England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was thinking it might be a particularly good year group for them. That result would indicate they are.

2. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    The 15 or so German u16 players who beat Italy u16 5-0 are completely different to the players who beat England u16 4-3 almost a month ago. That's scary, isnt it ? :D
    Anyway, things change quickly in youth football. Henrichs, Zelalem and Martinovic seem to be very highly rated but I dont know about the other German players.
    England are usually pretty good at u16/u17 level. They can win the Montaigu Tournament.

3. Andy F

Andy F Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    assuming he's the 9, Alessandro Fiore Tapia looks very tidy

and a bit of further digging suggests he has 6 goals in 2 games for the 16s. scored 5 on debut against ukraine last year.

4. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Destroy them! :devilish:

5. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    England at this level seem very strong (in defence and midfield) with a lot of options. For example this time next year there will some quality c/m prospects not getting into the first eleven. (But of course as time goes on there will be players one will have to "discard" as not good enough. with perhaps one or two coming in who are).

6. Scout1234

Scout1234 New Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Been all around Essex&London watching various academies. 2 sundays ago I watched Dagenham and Redbridge U14 against Aldershot U14 and the number 9 for Dagenham scored 4 fantastic goals, I think his name was Ayo. The number 7, Munachi for Dagenham was technically brilliant and the Centre Back, Jamal was rock solid. Also watched southend and a young winger called Damani was good physically and technically

7. Fanzz

Fanzz Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Foday Nabay

Came across this

looks to me like an agents come and get me video.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  8. Andy F

Andy F Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    is he with Fulham now then?

i remember him being down in london at the start of the season so i guess that was then if not.

9. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Patrick Roberts added to his reputation as being a top prospect yesterday in their defeat against Man U u18s (3-1). He was lively making a number of good runs inside in the first half and put his goal away with conviction. Had another very good weaving run in the second half and was only stopped when he ran into one defender too many.

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Jordan Rossiter started again for Liverpool u18s (along with Tom Brewitt and Ojo) in their 1-0 win over a weak looking West Ham side. He does seem to be blossoming and would be effective for England covering the back with Ryan Ledson and Callum Cooke making up a strong midfield core.

11. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, that definitely looks like summer to me. He's injured atm, has been pretty regular for Birmingham otherwise.

12. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Lewis Cook replaces Jordan Rossiter and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson is replaced by Archie Edwards (Charlton Athletic).

13. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Any reason for Seyi Ojo's omission again other than others are preferred ?

14. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Saw Edwards at the FAYC tie against us earlier this season. If I recall he looked a little small but otherwise very assured, good touch.

15. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It's not because he's injured. They'd been leaving him out before - presumably because he'd had his chances last season and others were getting their chance now. He seems too lazy and lifeless most of the time anyway.

16. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That's a pity, I see Callum Cooke has withdrawn now - Isaac Christie-Davies (Derby County) replaces him.

17. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Isaac is of Chelsea's if it's C-D.

18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ah yeah! I just c&ped it from the FA squad list.

19. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Yep just seen it, FA did make a mistake there.

20. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    To raise our spirits let's hope we see off the Cloggies - KO at 4.45 today.

21. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ward, Moore, Brewitt, Cameron, Edwards, Lowe, Ledson, Solanke, Onomah, Mitchell, Armstrong

22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Denzeil Boadu on leaving Arsenal -

He's confirming who he's signed for tomorrow. Assume it's West Ham.

24. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    In the other match from this group, Germany u16 lost 1-0 to Chile u16. From the reports, Germany outplayed them big time but missed many chances and Chile scored 5 min before the end from the very few they got.

I guess Netherland and England will beat Chile easily.

25. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Not quite the boost I was looking for - seemed short of proper midfielders with Cooke and Rossiter not there. Still maybe the next one. :)