Destroy defenses like he used to.

9. Eric_the_Orange

Sep 3, 2005
    Good for Robben, showing Bayern and all his teammates, the fans, and media what kind of player he is today.

Keep backing losers like Ribery over Arjen, and you'll get what you deserve while Robben plays world-class football elsewhere, Bayern.

I think they'll do black numbers for the home. These kits seem to be all orange and black, which is unfortunate because the subtle white details from the last kits looked really great to me.

I haven't cared too much for the red, white, and blue uniforms, so I'm glad Nike changed it up with these black ones. They look really sharp. And when you have home and away kits that are interchangeable, you can have some cool combinations. All black looks good, but black shirts and shorts with orange socks might look OK, too.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Spot on. Couldn't said it better. I even got angry at the maker, even before Dutch pundits started to bash it as I was maybe the first one to post it here. Now .... I have this line in my head seeing my NT wearing it:

Netherlands, come for the sexy, stay for the awesome. :D

Netherlands looked so damn sharp in this shirt. I think I had this image of perfection in my head with those retro shirts and wanted to take that as the basis and even go full retro. When I saw this, it was so sharp in contrast with that idea, that I immediately vocalised my disappointment.

[​IMG]

Even if I see Sneijder solo in it, I am not that impressed (though looks already pretty cool), but when I see it on the field with 10 (9) others, it's like a pack of wolves and as you say, the black somehow, accentuates the Orange details with a factor 3, making it very Orange at the same time.

Well I am a retro guy if it comes to Dutch NT shirts, but that won't go with these away model, so looking at the 2008 kit I would love that. I also hold more special memories to Euro 2008 than at the WC 2010.

[​IMG]

Yeah looks good. Would love that.

11. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If you ever visit the forums of EPL clubs you should see their hate for the English national team due to club rivalries, it's weird.

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hmm, those are the most fanatic club supporters. They often see country duty a liability for losing their top players and they have a bit of a point in that their club pays the player bill´s.

I don´t care so much for clubs, so for me for example even if Robben played with injury the final, it was worth him being injured for so many months. He will only play 1 WC final in his life and what problems clubs experience is their problem. All those big clubs the Dutch elite play at, have pretty much plundered Eredivisie anyway. They now start to kidnap kids at 15 or 16 years old, before signing a pro contract at a Dutch club, so they can go for cheap. The fans of these elite clubs are noting but a mirror of what kind of monster their club has become. Being obsessed with their selves and their own interest. If a NT person is showing enthusiasm for how he does at their club, they are first to call him out on fanboyism when he only mildly supports the player after a less game. Especially at the Real Madrid thread they like to do that. saw it happening with some Dutchies back in the day. If they lose a player, they will start to hate on the NT and it´s medical staff. Well they have their self interest an I have mine. Couldn´t care less for their problems.

Even when Netherlands became second there were millions of people on the street. Whole country was Orange during a tournament. In 2008 I saw footage of 150.000 people in Bern or so. Was great to see. Far more real to me, than buying players from all around the world with television money and money from sold shirts to Chinese kids, made by Chinese kids, which creates a bigger stream of money only accessible for the top teams in the big leagues. I don´t know how a club full of mercenary´s can carry local pride. They are nothing but a bunch of guys brought together by the money that community is coming up with. The dishonesty and emptiness of the system has made me care less and less for what that category of elite club fans has to say. Let them suck on that problem.

13. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Luckily, Hoeness starts to defend Robben now against charges of egoism.

But Hoeness circumvented the question who started this egoism nonsense. That was asshole Beckenbauer with his useless denigrating comments.

In 'De Volkskrant' Robben made some comments in a interview. He basically said that he disagreed and doesn't feel comfortable but also knows that you can't win a verbal war with Beckenbauer in Germany.

He has to leave, in my view.

14. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Black is a nice color but not for the NT in my view. Black is the color of aggression, of fighting. I prefer a more joyful color as away shirt, a color that does tribute to the history of Dutch football rather than the nihilistic pet project of Van Marwijk.
    I prefer a blue or white color.

