England Senior Squad-general Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by sinner78, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He has admitted he said the words, now all other players won't be able to pull the 'I was just repeating what he said' line any more. Don't say racist shit, regardless of the situation...and you won't get charged. If they'd cleared him...it would have festered like an open wound for years.

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Its confirmation that they always intended to charge him regardless of the court decision. So its a good thing that the case happened after the Euro's. No doubt the ruling will be made by the same kangaroo court that charged Suarez and gave him a ridiculous ban length.

The FA under Bernstein are more interested in their media image than anything else.

3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    also seems as if they are justifying their decision to part ways with Capello

the arrogance and ignorance of the FA is amazing at times

4. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Wilshere out until October at the earliest. What the hell is going on?

5. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    and another set of quotes form scholes about how he would have considered playing for us this summer had roy have asked him. wtf is with this guy? more rules of convention than a japanese courtesan, you must aproach me before i speak to you, you must only call me 2 weeks before a tournament, you cannot pass messages on through third parties, i only play during full moons. ridiculous.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What words? My understanding is that he said, 'I never said/called you a'... etc'. and that's what the lip-reading showed, as far as it could anyway because part of the start of the sentence was obscured.

In any event, as I pointed out, we also have video evidence of Gerrard beating the crap out of a disc jockey. Why hasn't the FA done anything about that?

As I said, this is opening a can of worms. Any time something happens now, REGARDLESS of the evidence and legal position, they'll be under enormous pressure to 'do the right thing', (AKA what the 'meeja' tells them to do.).

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :D

I think the FA would be better to have a rule that says players have to ask THEM if they can play, in writing. Stop all this nonsense and sorts out the people who WANT to play from the rest.

8. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    The FA have to charge Terry because they surely only held off from doing so earlier due to the court case. Obviously the court requires evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in order to secure a guilty verdict. The British legal system is actually quite robust. The FA however don't require any evidence in their Tribunals except an accuser's testimony and they only need to have a burden of proof of more likely than not. We'll see what happens. This isn't opening a can of worms. The precedent has already been set.

Obviously the FA hasn't done anything about the Gerrard case because that was unrelated to events in a football match. Similarly Terry was acquitted of assaulting someone at a nightclub, and the FA rightly took no action.

Regardless of whether Terry is actually guilty or not, we can clearly see through twitter, that Rio Ferdinand strongly believes that Terry is guilty. There is a definite rift between the two players, and this would have been problematic having both players in a Tournament squad, especially with both being senior players and presumably having to partner each other at CB. There has been some discussion about the ommission of Rio from the World Cup Squad, and I believe it has something to do with this rift.

fernb8 repped this.
  9. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Also this is Wenger and Arsenal saying October, and they have a habit of issuing optimistic return dates for injured players. It begs the question about Wilshere, will he be one of those players who are plagued by injury like Anderton, Hargreaves, Dyer etc? A bit worrying.

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Rio charged for his choc ice comments

what is good for the goose...

11. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Lousy, clueless treatment from so called "physios"....

12. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I guess the radical new therapy from their pysio isn't paying off...
    [​IMG]

Naughtius Maximus and thebigman repped this.
  13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's strange... we've just been told it's not on a football field so the FA won't get involved.

How odd!!! ;)

:D

14. EliteFootball

EliteFootball Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    England has to rely on Rooney to even have a chance in Rio by the way Euro2012 turned out.

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    huh???? rooney was SHIT

16. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So it will be about a year and a half since wilshere played before he plays again (this being very optimistic)

Has ANY player had such a long time injured at the age of 19 and returned to fufill their potential?

17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Laughable to compare the way the GB cycling team work to improve and move forward with a shared vision to the FA's attempt at trying to get some success.

AnyLuckForEngland? repped this.
  18. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    The FA are genuine clowns ,but maybe cycling is a more straightforward sport to organise success. The improvement in the GB team in various sports is attributed to the facilities that were built for the Sheffield student games and manchester commonwealth games. If the london facilities are kept in place then it will mean even more improvements .

19. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    It probably is more straight forward but they still strive to improve in any way they can whereas the FA have been doing exactly the same crap for years.

20. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    i think the olympics actually had professionals involved at the planning level. unlike the fa and their g and t swilling octogenerates, failed advertising execs from the days of the dotcom bubble, and effete bespectacled wankers with a 2:2 from loughborough college of excellence representing the suffolk county football association.

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    haha too true!

22. Stretch Armstrong

Jan 15, 2004
    England and the UK compete in so many international sports - surely more than the majority of other countries when comparing populations. Whilst the FA are a bunch of muppets, had those same muppets invested as much money and time into tiddlywinks I'm sure England/UK would be there or thereabouts in the major tournaments.

Football has to be the most competitive sport on an international level and England + UK spread a small population incredibly thinly by playing so many sports.

23. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).
    Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham Hotspur), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).
    Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Jake Livermore (Tottenham Hotspur), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Ashley Young (Manchester United).
    Forwards: Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

not sure what to make of this squad.

24. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Carrick...

FFS

25. AnyLuckForEngland?

Jul 10, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hodgson lost what little respect I had for him with this move. Carrick should never have been selected again. Worthless POS.

fernb8 repped this.