England U-19 Discussion Thread #3 (2005 born) [R]

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Feb 22, 2011.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Yeah, Berahino can do the same.

It's just that he's picked 5 options that are more central midfield options when he could have picked someone like say off the top of my head Larnell Cole instead of one of them.

Yeah, Ismail would have been good to look at too.

2. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yeah, I now what you mean. It is a poor squad selection with the amount of players who can play in the CM position.

They won't all be able to play unless he plays a 4-3-3 and 3 start and 2 are on the bench with a shout to coming off it.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Exactly. You can also add in the fact that a few of the defenders can play midfield if needed too.

Also Thorne is already in the U19 squad and is now in this one as pretty much a spare part.

4. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Nelson was released from the Stoke Academy before he went to Plymouth. This reminds me of Nathaniel Wedderburn a little bit, as Blake was at Stoke whilst Nelson was still there before Blake left for the FA. Hopefully he turns out better...

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He's been playing alot of first team games this season tbf. Wedderburn only ever played a few games on loan in League 2 as far as I know.

The link to Blake is interesting though but I've never seen this lad play so it's hard to comment yet.

I found this on a Plymouth site from one of their fans -

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53299

6. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
  7. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Individual highlights:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJAHnqRDVTA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJAHnqRDVTA[/ame]

Also the U19s lost 3-0, Castaignos who signed for Inter scored 2

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Seems a convincing defeat that. Some bizarre selections again from Blake.

9. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    I have lost what little faith I had in Blake now. We have such a good amount of talent, but they need a good coach at the end of the day.

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    There hasn't been much at all on this game on the FA's site. They usually put up quite a bit, even for friendlies.

Positives are that it's nice to see Wisdom back playing a full game and also Gardner starting after so long out for our age groups. Kane and Garbutt getting considerable time on the pitch is good to see too.

To use a word coined by others on here I think we are carrying a bit too much 'deadwood' to expect to qualify. Shame because this seemed a promising campaign at the beginning.

11. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Forest tie up rising young defender Jamaal Lascelles

NOTTINGHAM Forest have tied highly-rated defender Jamaal Lascelles to a professional contract after an increasing number of Premier League clubs began to monitor his progress.
    The 18-year-old central defender made his debut for the England U19 side as they lost 3-0 to Holland in Amsterdam last night.
    Arsenal and West Ham are among a clutch of top-flight sides who have been showing a growing interest in the Derby-born player, who has recently been promoted to the first-team squad following a string of impressive performances for the Forest U19 and reserve teams.
    Lascelles is unlikely to make his first-team debut before the end of the campaign, barring a serious injury crisis.
    [​IMG]
    But the powerful defender is very highly regarded at the City Ground and it is hoped he will challenge for a regular place in the first team squad within the next 12 months.
    And while the likes of Arsenal and West Ham had been taking an interest in the player, Forest are determined that their own production line of talent is maintained.
    Forest have tied Lascelles – who was scheduled to have trials for the England basketball side before focusing his attention on football – to a professional contract to secure his future with the Reds, who are hopeful of producing more home-grown talent.
    One player who fits into that category, Lewis McGugan, has made a huge impact this season, leading the scoring charts for Billy Davies' side.
    And chairman Nigel Doughty has previously spoken of the club's high hopes for the next crop of youth players coming through the Wilford Lane academy, who are regarded as the most promising generation to progress through the system in many years.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Forest-tie-rising-star/article-3388004-detail/article.html

12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Jamaal is still 17 unlike where the article says he is 18. Just a minor error.

With my contacts at the academy...Everton were another club showing big interest.

What the article didn't mention was the length of the contract, which is 3 years.

The lad had trials for England basketball side and therefore has good physical ability but is also quick.

13. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    http://www.whufc.com/articles/20110330/moncur-eyes-win-double_2236884_2327371

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.u...adventure/article-3397948-detail/article.html

15. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    A lot of top players didn't turn up and won't turn up. Morrison, Wilshere, McEachran, Jones (Phil), Caulker and Chamberlain.

By the way Frimpong is back playing - do we know if he really wants to play for us now (again)?

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Caulker is not even eligible. McEachran/Wilshere and Jones will likely go to the U21 tournament. What has Chamberlain pulled out of? He has never even been picked for a tournament. As for Morrison he's a case of his own because of his off field issues.

He doesn't. If he gets called up by Blake all it will prove is that he doesn't do his homework.

17. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Frimpong has repeatedly said he wants to play for Ghana.

18. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    UEFA are reportedly working on a UEFA Youth Champions League for U18 players. Teams rumoured include Ajax, Celtic, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City, Sporting Lisbon, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Basel, but no word on Manchester United.

Figured U19 thread was the best place for this news.

19. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    What went wrong with John Bostock after he left school? Or wasn't he much cop to start with? Or has nothing gone wrong?

20. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He certainly has the talent. Seems to have an attitude problem though sadly. Went on two seperate loans and seemed to think he was too good to be there at times. It would be interesting to know what his attitude is like in training because even Blake dropped him from what was a pretty poor U19 squad in the last campaign.

I remember one set of fans at Hull complaining about him taking the piss when told to warm up. Basically not warming up properly or something.

He's started both of his loan spells very well and then they have fallen apart after that.

21. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    sad, sad, sad. it always sounded like his Dad really forced that move across London a few years back. looks like he perhaps could have done with a year or two longer at Palace. i remember a FourFourTwo spread involving him, Wilshere, and Gibbs...highlighting them as three for the future. managed to dig up the electronic article (which i believe was from the printed issue), which makes for a good read.

there are parts though where you get the feeling he thinks somewhat highly of himself :p

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/boysabitspecial/114/article.aspx

22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Nothing wrong with thinking highly of yourself but he has never seemed to direct it properly.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Peter Risdale is claiming plenty of Premiership clubs are after Curtis Nelson. Who is in Italy atm with our U18 squad.

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/plymou...GYLE-STAR/article-3425172-detail/article.html

24. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
  25. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm wondering now (and for some time) if he does have the talent. One thing I was concerned about when he turned up for England u16s was his shooting. He looked very good on his Palace debut.I remember him saying he was too good for youth football (as it was too easy for him) and thinking if that is the case why hasn't he (to my recollection at the time) never scored a goal for the various England sides and been a rip-roaring success for them. And he didn't look much at all in the youth cup against Arsenal.He has scored some crackers since and that one for Hull on his debut was a prime example. Seemingly Arry had a go at his attitude after the first loan failed and he went back. In a discussion on Talksport about it, his dad was on saying he thought he'd be a success somewhere, and an old youth coach from Palace came on saying what I'd heard years before about not only how brilliant he was but how he had a perfect attitude and was quite a young man,etc.So he's just knocking about at Spurs then for the time being. All a bit strange.