England U-16 Discussion Thread 2 [R] (2008 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, May 4, 2012.

1. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm surprised he's not in as the front man instead of Armstrong. They would seem to be particularly short in that position with this group.

Whatever happened to Aaron Jordan (22.09.1997)? And why isn’t he involved in the England u16 set up? Injured or what?

2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I know it's a long way off but I was thinking earlier that they might use Ojo through the middle at U17 level.

3. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Callum Cooke has replaced Adam Armstrong and Tosin Adarabioyo (Manchester City) has replaced Kyle Cameron.

4. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Further confirmation it would seem that strikers are short on the ground this year. (Perhaps an indication that they are a little "out of fashion" these days)

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Adarabioyo was being talked up a bit before this season began. Even made the trial squad whilst being injured and then missed it because he was injured.

6. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Patrick Roberts started in Fulham's u18 2-1 win at Liverpool. Not much to report - Ibe started for the Pool again - Liverpool disappointing.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    The two Newcastle lads that pulled out aren't even injured. Playing in the youth cup against Arsenal tonight.

8. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Izzy Brown tore our U18's apart at the weekend.

9. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It was effectively an U16 team for your lot though wasn't it?

10. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yup only Uade, Dawkins and Siemann were scholars.

11. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Presumably Arsenal will give em a good hammering.

12. Fanzz

Fanzz Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Izzy Brown Injured.

Izzyjay@izzyjaybrown
    Can't believe I'm not playing tomorrow because of my wrist not happy:(:( but good luck too all the boys anyway in the victory shield!!

On the way to the hospital to get an x-ray hope its good news:(

13. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was wondering if Brown might be given the front man role. Maybe Callum Cooke?

14. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Looks like it's Josh Onomah starting as 9.

Tom Brewitt, Mukhtar Ali and Patrick Roberts also starting.

15. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Let's hope he can shoot. At least with his left foot.

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    #EnglandU16s starting XI: Huddart (GK), Egbo, DaSilva, Ledson, Gomez, Brewitt, Rossiter (C), Roberts, Onomah, Ali, Mitchell

17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Pretty interesting half. Wish Mitchell was a bit more involved though.

How cringeworthy is Blake being? Stand, Stand, Stand! :D Shouting stuff so loud of no relevance must put the lads off more than anything.

18. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mitchell is clearly incredibly talented, a little too flashy at times.

19. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Don't worry about him being to flashy because i am sure that the United coaching staff will channel that mavric streak and make sure he does it in the right areas of the pitch. Like they did with Ronaldo because he used have to do a stepover or two everytime he got the ball when he first joined them, but over time he learnt to do it where it matters most, and i am sure that the same will happen to Mitchell if he continues to progress? and avoid injuries etc etc as he gets older

20. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No issue with 14 and 15 year old kids being like that, plus it's a big game and it's on TV and they all wanna impress, only natural really.

Ledson is a properly good player, and I was quite impressed with Da Silva too, put in a mature performance.

21. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I was particularly disappointed with England in the first half, as a team and individually - but Scotland played well. Onomah playing a little out of position or not, was very ineffectual. The subs did well though, with Cooke as sharp as a tack. For half a sec I thought he was going to put the winner away but Rasulo (MK Dons) did, good style, after cleverly linking up with him.

22. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    RE Mitchell being too flashy. I really liked how he played and loved that he was confident and trying new things. Just in the context of the game there were times when that extra touch or bit of skill wasn't neccessarily helpful to the team. I know he is young and this will be worked on over the next 4-5 years but was just an observation of the game.

23. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Unlike the u17s this group is strong in defence - The tall City c/b Tosin Adarabioyo who came on against the Jocks looks like he could well be the business.

24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Mitchell just come off the bench to score for Man Utd U18's in a friendly against Bury.

25. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Mmmm. It was only last night that United bombed out of the youth cup against Burnley after extra time - losing 4-3.