England vs. Holland, Friendly: Wednesday 29/02/12, 20:00 Wembley, London [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Feb 22, 2012.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  3. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
  4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Capello wasn't going to pick him for the build up games. Not sure if that has changed now.

5. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought Capello said he would have picked him for the games this year?

Either way, it's nothing new, Rooney never seems to be fit when we play the top teams in friendlies. Maybe a chance to see Welbeck and Sturridge

6. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    so it begins

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Lescott has been told he wont be involved in this friendly.

8. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    so we can assume he's a shoe-in for Euro 2012 then

9. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Let him atleast play half a season, very happy that the lad has come back and looked sharp and hungry and even grabbed a couple of goals but come on he was out for 18 months.

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Why has he picked Bent on top of that too? Makes the Campbell pick even worse. Why not give someone like Danny Graham a chance instead for that place? He's done far more than Campbell.

11. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He's picked 5 full backs and so little cover at centre back too.

12. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If talking about just form and season, Holt and Graham have done fantastically. Euro isnt 2 years away, its at the end of season, nothing wrong with some in form short term options.

13. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Smalling and Richards CB partnership? Though Richards at CB is still a scare (so is Jones at the moment though).

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I would give him, Graham or even Carroll who's barely been capped a look in this game if we are looking at differing options.

No logic to keeping Bent and dropping Lescott.

15. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Oh God! Pearce says he'll take the job. This is excrutiating.

16. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Missed Graham in the post Barry, sorry had to edit.

17. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rooney call up also doesnt make sense to me, he is not going to play two very important matches, so play without him at any chance you can before you have to.

18. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Of course he will take the job. They will try to get redknapp on the cheap and when it falls through they will give it to "psycho" . He will then go on to ruin the Euro's and WC qualifying . Bernstein is the worst FA official I can ever remember .

19. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    The press are all praising Pearce's press conference now. If he gets the job that will be it for me. Will get a less painful hobby to follow like stabbing myself in the head with a fork for three hours a day :mad:

20. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
  21. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    So they have mysteriously dropped all the stuff about his clash with Ince?

Bernstein will give him the job because they wont give Redknapp the deal he wants. Then we will hear excuses about how he took a "tough job" on short notice and did the best he could ,blah blah .
    He will then take charge of our WC group and do a terrible job . It will be like the 1992/1994 period repeated again.

22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He's a good player that has been very unlucky with injuries but there is no logic to this selection at all.

He hasn't even had enough games to prove he's fit enough in the long run. It is also a kick in the teeth to those players that have been doing well.

Utterly ridiculous.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    It was mentioned and he said something like 'It was dealt with then, I was wrong and I feel bad for Paul because he would have got calls asking about it' blah blah blah.

24. Stretch Armstrong

Jan 15, 2004
    Generally I quite like it. It tempers slightly my dilemma of wanting England to do well and Pearce badly, which was already beginning to cause cognitive dissonance.

Frazier Campbell is an odd one, but he does have pace. I like Graham, but I'm not sure he would make it International level.

Would liked to have seen Caulker, but the selection seemingly guarantees Jones and Smalling will start together which can only be a good thing.