England Senior Squad-General Discussions Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by three lions, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    They seem to have the concept that they "have a plan" . The only 'plan' they have is to send a squad to Poland. They seem to think that all we have to do is show up and everything falls into place!

We dont have any tactical plans for the opposition or any tactics of our own. Its the equivalent of saying that a student can show up to an exam with no preparation and pass !! complete and utter stupidity. If Pearce is in charge you can bet that he will have no clue whatsoever on how to prepare for specific opponent threats. In fact ,how could anyone prepare when they are getting the job on about 2 weeks notice?

2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    At clubs and other national teams you have coaches and analysts in numerous specific roles like studying and gathering information on the opposition, specific coaching roles, tactical plans etc. All we've got is Pearce going round the grounds watching players wearing different scarves and hats :D

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    It's looking like it's going to be Pearce and he's already 'preparing' in his own idiotic way. I can't see why anyone would take it with the way the FA are acting.

4. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Thats how you succeed at the top level. Get smart people to analyse the opposition teams. Thats how you see a team like Germany in 2010 smash the argies 4-0 even though you could argue that few of their side would even get in the argie squad .They had a specific plan that was on the money .

In English football you get people in the scouting roles ,but too many times its just someones "mate" who is out of work and needs a job. Pearce has probably got a "mate" watching the French team !! they will formulate some amazing gameplan to beat them .

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Face it baz, it's gonna be Pearce mate :( Everything's pointing that way.

If they DID opt for even a half decent choice they'd set the situation up so there's no WAY he can succeed with no time to prepare and probably no games left.

I'm just hoping that Pearce's 'up and at em' team-talk can get the players at it and they'll perform DESPITE the way he sets the team out. Not holding out much hope though :(

6. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    I can forsee the senior players taking the piss if Pearce is in charge like they did with McClaren. At least the players have made it known they would be motivated to play for Redknapp. Pearce might have commanded abit of respect with youngsters ,but the senior players will see right though him when they have worked with all the worlds top managers . Just look how senior players at Chelsea seemed to stop playing for villas boas as another example.

Pearce would lead us to a first round exit that would be very damaging. International football is already getting damaged by more and more games being taken off the calendar .

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    The thing about Pearce's style is interesting because at least it has more logic at senior level. This win at all costs stuff and so on. Not that he's even good at that, especially against the best teams.

There are alot of things that would annoy me about this happening. Mainly the issues of how he's made so many errors and never learned from them. His preparation for the U21 tournaments has been getting worse everytime and he still gets roles and promotions.

It also proves (What we already know) how aimless the planning is that someone like Pearce is even being considered. We had a government review into football after the WC and we have now gone from paying people millions to do the job and also hiring numerous staff for him to someone so terrible like Pearce getting the job and having free reign. The very same people made both decisions and don't even have to explain themselves.

I would just find it extremely disheartening because even if in the worst case scenario Pearce flops extremely badly and gets some blame he will still go back and do his U21 job. I don't see how anything is going to change and we are going to give a job of that stature to a man with no redeemable qualities for it.

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Here are some quotes from Rafa Benitez -

http://www.football.co.uk/england/b...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Now Pearce has never shown any intentions of implementing any genuine idea or philosophy and his system is always to force in his preferred options and then create the formation.

9. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just dropped by. Know I'm an outsider but you boys got tons of great talent at virtually all positions (We'd kill for most of your "B" side players). Pearce can't be that awful that you guys wouldn't be able to get out of the group stages.

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    AVB is basically out of the picture too isn't he? Considering he had problems with Lampard and Terry @ Chelsea.

11. lotdungan24

lotdungan24 New Member

Mar 16, 2012
  12. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I would say it was a lot more than that

but this isnt really the forum for that discussion

13. slnaclubvn

slnaclubvn Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Now, team England still haven't select coach yet. If choice isn't Harry Redknapp, maybe should select foreign coach.

Opportunity of team will not good.

14. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You don't know Pearce then..

15. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If Pearce does end up being the one, expect dodgy call-ups from his past. The Frazier Campbell, Muamba, Mancienne types..

16. mo0.

mo0. Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Barry to start every match. perpetual 442, or if a 433 doesn't work and we go 2-0 down, revert to 442.

17. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    In a group that contains

Sweden
    France
    Ukraine

Pearce would lead us to 2 draws and a loss. He is a throwback to the likes of graham Taylor. Even worse than McClaren .

18. LondonAFC

LondonAFC Member

Mar 17, 2012
    One part of me thinks it will be a good move to go for Pearce because of his aggression, patriotism etc then the other part of me realises he's a complete idiot and is exactly what's wrong with football in this country.

19. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    Someone like Mourinho would harness aggression into some good tactics.
    Pearce would be like a world war 1 army general who commands the troops to go over the top of the trenches to certain death .

20. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    What is the latest on Wilshere's return? He was due back soon wasn't he or did he have another problem. Anyway what is the score?

21. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Best wishes to Fabrice Muamba and his family. Last i heard, he was still in critical condition. I pray he makes it through this..

22. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    say he survives ,his career is likely over.

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, true, but that's a pretty small matter all things considered.

They're just talking about it on the TV atm and a few people have said these things happen from time to time. Wasn't there a fella in Spain it happened to? Didn't make it IIRC. :(

24. sinner78

Nov 7, 2001
    well its happened afew times..
    marc vivien foe ,mikos feher ,antonio puerta ,phil o donnell .
    and also the motorcyclist marco simoncelli

some form of cardiac arrest...

25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Marc Vivien Foe was the one I was thinking of but it was at the confed cup I now see.

Just seems bloody strange for fellas so fit to just go like that. Well, he's still here isn't he but y'know what I mean.