England Senior Squad-general Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by sinner78, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Barton usually only explodes with press people ,but has now started going after respected ex players .

People like Lineker and Shearer have power to damage him with their position on MOTD .

2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I assume he does both.

Edit - Just confirmed by a journo that he will do both.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He does his own damage. Even the journalists that thought he had changed and were friendly with him to get interviews will distance themselves now.

4. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    To think we thought we would be going into the finals lead by Pearce and Wrigley. Now we have Hodgson and Neville !

lost repped this.
  5. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Eddie Davies owns the club, he's put £100 million in. He owes himself the money.

6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I wonder what Pearce is thinking because he was going on about how having the U21 coach in the senior set up was a great idea. Also he must have expected to be going to the Euros after checking up on the facilities in Poland and the training camp in Spain.

Now he's not only been dropped but a younger coach has replaced him with a four year contract.

The main positive about bringing Neville in is that he's not a yes man type like other ex-players. He's criticised the FA quite alot and shouldn't back down.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I know. Gartside is getting paid alot with added bonuses to run a club at a big loss though. Add the Mark Curtis situation and I don't see how or why Gartside should be anywhere near the FA board.

8. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Im sure Hodg and Neville can work well together .

About 2 weeks ago Pearce was the grand supremo of English football and in charge of all the teams. Now it seems he isnt even part of the senior bench at all . Im sure he will get exposed at the olympics .

9. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great news that Gary Neville has joined the coaching staff.. Hard-nosed, leader-type, whom knows the players well, and is well-respected...Pearce must be shittin himself..

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Next job should be to get him out of his U21 role. The idea that he was going to become so much better just by staying in the senior set up was ridiculous. So much time wasted.

11. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd certainly agree with that! Why the ******** was he appointed in the first place!

Gary seems to talk sense and has the right approach but has he got all the badges (that they claim are so important).

12. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He has the UEFA A and B Coaching license

13. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Seemed to be because he was perceived to be a role model for younger players and for his committment to the national team.

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Another thing I'm waiting for is the leak from who is or isn't going with regards to Rio and Terry. Can't see either leaving it until the announcement if they have been dropped.

15. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's no different to Chelsea or City. Eddie Davies wanted to put money into the club and did so. I should also point out that £40 million of that 'debt' is from building the Reebok.

Not that I think Gartside should be anywhere near the FA (or Bolton) board

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I wasn't saying he shouldn't put money into the club. My point was all about questioning the credentials of Gartside and his role.

There is no doubt that if Garry Cook hadn't have had to leave Man City he would have made the FA board. These people aren't credible though and it sums up the situation that they are elevated into power.

17. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Problem is the FA rewards failure - you just have to look at Dave Richards, his club record was absolutely terrible, yet he ends up in a key position of authority.

The best club chairman are too busy to waste time working at the FA though.

18. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  19. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Nev will be good on the training pitch as an assistant who can give advice.

20. rubinkazan

rubinkazan Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He is spot on about England there, but unfortunately that problem still runs right through every level of youth development. We are still bringing players up to play in straight lines, because people are still afraid of change

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    not sure if i like this move, but he seems a decent analyst

22. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gary Neville is a good pundit. One of the few that actually seems to understand what he talks about, and I think he will be good for us. Not only does he seem to share the same views as most of us, but also it's good because he is a well liked person especially among the United players, which will help.

23. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    I wonder if beckham will get an invite onto the staff .

24. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Great appointment to bring in Gary Neville, I didn't see this coming. Thank god Pearce isn't going to be going to be part of Hodgson's coaching team.

25. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Gary would make a decent manager for a big club.. he seems to be very good with tactics and analysing teams.. 100x better than Pearce