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well hate to brake it to you but, but the WC under van Marwijk was not totally clean:

FIFA

[​IMG]

:(

In case you like joyful colours you must have loved Euro 2008. Looking at the second pic I added, bring a really good feeling to me. Shirts were fantastic.

This black colour had to grow on me, but I felt we looked sharp. Black is not only aggression, but also mysterious.

16. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Those stats can distort the picture of course. Spain received the fair play trophy and had 2 yellow cards before the final but that was totally implausible, ridiculous and influenced by the fact that the chairman of the ref committee was a Spaniard.

Indeed, euro2008 and WC2006 were nice away kits. They express where Holland should stand for imo, as the 'Brazilians of Europe'.

By the way, England newspapers finally notice that their youth is of high quality. The under 21 trashed Belgium with 4:0. England youth academies have looked to Spain (and hence Holland) for inspiration. They stress nowadays more and more the technique in short spaces and focus on joy instead of winning at the under-18 level (cf. youth-philosophy of Cruyff).
    A bit sad that Dutch academies has a bit moved away from their heritage while other countries have moved to 'our' direction. Hopefully Cruyff and co can keep Holland back on track.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Elo strongest country's

[​IMG]

Closing in people. Yes that is Italy in reach too.

Not unrealistic after they were beaten by the USA.

If you want to see some arrogance going flat on the face, go check out the their forum :)

Talking about arrogance. Still boggles the mind Sturridge got MOTM and not Robben. Some country's just can't get over the fact that they have to admit another team or player is better. They even played at home. Well apparently missing for open goal is rated higher in England than scoring from a 60 meter run Maradonna could not have kept up with.

Arjen Robben: Club form can change maybe a bit from time to time, his class is permanent.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    What makes you think the Dutch academies have moved away from their heritage? The strength of Dutch football lies in the strength of the amateur football infrastructure. That's what the English need to revamp, if anything.

Last night's game underscores what I've told you before. The English have diabolical on the ball skills compared to the Dutch. And lets not even get into the positional awareness issue. Parker and his midfield team mates picking up the ball from his back line and as a result a huge gap between defence and midfield. This is schoolboy stuff.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    What makes you think the Dutch academies have moved away from their heritage? The strength of Dutch football lies in the strength of the amateur football infrastructure. That's what the English need to revamp, if anything.

Last night's game underscores what I've told you before. The English have diabolical on the ball skills compared to the Dutch. And lets not even get into the positional awareness issue. Parker and his midfield team mates picking up the ball from his back line and as a result a huge gap between defence and midfield. This is schoolboy stuff.

20. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Youth-coordinators like Jan Olde Riekerink. Who was employed at Ajax but what he did was not very dissimilar to what other academies do and did. Therefore, Riekerink was quite surprised that all the attention was directed at him, as if he followed an obscure philosophy. He didn't.

Luckily, Cruijff started a war and is trying to save us once again.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    So what you actually meant to say was Ajax moved away from its heritage.

22. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    That is where the attention is going to, as always. But that doesn't mean that other Dutch clubs do something totally different.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh come on. All of the top sides in Holland have (extremely) young players in key positions. Youth development is the life blood of Dutch football, it's not like Dutch clubs can even afford not to let that be a priority.

If anything youth development in this country continues to professionalise with clubs merging their youth teams and such. Ajax has its problems but Dutch football doesn't revolve around Ajax.

24. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And which of those young talents will grow out to be world class? I don't see them...

25. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Youth Development is not at its best.

Koppers,Anita,Willems,Pieters,Braafheid,Urby,Drenthe all played LB at some point of time.

None of them have taken the final step. Some are defensively not good enough to play LB anymore.

Players like Afellay & Elia are not making it to the Elite List. Twente might be satisfied with a Luk De Jong or a Ola John but oranje is not. There is no Robben,Sneijder,Van Persie coming through. WHat happens when these guys retire??

VDW is the only Decent Young talent who I have hope for. Sad Sad time for Oranje.