England Kits 2009?

Discussion in 'England' started by LiverAndPineapple, Feb 12, 2009.

1. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, France, Germany and Japan all still have better kits.

2. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Love France's white kick for the 06 World Cup. Their new kits not so much. Germany's bar across the chest is hideous. Holland's are nice, but Nike's need to make Portugal and Holland's kits identical makes them not all that special.

Brazil and Argentina are Brazil and Argentina. They always look good. Well at least when Nike doesn't dump to much green onto Brazil's tops.

3. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    All Nike and Adidas kits look exactly the same, they just have a change of colours. It's the simple block colour kits that always look the best, which is why current Nike kits are successful as well as the Adidas ones. Where Umbro and other smaller companies have consistantly ********ed up is trying to be too stylish, loads of swirls and nice swooshes, ye they might look good on paper, but since when did someone who isn't gay look good in a shirt with swooshes and patterns on it. Simplicity is stylish, Umbro got the style alright but got carried away and thought it looked Retro so thought "******** it let's go fully retro" in a typical Umbro move.

4. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is a Nike kit, you do realize right? Having a little diamond on it, doesn't change that.

5. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Erm, so what? This isn't a fashion contest?

6. DeadAirSpace

DeadAirSpace New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Texas / Luton
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes its overpriced, but it doesn't look chav lite anymore. The chavs captured the England shirt in recent years, well its about time the rest of us took it back....

Yes it's Nike without the badge, but who cares? Its a polo shirt? Basically yeah, but its the best England shirt for a few years. And lets face it, if we win the World Cup it won't matter whether our shirt is white or pink.

7. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Someone claimed they felt only Spain had a better shirt, I disagreed and gave examples of Countries whos kits I felt were better. Happy now? Don't be such an argumentative ********. And it basically is a fashion contest.

8. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Surely it can't be considered Nike, the placement of badges is the same as Umbro has always done, different to Nike. I mean Adidas own Reebok, yet Bolton shirts (which are to my knowledge the only football shirt Reebok makes in Europe) are nothing like Adidas ones, Adidas ones are good Reebok ones are bad, it would be far more cost effective to just give Bolton an Adidas design without the stripes, but it doesn't work like that.

Just seen a wiki article that claims Reebok is American, ********ing idiots.

9. Jim_Bouki

Jim_Bouki New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Canada
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    wow. what a stunning kit. I absolutely love the way they went with it. you have to understand and appreciate the details here in order to really love the kit. the fit looks incredible and the small fit color is really class. I love how clean it all looks with the simple yet bold blue 3 lions crest and bold red numbering on the back.

this is a special kit that truly redefines retro. fantastic effort by Umbro.

10. PG Tips

PG Tips Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I find the complaints of the shirt being plain odd. England had always worn a plain white shirt from 1872 - 1974, until Admiral decided to add red and blue. I think I'll take over 100 years of tradition over 30+ without, thank you very much. The likes of Italy and Brazil maintained a simple shirt, why shouldn't England? We were the first after all to wear a football shirt let alone a plain one?

England as the inventor of football, cricket, and tennis have always worn a plain white shirt with these sports. This is traditionally what England always did and does. You could add abstract coloured shapes to the design, but why deny history and tradition instead of embracing it?

This shirt separates England from everyone else now and takes the kit back to the beginning, to a shirt worn by the inventors of the sport. It's time to show off England's tradition instead of conforming to everyone else. Hopefully this combined with success on the pitch will take England to it's rightful place in football, at the top.

11. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh no PG you didn't...we're gonna have every Sweaty under the sun coming into this thread now. :p Not to mention the Belgian's claiming credit for cricket, but I'd say it's a safer bet that none would admit to that.

12. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    [​IMG]

this kit is the business..

13. DeadAirSpace

DeadAirSpace New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Texas / Luton
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England

That's it exactly. We might not be the best team in the world, but we have a unique status as inventor of the game. And it's about time we spoke about the shirt in terms of tradition again. I hate the modern trend for Nike or Adidas making one or two designs and then just switching colours for the teams, it's so damn boring.

14. PG Tips

PG Tips Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ...tough for them, we know the truth.:D

Interesting info on the shorts. I've been reading around the web on the England shorts and how they appear longer to some people. Apparently they are the exact same length as normal but they brought the inside seem higher, so it appears longer.

Oh, and another thing, there is a second pair of socks they will wear that are red on the upper half.

15. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Its not?? :eek: *Walks out the door*
    :D

To me its a little plain but what is important is that its different. I would rather have something no one else has, even if it looked ridiculous, instead of some cookie cutter pattern everyone has. In that way this shirt is a total winner. I didn't like the white star at first but seeing it in the Beckham picture about it looks class.

Quick question, Cruz Azul has umbro kits so I know that they always promote high technology features like the 99% silver thread, anti fungal odor, X-static, etc. does this kit have anything like that? If not does is that effecting the price?

16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    bolton are u on the blob or something?

i dont think its amazing but a kits a kit and its better than the awful ones weve had lately

the euro 96 one was the last one i liked

17. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like the new kit. It looks so "original". :) Can't wait to see how the away ones look like.

18. DeadAirSpace

DeadAirSpace New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Texas / Luton
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm pretty sure they're keeping the current away ones for another year or two. Might be wrong, but sure I heard it somewhere.

19. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Til 2010.

20. DeadAirSpace

DeadAirSpace New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Texas / Luton
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yep thought so. It's not all that bad, the current red one.

Got mine for £7 quid in sportsworld. Some good things come of these ghastly out of town retailers...

21. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Say what? Wait, actually I don't care what you have to say.

22. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, I kinda like the new number. The one with the cross on the shoulder was OK, but this is nice. Good and simple. As it should be. No cookie-cutter copy cats. Just a nice, simple England shirt that looks a bit smart. Next, we need to get Brylcreem on board and REALLY sort out Becks hair...

Might think about investing in one of these.

23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    obviously u do if u quote my post

don't take your period out on big soccer mate

24. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And please avoid text-speak! Why do people use it! it takes half a second to push an extra couple of keys...

25. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    haha lol ok m8 mens dunt hav periods tho innit batty boyy

an dats da wurst peece ov logik i av eva herd blud, yoos da 1 wttin yuself tranna argyooooo wit me tho.

In future if you don't like what I post just do everyone a favour and stab yourself in the eye, because I honestly don't care.

Oh lols I replied so I obviously do care... No.