England Senior Squad-General Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by three lions, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    agreed on both counts

one wonder goal from Crouch should not warrant immediate inclusion. This is the type of mania promoted by the rags.

also as you say- it is a little silly to speculate until we know who will be around but the longer this runs on- the more I fear it will be Pearce

2. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I imagine Pearce or whomever will take 5 forwards because of Rooney's suspension. Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Bent or Defoe, and 1 other possibly.. With Pearce in charge, even Frazier Campbell has a shot to make the squad.

3. Stretch Armstrong

Jan 15, 2004
    Isn't Crouch England's highest ever scorer in a calendar year?

The technique for that goal was superb, it was scored against one of the strongest sides in the league and one of the best keepers in the league. I think he should go regardless of that goal.

4. Stretch Armstrong

Jan 15, 2004
    Well he brought on Beckham at half time v Romania and that did give England more creativity in the middle of the pitch with a 3 of Ince, Beckham and Scholes.

Agree that Batty and Ince was too defensive, but credit to Hoddle that he did make the change.

5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    could quite do that

or he may take an extra attacking mid type player instead of an extra forward

I just wish the FA would bloody well hurry up and make a decision

6. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You and me both.. At least make some kind of announcement, whether it be Pearce or not..

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    good player, and that dude at swansea whose name i foget!

graham i think?

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Pearce stepping up his Euros preparations like he WILL be England boss

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...d-manage-England-at-finals-article884234.html

:rolleyes:

This part of the article is highly amusing -

9. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    The whole issue is insane. They have given Pearce one role to do and he has had years to prepare for tournaments at U21 level and still been awful at it. Even getting worse with experience at preparing for them. Now he's being considered for the Euro's and Olympics with far less time :D

The sad thing is that Bernstein, Brooking, Horne and Bevington will not even have to explain themselves if Pearce takes the role and fails badly.

10. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Some people have made noises that the FA are making a big mistake by "leaving it too late" to appoint a manager. So they have their pet dog Pearce go in the media and say he is really preparing hard. The media in this country are just as clueless as the FA so they will swallow anything .

11. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    and we sit back and witness it. again and again. we deserve this bunch and their never ending unbreakable cycle of retarded failure, see you guys next year when alan sugar ********s up and apoints eileen drury as manager, and then 5 years after that when simon cowell gives the job to robbie williams etc.

12. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Wilshere still doesnt seem to be close to playing. Not sure what the comedians in the Arse medical team have been doing all year .

13. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    it is not the medical teams fault...

hope he doesn't go to PoKraine TBF.

14. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's been tied up on a bed with the lead physio standing by his side with a sledgehammer.

15. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wilshere is probably our most important player. One of the only English players that is good at the art of possession, technical ability and vision. With him in midfield we might actually be able to dominate midfields.

16. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    he hasn't played all season! that's a fact you can't just ignore. even if he gets 4 games in, it is not enough. it would be detrimental to the player and his health.

17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    As if Pearce wont pick him for the Olympics if he doesn't go the the Euro's anyway.

18. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He should be there, has impressed alot, hasnt fizzled out as the season went on.

19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    what about graham?

20. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dont see England playing like Swansea, can see them playing like Norwich. He too has an excellent season and is younger, but one of them should be picked in m opinion.

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    fair point, with welbeck the target man position is not as bad as it was last tournament!

22. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    I just don't see Grant Holt as being up to international standard. He seems a little lumbering to me and his close control sometimes lets him down. Otoh, the competition for the kind of role he plays is very limited.

23. blackman

blackman Member

Apr 12, 2011
    norf london
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Holt and Graham deserve to be call but it all depend on rooney and gerrard positions......I mean, tactically pearce will put a 4-3-3 formation for sure , that's mean gerrard as AM and rooney CF ,the problem is rooney is not able to play as a pure centre forward and not at his ease with a target man as partner (remember heskey and berbatov).....In my opinion wayne is at his best when is surounded by very mobile players.....just like at manchester with nani,young,welbeck and valencia, that's why i'll choose welbeck with him always.

Anyway i'd take graham over holt all days.

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think that's the basic problem. We'd be better off with Welbeck or Defoe.