England Senior Squad-general Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by sinner78, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Lambert has an equal number of goals and assists (leads Southampton in that regard). I'd def bring him.

2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Moyes gets sacked and is getting a bit of ridicule for being outdated and having a negative pragmatic approach. Never seemed to be able to create or attempt a positive style of play with any consistency. I wonder what Roy has in store for us in Brazil :ninja: So many similarities between Moyes' reign and Hodgson in the England role so far.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, except Moyes had a squad that won the EPL last year and Woy's managing England who, last I looked, HADN'T won a major tournament for a long time.

A defensive set-up, hitting teams on the break, isn't what yanited are about, is it.

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We have no expectation at the wc which is nice! Hopefully we can relax and not push too hard, too early in the heat

5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    It's about a philosophy and approach that wasn't ever going to be acceptable at Man Utd. We were supposed to be building for the future and implementing our own positive approach and style at all levels. We've lowered the bar to the ground with expectations so I'm at a loss as to the point of eeking out an existence playing the way we did to qualify.

6. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Fergie knew what he was doing when he bailed on an ageing squad, many past their 'sell by' date....You should ALWAYS be the man who followed the man who followed the legend....rather than the man who followed the legend....

7. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Well thanks for that. Equal number of goals to whom and assists to whom?

8. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    ...OK...I'll take a stab at it....blokes playing for Southampton...??

usscouse repped this.
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    He has an equal amount of goals and assists for himself o_O 10 goals and 10 assists if I remember correctly. Leads his team in the latter. Only Gerrard and Suarez have more assists in the league so quite impressive I'd say.

10. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Moyes never got a playing style going at man utd and for some reason insisted on changing team selection every week... he was never going to work and it was a bizarre decision to hire him in the first place.

We really need a young, vibrant manager like Rodgers. I'm getting bored of Hodgson's overly defensive tactics that lack a clear style of play.

11. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He actually said in a recent press conference that he doesn't believe in styles of play or systems, or words to that effect. He's a bit of a dinosaur.

12. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, I agree. I never understood the constant loving of him by the media while he was at Everton.. or even the media who seemed to think he was the right choice when he was first appointed (they're changing their minds about that now, though, aren't they :whistling: )

At Everton, he did a good job, not an amazing job. They would never have achieved above 5th place under Moyes and would be playing nowhere near the level of Martinez's Everton.

13. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I meant Hodgson :D

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The very definition of a 'poisoned chalice' that one.

15. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ahh woops :ROFLMAO:

Yeah.. some of his quotes don't really make sense.. he doesn't fill me with confidence, and I hope that after this World Cup we get a new young manager in

16. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
  18. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why?

19. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Because he's not English.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  20. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Belgium is the best fit for him to be fair. They are an up and coming team with great talent. He will learn very well from the players in the squad. I couldn't ever see him represent England or Albania. He made the right decision.

21. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Normally I'd agree with you but the fact is at the moment England can't afford to be picky and the other nations are doing e.g. Spain and Diego Costa.

22. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    If you only stick to your principles when it suits then they're not really principles. If Spain are picking non-Spaniards then at least that's one aspect of international football in which we are superior to them.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Here Here

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where, where? ;)