England Senior Squad-general Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by sinner78, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I can't understand how Bent can go. This isn't even a case of rating him or not. You can't take someone who has been out for so long with a serious injury when we already have one forward that will miss two games.

2. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bent - please no. He is so poor by international standards it isn't even funny. He is constantly offside, too slow, and his finishing isn't even that great. He has spurned multiple chances when playing for England and he offers no link up play. His style is more suited to a relegation fighting team.

Ferdinand - another no for me. He hasn't been consistent, he has lost pace, and is error prone now. Add to that he is very likely to get injured. We can't have Terry and Ferdinand in the squad, and for me Terry has been better and is less likely to get injured.

I would take Terry. For all of those saying he has lost his form.. you probably haven't seen the majority of games this season. He had a poor game the other night, but he has been solid since Di Matteo came in. He is also a massive threat when we have corners, and one of the few in the squad who would probably cut their nuts off for a trophy.

Zamora - No thanks. If we are going to take a target man, then Crouch or Carroll are better options. I'd lean towards Carroll given recent form to cover the 4th striker spot. Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck for the other 3.

In defence, Walker and Richards for me. Cole and Baines, with Cahill, Terry, Lescott and Jones.

In midfield I would have liked to take Cleverley but it looks like he can't come now.. Lampard, Gerrard, Parker, Carrick, Young, Walcott, Johnson and Oxlade Chamberlain for me.

3. AnyLuckForEngland?

Jul 10, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think Terry or Rio should go. Rio for his injury history and Terry for his multitude of issues.

4. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    [​IMG]

lionel brought out his ass paddler when he found out Bent was still in the running .

5. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A Portugal missing a Deco in his prime and Costinha though...so its tough to judge.

I think England should play to its strengths, and go with Welback/Young/Walcott/Rooney attack..speed and strength with one of Gerrard/Lampard and Carrick/parker in front of the back four.

With Hodgson at the helm the run and gun game typical in the epl could be quite clinical.

6. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The Mail today says they won't pick both with Rat Face likely being the one to drop out.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Which one is rat face :laugh:

8. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol... We have others that deserve a spot ahead of Bent.

9. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Even fully fit Bent offers nothing other than tap-in goals. Does absolutely nothing in terms of build up ,link play ,pressing ,etc

10. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    They think they pick the team. The same paper who got all pissy when their manager choice didnt get picked .

11. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Kyle walker taken a hit at White hart lane. I think he has gone off injured .​

12. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Er, no. Apparently that's what Roy is going to do because of the friction between Rat Face and Ferdinand's little twat of a brother.

13. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    No matter how badly Roy does we have to remember that it could have been Pearce.

Fraizer Campbell getting an England cap still annoys me. Wasn't deserved, was never even going to get enough games for it to be logical and he's been very poor since.

Two FA board members. David Gill allows his club to be destroyed from the insides by the Glazer's and Gartside sees his team go down in £100 million of debt. Any wonder we are always in the shit?

14. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Rio is finished at top level. Got torn apart in Europe this season. Capello dropped him for that reason. It will be a strange move to recall him and leave Terry out .

15. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Ben Foster asked to come out of retirement and said no. I wouldn't have even asked.

16. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Foster is a heartless player anyway. Probably had all his holidays booked or something.

17. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    now Parker may miss the Euros...

amazing how all of these serious injuries have been kept so quiet during the club season :rolleyes:

18. rubinkazan

rubinkazan Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    According to Redknapp, Walker will be ok for selection; “He's got a kick on the ankle. Kyle will be alright for the Euros"

and;

“Parker has an Achilles injury. He’s going to have an injection tomorrow and they are hoping with six or seven days rest it could clear up. If the injection doesnt clear it up he wouldn’t be fit for England. He would have to have an op and then it would be long term.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scott-parker-and-kyle-walker-are-doubtful-831789

19. rubinkazan

rubinkazan Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  20. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Barton is going nuts in twitter. Started attacking Lineker now.

21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    This quote from Roy says to me that he doesn't rate Pearce -

Great news.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    This guy can't control himself. Mike Ashley must be pissing himself. Got rid of him and lowered the wage budget with better players.

24. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001