England Kits 2009?

Discussion in 'England' started by LiverAndPineapple, Feb 12, 2009.

1. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's quite enough please..Thanks

2. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, Ali G. - you have a full keyboard and this is not SMS. Capitalization and coherence do count.

Back to the kit talk - have you all seen the alternate shorts? Soccer.com has them for pre-order; they're kind of a grey/blue/green, not unlike the keeper kit. Kind of a weird pairing with the white shirt. I'd have liked to see the lighter blue from the updated crest used on an alternate short, or perhaps red?

What do you all think?

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    when ur a hero like me, those couple of seconds could be the key to saving a citizens life

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    u mad?

i type badly but its hardly chav text speak

5. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you in N-dubz?

6. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you are a true hero, then you can type properly, and STILL have time to save someones life. Besides, its your job, as a hereo, to set an example in ALL walks of life. That includes being able to use the English language properly to communicate, without looking like a lazy git.

7. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How a simple thread about the new England kit, from supporters mind you, can turn into a train derailment is mind-boggling. I've already asked nicely to keep the discussions tasteful. England picked up 3 more points today, and I am in the mood for giving this a 2nd chance. Please keep it clean and classy in here. Thanks

8. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Yes, to everything aimed at me on the previous page, and also woooosh.

I thought the new all white tracky they wore when entering the pitch today was nice, had a real look of class about it. Simple and clean, in complete constrast to England's performance today.

I just like how a thought process has actually taken place in the design, in the past I can see that being a white tracksuit with a badge just slapped on anywhere, they've clearly thought that it would be far more powerful with a lack of colour applied to it. The simplicity also makes the team look much more uniformed, this must have been Capello's influence. A tracksuit/kit that has lots of colour/shapes on it feels much less controlled/uniform, the shapes and colours on each individual create different forms so each one looks different, and therefore each player looks individual. Unity and the appearance of unity is key, especially when lining up in the tunnel and when singing anthems, if the opposition views you as a collective team rather than just 11 individual players you are already ahead.

******** me, University is ********ing with my head big time.

9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i like the kit, its differnt and stands out. i agree about the collar coment, not a fan but i spose it helps with the retro look

i very much like the tracksuit tops the subs wear though, i think umbro have done well.

10. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not sure that theory holds true in my eyes, considering the military wear DPM clothing which chocked full of different colours and shapes.

11. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    The Military look uniform because it's a uniform that is associated only with the Military. Footballers at times can look like a gang of scals.

12. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But the ARE a bunch of scals.

Have you SEEN the home Rooney had built? Flattened a perfectly pretty little number to throw up some rediculous monstrosity!

13. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Exactly, so they need to wear something that makes them not look like that.

14. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Problem is, put them in a Saville Row suit, and they still exude chavness.

You can dress a monkey in a suit, but it will still chuck its muck at the wall.

YOu can put a footy player in a suit, but it does not stop him from looking vaguely chav-like.

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    rooney is the filthiest chav ever, u know if he wasnt a godly footballer hed be sitting at home, drinking stella and punching his wife/sister in the face

16. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That is a little harsh.

I usually find chavs talk big, but dont have the swinging proverbials to back it up.

17. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Chavs are overrated.

18. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Steven Gerrard is the best example, you can dress him in the finest clothes known to man but he'd still look like a bad of shit. He's got Council Estate looks, that's it. Like Stacey off Eastenders.

19. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Rooney is just a pikey, and David James is the worst of all, you know that if he could wear anything he would wear a tie and a shirt, possibly a beret, ********ing pretentious ********, he's thick as shit aswell.

20. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rio Ferdinand could take a fantastic suit and ruin it with a hub cap or something! But he did give me one of my favourite memories. During his hold out for a massive pay hike at United, he was in the town of Wilmslow and stopped forsome Fish n Chips from a shop I know well. (I used to live there, too) Problem is, he was recognised by a bunch of United fans, who proceeded to pelt him with gravy covered chips!

But I think we are digressing somewhat...

I remember reading somewhere Umbro wanted to make a classy looking shirt that could also be worn without looking too stupid. Well, it works.

21. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my new England kit today from KitBag (Less than a week from launch day to arrived in the USA. Great work!). It's awesome; the material is a softer version of the polyester shirts we're used to in football. The new crest is beautifully embroidered and more colorful; the rest of the ornamentation is minimal.

The specific sizing is superb; I bought 2" larger than my actual chest measurement and it is still very slim, clean looking. Nothing sags off you like many kits have over the past few years.

Definitely worth the money; hopefully England will make it historic!!

22. RedRo

RedRo New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    South Morang
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I reckon that the kits that they are wearing now are better

23. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah my mate being the guy he is, got it within in minutes. It's very very good quality.

24. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    can you post pics?

i'd like to see what they look like in "real life" pics instead of the sales pictures.

i love the simplicity of the new england home shirt. and i have a weak spot for collars. :D

25. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are some pics, since JediMindTricks requested:

The crest - great embroidery.
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the collar and material detail: