England Senior Squad-general Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by sinner78, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It seemed more a case of being distracted. I always wonder about the advisability of getting too hysterical when scoring a goal. It's the sort of thing they warn 10 year olds about.

Throughout the game I thought United could get the break through goal. They did, after defending stoutly, and of course quickly ********ed it up.

2. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Enter Jose matriculating down the sidelines. I am of the opinion you let the fans do the celebrating and leave your celebrating until the game is over. for one thing there is the lack of focus. the other thing is getting in position to start the game. once everyone is on their respective sides the ref will blow for the restart (i have seen where players are getting back to their positions when the restart occurs)

this was definitely school boy in nature.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What Jose did has been mentioned elsewhere with some people thinking it wasn't an issue but, for me, that sort of thing makes the difference in some games where the margins are tight. Whether you'd call it 'professionalism' or a 'winning mentality' or just plain bullshit, making the players realise the game hasn't actually finished is sometimes necessary.

TBH I don't think it would have made any difference coz Bayern would probably have scored but, nevertheless...

4. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think his actions do two things. One, he gave specific instructions so indivudual players knew what adjustment was needed. second, the very action would force the other players to keep their focus. that cannot be overstated. he was aware of the situation and now his team was too.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  5. Yogavo

Yogavo New Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    england can take who they want, they've no chance

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    England can take who they want where to have a chance of doing what?

Put more simply, WTF are you blathering about? :D

7. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Most people who pick England to fail want them to fail. We saw that at the Euros.

RoyOfTheRovers repped this.
  8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All i know is yagavo is one ugly fcuk

9. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    The reactions to his post in here are a bit embarrassing.

dbs235 repped this.
  10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But bloody funny :) :D

The guy's a troll and probably a sock... why should we give him a warm welcome? Have you ever heard anyone on here say England are going to win a major championship? I mean, EVER???

thebigman repped this.
  11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thing is, i doubt he is from an imperious footballing nation himself

No one thinks england are winning anything, we will do well to get out the group

12. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Not giving him a warm welcome is one thing, stooping to his level (or lower) is another.

13. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Good to see Sterling putting the first goal away like a good un. Let's hope he can make a habit of it. Sadly, Scuffer Sturridge still suffering from biggameitis.

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I didn't stoop to his level.. I stopped to my level which, unfortunately, is a lot lower

:D

Jeez, lighten up mate. Guy comes on here mouthing off and he gets a verbal slap. What's the big deal?

15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm hopeful we might get out the group but not hopeful we'll win the game after. If we get a 1/4 final I'll be pleased.

16. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If we win the group we won't have a terribly difficult match. In fact we will probably be favored to win because the group of teams we could potentially play are not great.

17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It's just so juvenile. Makes us looks like a complete set of simpletons.

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Your point being...? :cautious:

:giggle:

usscouse repped this.
  19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If we win it y'mean? Hmm... well, OK! Not that that's a given though, by ANY means.

I'm just saying we're not unrealistic about our chances, that's all. Most of us have a pretty good idea what will happen and how we'll perform.

We just hope to be pleasantly surprised. :)

20. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just you wait, everyone has an 'insight' regarding England and come out of the woodwork every two years to share their wisdom with England fans. He's just the first of many, it's going to be a drag.

21. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd forgotten Jenks is still a relative 'noob', (as the phrase has it;)). Yes, some people have to learn the hard way :(

They'll be crawling out of the woodwork soon enough I suppose.

In that sense the 2008 euros were something of a blessing because we didn't have to put up with them.

22. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry jenks, but my level is lower than that....wait till this place is tormented during the wc

23. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Fern will keep things running smoothly and clear out all the scum. He is the type of mod we have been missing.

24. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    thanks for overrating my ability :p

I have spoken with Alex already and a post will be going up prior to the WC helping those who have difficulty understanding the simple rules of this board

as for the responses above- a little self policing goes a long way and if someone is offended by the posts then please feel free to report them so I, or another Mod, can provide assistance

25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe we were a little hard on the guy but it's not like we haven't seen this stuff for YEARS, is it.

In any case if someone posts this then they won't receive the warmest of responses, will they