Eng vs Pakistan: Ball tampering row

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by musicl, Aug 21, 2006.

1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Nutter - you are a decent enough poster of long standing. So you should know just to red card harryknobend who is the biggest clown on big soccer, so people who know about cricket can get on with it.

2. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see how he can continue after this. I expect his career to be over.

[​IMG]

3. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    Chandu,

FWIW, it seems that Hair was offering both the ICC & Pakistan a way out that would have calmed things down a bit and salved both their organisational egos.

It seems that neither organisation have the mental capacity of a 5 year old and are well on the way to destroying themselves and the game of cricket with it.

A pox on both organisations, especially to the Pakistanis for demeaning themselves by bringing the race card into play. They should examine closely the racists in their mirrors, every day.

4. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. But Darrell Hair seems to have lost his mind shooting off emails like that, instead of requesting to meet with Malcolm Speed and Percy Sonn in person.

I'm not taking any sides in this issue. It all stinks, stinks, stinks.

5. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahaha. What did I say before?

Do you think I was privy to all those email communications between Darrell Hair and Doug Cowie, or what?

Actually, I was also referring to the mysterious circumstances under which Ranjan Madgulle disappeared for "personal reasons".

6. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Darrel Hair is definately a bit rascist though, always picks on the little black fellas. I wonder how he came up with half a mill? Just plucked it out of the air.

7. what a goal!

what a goal! Red Card

Feb 23, 2006
    Mt Clear
    Why do you believe what the newspapers say? you know they aren't always right.

8. what a goal!

what a goal! Red Card

Feb 23, 2006
    Mt Clear
    Leaking fake letters isn't really a good idea. You will only have egg on your face now.

9. what a goal!

what a goal! Red Card

Feb 23, 2006
    Mt Clear
    Fine SN, yeah no worries.

10. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium

its not fake you clown. nor leaked.

it was made public officially by the ICC

really - can you just piss off?

11. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    so you admit you were wrong?

and the bbc isn't a newspaper.

12. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    the ICC published them on advice from counsel. don't think there's anything wrong with hair offering to resign for £265,000 - all he is saying is "pay me what i am due under my contract and i'll disappear".

no doubt the ICC will do something ridiculous. they have form.

13. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    i think its a bit unprofessional that those letters were released.

let's stick to the issues here too, thanks.

14. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It was on advice that the material was relevant to the defence of the Pakistani side of the hearing - hence it was released to 3rd parties.

I can see that once it had been released to a third party like that, the ICC had little choice but to make it generally available, because it was bound to have been leaked by others once they no longer had control over the material.

that is scarcely unprofessional.

it is the kind of action of people who have a clue about PR, and don't wish to be held to ransom by their staff ;)

15. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahaha. I'm so scared now!!!!!!!

Is this the point at which I should start my theatrical pretense and go hide under a table?

16. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't think there is anything wrong with his language?

Interpreted quotation:

"Here, I'm making this non-negotiable offer. And it better be finished by August 31, with the money in the bank account and everything. No, none of that is negotiable. Neither the amount, nor the timing."

17. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    sure, he could have phrased it better, i just dont think there's anything dodgy about the principle.

18. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thats exactly right.And in that time while they were sulking in the dressing room Hair decided they had had the opportunity and forfeited the match.He did everything within the laws set out by the ICC.Inzamam will be cleared regardless, the ICC are spineless.Pakistan like all sub continental sides took no time in applying the "You're picking on us" and "Hair is racist", a view they take everytime someone questions something about them.They need to lose the inferiority complex.

Maybe if the Paki's weren't always involved when something controversial happens, then maybe it would be a little less believable.I seriously doubt Hair would have made the decision on the spur of the moment, it would have been something that had concerned him probably for several overs.Of course Doctrove had no say in it, it was all Darrell Hair.If it gets proven (which it won't because the ICC won't allow it to), they should be banned indefinitely.