England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Callum Robinson is a forward - Josh Murphy a winger.

2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    So they have picked this Gallagher lad that was with Scotland.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Why a 17 man squad?

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Just found out Loftus-Cheek was in the squad but pulled out and will be replaced soon.

5. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    With any luck he replaces R L-C with someone new, not an option we've already used before.

6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I think I would give it to Rothwell. Only had one cap at this level.

7. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Rothwell should have played more than one game at this level, he would be a good choice for a replacement. Harrop is another that might be worth looking at. I wouldn't be surprised if Digby was called up though.

I'm quite surprised we haven't had more friendlies scheduled apart from this Turkey one, there should be better preparation. Why don't we have any training camps at this level, or more friendlies? Our last game was against Hungary in November.

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    It is interesting that U19 level is the only level that has made no changes to the playing schedule. As you say no training camps either. Other levels have even been picking 20 players instead of 18 for friendlies. Has there been an U19 game at SGP yet?

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It's almost like Blake isn't all that progressive...

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Blake has been in the job for sometime now. Maybe it's time to hand over the reins to a top coach.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  11. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I would assume that Ashworth and co would put down the plans and schedule. Then the coach sticks to it. Who knows though.

12. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    The U19s haven't had a friendly at SGP yet, no. Each England youth level have been expanding their programmes, whether it be more games or a training camp here or there but the U19s have not, for whatever reason. Your right about not Blake only selecting small squads, it's just poor.

13. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Harrison Reed has been moved into the relevant midfield section on the FA website.

A bit odd looking at our defence again, we only appear to have just one left back and three right backs? Seems a little unbalanced.

14. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No Akpom is a surprise.

15. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Exactly because if Ashworth has a plan in place which he does there is no way in hell Blake or any other coach under his wing would go against it because if they did they would not be in the job for much longer, also it I think a more logical explanation would be that the clubs are pulling the players out like they did with the Montaigu tournament

16. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

MUFC1 repped this.
  17. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I suppose he might be busy being on loan at Coventry and playing for Arsenal youth teams.

18. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Really?

19. MUFC1

MUFC1 Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I recorded the United Sunderland U21 match and juist watched it. Rothwell was superb, becoming the player he threatened to be in his first year at U18 level before the injuries hit him. He sliced through Sunderland for 90 minutes solid. Him, RLC and Baker are an incredible midfield for the future. Baker and RLC have also been great recently so things are looking rosy for the U21s next season. Here are the highlights for him. The skill around 2.55 on this vid was a stand out for him in the match.

20. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Paul Digby (@PDiggers17) of @bfc_official has been added to the England U19 squad to take on Turkey in Chester on 5 March...

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Callum Robinson made the bench for Villa. Thought he might get on with the scoreline but it wasn't to be. Also Akpom started in Coventry's 0-0 against Shrewsbury.

22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Juni brought up Connor's return on twitter a few days ago -

https://twitter.com/chelseayouth/status/439839610806755330

The Guardian repped this.
  23. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  24. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Interesting Dominic Ball of Spurs is coming in to replace Leo Chambers. Ball has previously represented N.I.

25. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    and Ormonde-Ottewill in for Ibe.

Wakaredia Buker and blackman repped this.