England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I found out he actually is injured. Out for the 3 weeks but obviously could still be irrelevant.

2. Fanzz

Fanzz Member

Oct 10, 2011

Believe it's Man City.

3. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Really. Ojo actually started for Liverpool's u18s last week against West Ham - and the squad presumably will have been drawn up before that.

4. dakid

dakid Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He is definitely injured missed Liverpool's game today because of it. Your make a good point about the team being picked weeks ago though.

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    You were correct.

Denzeil Boadu -

They allow me to express myself on the pitch & the quality of everything is high this is why I've decided to sign for....... Manchester City

1st duty for Man City, U17's tournament in Italy early morning pick up so early night required #buzzing

6. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It will be interesting to see how productive the Etihad Campus will actually be when up and running. I'm sure the footballing education will be there, but what are the chances that they take a similar approach to blooding youth as Chelsea?

7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Rossiter played in the West Ham game as well and was included in the u16 squad - but of course has now been pulled out.

8. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

If there good enough they will get there chance then it i up to them to grab it with both hands, because those guy's will want to see a return on that investment

9. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pretty good chance though they haven't put as much pressure on managers as Chelsea for immediate success so far.

10. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I wasn't sure on the timing myself but I also think he played a game after the squad was picked. That is why I said its probably still irrelevant

11. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Liverpool and Man Utd chasing Patrick Roberts claim Goal.com

12. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    "featured for England Under-17s over the last week."?

Cevno repped this.
  13. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    We beat Chile 3-1. Two goals from Rasulo and one from Roberts.

The Guardian and Cevno repped this.
  14. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well done Rasulo. It's all down to this lot now.

15. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  16. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I see Germany beat Holland 2-1. Our rematch with them is tomorrow (Sat) at 2.00.

17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Can that be right? Cameron should be at c/b, Lowe at left-back and Ledson in midfield.

19. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I read a comment in the guardian that says :
    ''Also, whisper it quietly, but the current English U16s are said to be the most talented crop of players England has ever produced.''
    Any thoughts on that ?

20. thepakster

thepakster Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Club:
    Walsall FC

Well its the most complete technically, definitely. It seems like England have finally caught up with the rest of Europe technically and tactically at this level. Which article was this?

21. ATRIYA KOP BANIK

ATRIYA KOP BANIK New Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    it will only get better.. :thumbsup:

22. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/28/nextgen-series-europe-premier-league
    It is not in the article. It is one of the people in the comment section. That's his whole comment:
    ''Actually, the future is very bright for English talent. English players like Akpom (Arsenal), Crowley (Aston Villa), Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Kiwomya (Chelsea) and Ibe (Liverpool) are looking seriously good, technically accomplished, and at least the equal of the players highighted in the article. And although the article doesn't make this clear, the majority of players in the English youth teams are, in fact, English.
    Also, whisper it quietly, but the current English U16s are said to be the most talented crop of players England has ever produced.''

23. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Anyone got the score yet?

24. thepakster

thepakster Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Club:
    Walsall FC

Yes I guess so, these players look very good. Baker deserves a mention as well, he has been great in the Nextgen Series. English teams in general have done well in the Nextgen Series. Shame they dont have the real top german youth academies like Bayer, Stuttgart and Schalke in there, BVB and Wolfsburg were quite poor.

25. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Finished 1-1, we're in the final now.