England vs. Orange, Friendly: Wednesday 29/02/12, 21:00 [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This. But the Elite is PURE TOP CLASS elite. RVP,Hunter,Sneijder,Robben are the best in their field.

No body bashed De Jong apart from me,surprising. Vlaar got horriblye exposed as did Pieters. Schaars was a HUGE upgrade over him. Emanuelson is not NT quality even though 15 mins is too less to judge. Big STEP DOWN from Sneijder.

2. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bert did not deserve this victory.

3. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Van Bommel was brilliant.

We can win the European Championship on the brilliance of Arjen Robben, to be honest. Could've even scored that goal against Spain, it's all within reach based on his fitness and form. That's not even an exaggeration.

Our defense was horrid, but then again... was Ronald Koeman even better than a decent defender in his hay day? Dutch will never be able to defend. Thank God for van Bommel and Nigel.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Van Bommel is important to this team right now whether you like it or not. I don't get why De Jong played rather than Strootman, and I say this while I don't particularly rate Strootman. Against the likes of England you don't need another bully (sorry England, but that's the truth).

I thought overall we didn't do so badly. It was better than I thought it would be anyway. Robben proving the wrong of Bayern Munich thats for certain. And Van Persie proving that the premiership is overrated.

5. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    People slagging off Van Persie again have obviously not watched the game or are as clueless as Van Marwijk.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Speak your mind ....

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Big respect to the Bommel. Our bad defence justifies Van Marwijk playing two defensive mids really. Nigel de Jong though, sorry but computer says no.

8. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    So you point??? I thought MVB started off badly but he was damn really good. I said he made a great clearance of a corner & a 5 star Interception. And he was Leader on the pitch. He had 2 weak moments,1 free header in corner & a couple of back-passes which were un-necessary.

And He could have done more for the 2nd goal which was Vlaar-Mathijsn's fault 80% & De Jong 15%.

So??? De Jong was shit. I love Strootman as a player. He is Amazingly quick for a CM & has got fantastic vision & a good shot. Very Handy player. Better than anything Twente has got if I may add. I also wanted Ola to get some minutes.

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He didn't get any service but the whole point of him getting favoured over Huntelaar is that he's a more alround footballer. I'm a big Van Persie fan but he did not show his added value as an alround footballer tonight. He's clearly focused on the Arsenal.

10. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not a position of luxury since neither are real defensive mids, they just became ones over time. The Eredivisie inherently does not create any defensive mids since we just don't do any defending in the Eredivisie, period.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van Bommel also had that awful pass back that Mathijsen tried to safe. I don't feel so save when he passes. I heard veronica has a stat site. Does anybody found it?

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    What are you getting agitated about seeing that we pretty much agree? Strootman has shown in the Dutch league that he struggles under pressure. Judging on his PSV form of late he seems to be a fair weather footballer. When his team does well, he does well, but when his team gets in a slump, he just gets frustrated and can't get them out of it. Van Marwijk probably agrees seeing that he favoured De Jong.

13. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I watched the WHOLE GOD DAMN match from 1st till last. RVP got no service & I said it. Sneijder played a million passes to Kuyt which Kuyt wasted. Having said that RVP's movement was not exceptional. Hunter opened up space for Robben with his movement,something RVP could not.

RVP was physically dominated. Hunter got 0 service as well. That goal came out of nothing.

Having said that he was not BAD. But he was nothing Exceptional,certainly no RVP like in Arsenal curving the ball into the Tottenham net. Did you see that 1 shot he skied??? From the Robben pass inside the box. That was worse than a Charlie Adam penalty.

He is a good player but he chokes in important situations,could not get the ball even into the net to atleast WORK the GK.

14. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree. But he should not have started Strootman against Germany & made him a scapegoat in a match where everyone sucked.

Strootman was rushed but he did FANTASTIC. He is still 21-22 odd I guess. He has to be played. I am okay with De Jong Starting. But Give him 15-20 minutes. Bert plays Vlaar but not him,is a HUGE JOKE.

PSV's defense I dont want to even comment. Lets not even get into that

15. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not seeing what the entire country sees, which is that Kuyt does not deserve to start. That one good cross on Huntelaar doesn't change that. Playing both De Jong and Van Bommel, who both can't build up, causing Sneijder to drop back again and Van Persie to stand on an island between six English defenders. We won because of two flashes of brilliance from Robben, which hides the fact that for 60 minutes we could not create anything against an English B side, while having the current best striker in the world playing with Sneijder and Robben behind him.

He didn't even bring in Ola John or Narsingh, which means Bert does not just play Kuyt because he likes him, he kept him in because he actually thinks Kuyt brings something to the table. Let's not get into his supposed workrate again either, because Robben worked twice as hard as Kuyt today.

16. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    NOPE. That was De Jong. Out of the back-passes 9 out 10 came from De Jong. I followed it. Mark in the begining made such passes but gradually he turned & twisted & made some good forward passes too.

De Jong played at RDM where Mark plays & he made atleast 3-4 Back-passes to Mathijsen which were unwarranted & should have NOT been made & cause trouble.

17. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    We do but the Dutch school of football is ruled by the likes of DRB300 who would rather see defenders do a Cruyff turn than do something constructive defensively. There is a defensive mid without an ego who is rated the best midfielder in the Dutch league over the past three years. He'll never be called up for Holland proper though.

18. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ohh plz. RVP failed to open up space too & had an atrocious shot. THE BUIlD up is a problem. DE JONG cant play beside Mark. It kills the whole attack.

But Sneijder did NOT drop too deep. More than half the time he was a 2nd ST. I found him as much around the penalty box as RVP. Their styles just dont mesh. And Sneijder played passes with MVB,RObben & Kuyt all of whom kind of refused to pass the ball to Van Persie. RObben & Mark atleast did. But Kut & Sneijder barely passed to RVP.

Sneijder & RVP just does not work.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You have to consider the opponent. If we're playing Brazil, then fine, play Nigel de Jong. England midifeld was never going to put us under much pressure though. In that respect it was strange that he didn't play Strootman.

20. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I did not even question that Madam.

My question is why not bring him on at 70-75th minute???

Players were tired,shoulders were dropping. He could have added freshness,speed & vision.

And Vlaar should not play. Badly Exposed. Completely out of Depth at this level. Even Heitinga was so much better.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Putting this on Kuyt is simplistic at best, sorry. Kuyt wasn't anywhere near our worst player on the night. Apart from our defence, Nigel de Jong was.

That said I found it odd that he didn't give Narsingh and John any playing time. Calling them up it seems was largely a symbolic gesture.

22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Thank God for KJH and Robben! 4 games without a win would've been EMBERASSING especially against Englands B team.

Bert has no excuse for not starting Huntelaar from now on, just play them both please and ditch Kuyt.

Oranje's away kit gets a lot of love on Twitter and FB. As much as I hate our new home jersey I think I might cop the away one.

NDJ was pretty good I thought and works better with MVB than Strootman. How unlucky is Vlaar lol every time he get's a chance he f-ed up, Mathijssen was fuming!

23. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Kuyt was Kuyt. I get annoyed of him & I dont think he should be STARTING. But he tries & works & defends & attacks.

Great team player but too technically limited to even be a Great Winger.

24. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Again I totally agree! It seems like Van Marwijk saw this game as a potential confidence booster for Robben, that's all.

25. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yup great kit