England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. blackman

blackman Member

Apr 12, 2011
    norf london
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Finally ! I consider Brandon on a technical level only inferior to Luke Shaw as LB. In my opinion he is good enough to have a career at Arsenal .

2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Devante Cole has come in to the squad. Not sure who he has replaced.

3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    James Wilson withdrew.

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Ah right. Thanks.

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    England U19s to face Turkey: Beeney, Aina, Chambers, Facey, Targett; Hayden, Swift, Baker; Murphy, Gallagher, Cole.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    England U19s subs: Reed, Walton, Robinson, Ball, Mowatt, Ormonde-Ottewill, Digby.

8. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    GOAL - on his U19s debut Devante Cole has put England 1-0 up against Turkey. 24 minutes played.

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    GOAL - U19s now lead Turkey 2-0 thanks to a @lew_baker (Lewis Baker) penalty...

10. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    GOAL - 3-0 England lead Turkey now. Aston Villa’s Callum Robinson with the third...

11. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    FT at Chester - England U19s have beaten Turkey 3-0. Devante Cole, Lewis Baker and Callum Robinson the scorers.

BlueRebelZ and thebigman repped this.
  12. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It's not of often at any level we hear a performance being described as "excellent", and "....gave England the victory their confident dynamic play richly deserved". so it's nice to hear it said about the 3-0 win.

John Swift was apparently outstanding and MoM.

13. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    You can see the goals in this video.

14. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  15. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
  16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    :) I read that last night. It's a bit of a hatchet job but I still really struggle to disregard Boothroyd's management career just because this is a different development type role. Supporters of his appointment will say he is a victim of the must win way of senior football and pressure of the sack. He had numerous chances and could have implemented a much more positive style somewhere though? Do we not need people that are prepared to sacrifice themselves to provide the right atmosphere to develop our young players at lower league level? There aren't enough clubs doing this but we reward the guy that did it right to the very depths of the football league and claim it's completely irrelevant.

Obviously I hope he does well and will have to give him a chance.

Interesting if it is true that some in the FA staff are bemused by the role. Also the hushing up of giving Charles Hughes a lifetime achievement award is quite bizarre.

17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't support his appointment so much as I just trust Ashworth. I'll happily join in the chorus of complaints if he's a failure.

18. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Doesn't surprise me Daniel Taylor has done an article like this, he noticed John Beck was teaching the Level 2 and UEFA B licence and wasn't happy at all. Personally I think the Beck appointment was worse than the Boothroyd one. If we want to have improved coaches emerging from our system then the educators need to be top notch. It would be nice to have a impressive foreign coach educator appointed to bring something new to our somewhat insular approach.

19. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Do coach educators not just teach a syllabus anyway?

20. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    There will be a syllabus given to the educators of course, they don't go in there blind to teach. But often it's in the delivery, the method of teaching and how they interact with those undertaking the course that maks a good coach educator.

21. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice hattrick today by Wilson for United U21's.

22. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wilson could be our next world class striker.

MUFC20 repped this.
  23. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    19 year old centre-mid Jamie Allen of Rochdale gets his 5th goal in 12 starts for the season. No idea if he's good enough for us just thought I'd mention it. :cool:

24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  25. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Sam Gallagher with his first PL goal.

dbs235 repped this.